What's new

Video/Tutorial Aquaman's D+2 vs. MMH's Overhead Tele

@MylesWright_

I'll be back 3ing
Nice to see people thinking outside the box rather than going ape shit like they were over killer frost's slide. A safe move that leads to combo which has low priority and is easily whiff punished and both characters are heavily dependant on using? what's the problem you crybabies

Immortal Kombat

almost moderate success
Im pretty sure if a mmh player sees you doing this that he will just come up through the floor. Its crazy how even with a good counter to his teleport he STILL gets a 50/50.Its too bad this has to be done at the start of his teleport animation or this would be money. I guess you can at least take away the safe version doing this though. Anything to make MMH players actually use their brain is good by me

AU_SUCK

MEOW
But doesn't this strategy have the same issue as walking forward? If he does a up teleport you get blown up....

Immortal Kombat

almost moderate success
But doesn't this strategy have the same issue as walking forward? If he does a up teleport you get blown up....
Ya that's pretty much what I was saying. But at least now theres a way to punish people who just throw this out there on reaction. Plus I don't trust the walk speeds in this game lol.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
I feel that you guys forget that if you try to blow up a proper instant teleport you will be hit. You need armour to counter that sort of teleport.

KIllaByte

PSN: playakid700. Local name: BFGC MonkeyBizness
If these down + 2s could be done just a bit later, this would be a universal answer, for the characters that are capable of it.
The reason as to why I say this is because, if the player defending against the teleport could wait and block long enough to ensure that MMH is not doing the normal ground teleport, and then use the uppercut to beat the overhead version, we'd be golden.

The only problem is you were expecting it without fear of mmh doing anything else but overhead teleport.

That reaction is crazy hard to do in real battle, but good shit in posting ways around it. Fuck that teleport lol

What's this?! A thread involving MMH AND his teleport, and everyone is having a civilized discussion with the topic, and not derailing it with things like that "variable blockstun" nonsense, or how much damage he gets from the teleport?!

rare footage of TYM not going apeshit and actually trying to find an answer to the hottest topic.

HP Hatecraft

I am the beginning, I am the end.
I was messing with this in the lab the other night, but with Grundy. I can confirm that I could land it, but very inconsistently. Like 3/20

Laos_boy

Meow Hoes
ugh why'd you have to spoil it i was saving some of this stuff for nec T_T
anyways chars like GA gets a meterless full combo punish with uparrow but im sure this is old news
cyborg can do upvaccum to super and the swag level is 420 out of 100%
Sorry i found this out like 2 months ago but i didnt think anyone would think this is viable

The Gabriel

Mean Man
Yeah, I'm not saying MMH isn't still S-tier, but this could help. As far as reactions go, this isn't much different than trying a MB B+3. It's actually possible to do it TOO soon. There is a timing to it. I guarantee anyone who sits in practice for a bit will at least be able to do this consistently with Aquaman. I personally tried it with Lobo and Bane, as well, and it was possible, but a lot harder.
Can any character d2 in time on reaction to the OVERHEAD teleport? Or does the timing only work by reacting to the initial ambiguous teleport animation? If the latter, then this tech is basically useless.

congrats. mmh is no longer top tier. u guys found the answer. wow. we are all so stupid to have thought that. reo is an idiot. robelo really sucks. wow.

What if he just does uppercut tele? Or ia tele?
its a risk but in high level play u will for sure see this. reo and robello would exploit my godlike reflexes .. knowing i was going to d2 them only to eat the low tele. but the main point is... the tele is still controlling the entire pace of the match and freezes anti zoning

Laos_boy

Meow Hoes
its a risk but in high level play u will for sure see this. reo and robello would exploit my godlike reflexes .. knowing i was going to d2 them only to eat the low tele. but the main point is... the tele is still controlling the entire pace of the match and freezes anti zoning
I have the strongest feeling that this is REO

John Grizzly

The axe that clears the forest
so u know this is scrub tech. real mmh are waiting to punish tridents. not to just throw out a tele. this forum makes me sick.
Ahh....there's the type of reply I was waiting for and the reason I was even hesitant to post it.

Oh well.

Ahh....there's the type of reply I was waiting for and the reason I was even hesitant to post it.

Oh well.
It's a little unviable currently, maybe it will get better or expand on this.

But like I said, at least you're trying to come up with answers/solutions to his teleport.
So don't feel bad for posting things you think are useful.

Either members of the community may expand on it, or new ideas can arise from this.

Immortal Kombat

almost moderate success
It's a little unviable currently, maybe it will get better or expand on this.

But like I said, at least you're trying to come up with answers/solutions to his teleport.
So don't feel bad for posting things you think are useful.

Either members of the community may expand on it, or new ideas can arise from this.
Ya...I honestly think its only viable for aquaman, maybe grundy and a few others with good d2's.
The guessing games still in MMH's favor