What's new

April Fool’s Tower is live.

Dude for me I can't even move at all, one match the ai mercied me and I was able to control my character.

Nrs the masters of fucking up their own game even more which didn't think was possible...dumbest tower ever. How the hell are you supposed to complete this shit? Seriously nrs I have an April fools for you, heard Vegas called said your game for picked for evo 2020! NOT!lol I'm happy this trash didn't get picked. I think someone needs to email nrs what the word BALANCE actually means because clearly the guys who made this game don't know.
All this over a tower? lol

Art Lean

Noob
Kind of shocked to see so many people angry at the second tower. I thought it was fun, basically a cheeky little puzzle to work out how to beat.

I just thought about it from the simple perspective of "if I had to send one of my AI fighters into battle against an annoying boss character who kept getting healed, yet I can't use konsumables, who would I use?"

Sometimes the characters you're great with don't translate to how the AI will use them against the stock AI on the game.

As I said, I used my Sindel. She's pretty crap in AI Battle funnily enough and don't ever use her on my defending or attacking team, hell I'm not even very good at her as a player fighter... but somehow she's AMAZING against the AI in the Towers of Time when set to being AI-controlled. She wiped the floor with Johnny just like she always does :cool:

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
All this over a tower? lol
Yeah....sorry had a bit of a rough day yesterday and that tower didn't help lol I think mine glitched because it didn't let me movie cage till like the 15th try..I think the game knows I hate it haha

xXRagingFlameXx

I'm a bad bitch, you can't kill me
For anyone who needs help on the last tower 'Enough Already!!', my AI Sonya wrecked house.

Variation: No Holds Barred - (Air) Ops Drop, Krushing Kounters, (Air) Marching Orders
Attribute Points: Kombos 30, Reversal 30
Konsumables: Shard of Life, Ethereal Armor, Takeda's Kunai

DDustiNN

MK11 Pocket Guide: Koming Soon to the App Store
I actually laughed out loud at the first 2 towers. I liked the announcer trick. And I especially liked the Johnny Cage trick once I got the joke after a couple seconds. I got quite a good laugh from that one. But after losing 5 times because the AI is just stupid, I was just getting frustrated. Switched to Joker and he won right away. Then the 3rd tower was just ridiculous and frustrating, with no jokes. Just constantly throwing stupid stuff at you so you can’t do anything. I gave up and turned the game off. It was very amusing until it became unbeatable, then it just wasn’t fun.

I’ll try again just for the brutalities but my amusement has been soured.

Art Lean

Noob
I don’t seem to recall having any trouble on the last one, that’s the endurance right? It lets you use konsumables unlike the first two, so I just used the large shards of life and it was, as we say round here “a piece of piss” :rolleyes:

Combine that with Special Forces Radio and you don't even need to fight! :D

Last edited:

scarsunseen

RIP TYM 6/11/2021
the last tower was super easy, even on brutal difficulty. i just did Ji1 over and over. the AI is kiiiinda bad lol.

Art Lean

Noob
how the fuck do you do the second one. this shit is so fucking stupid.
I approached it a bit like a simple puzzle, use your most devastating AI build who you typically never need to assign konsumables for, it should be easy if you have one designed to wreck the game's basic AI.

If you have most of Sindel's augments, she makes easy work of it. Or D'Vorah with her Laid Waste Fatal Blow augment.

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
For those of you wondering, this is the kind of shit you'll have to put up with if you consider the gauntlet lol.

So on the 2nd tower, if you or the AI do a mercy, you regain control of your actual character lol.
Yeah that happened to me once early on before on the 15th try it actually let me control cage, I had to watch 14 times as my AI got it's ass kicked by the AI.

Raider

Noob
This is why I only did the first two challenges of the Gauntlet. I simply couldn't be bothered.
I finished Gauntlet few days ago and it wasn't that bad.
Some stages are really annoying. But if you use right consumables and have D'Vorah with Laid Waste it's not a big issue.