What's new

April Fool’s Tower is live.

DragonofDadashov24

Let’s see whose fire burns hotter
Was going to play a tower with Liu Kang when I heard “KOLLECTOR”, I was like WTF?
All modifiers are bo rai cho’s farts that do nothing so don’t waste them

Zviko

Noob
How do you win that? Cage's assists utterly wipe out my character even when I'm just standing waiting to take the hits!
Something is dropping on you all the time and I think it heals you so you have to avoid it. Some skulls or whatever. Also there's an easy way if you have some good augments. I was lucky that my D'Vorah did it first try with that fatal blow augment. Baraka has some good ones too.

Art Lean

Noob
The second one had me stumped for a couple of goes as my main Kabal, even doing nothing as Cage, I'd still lose due to the hearts healing Cage and the bats hurting Kabal.

Swapped out for Sindel whose augments do immense damage, heals her on block and hurts me if I hit her, she killed my Cage character in around 15 seconds. Easy peasy.

Only downside to the rewards was the Sareena Kombat Kard design it gave me. Was really excited to get it and figured "that's my new Kombat Kard baby!" then went to apply it and she looks like garbage, just really poorly drawn. Sigh, so will stick with my classic Reptile some more instead.

I've been playing Mortal Kombat XL again as well on my Xbox One X, going about unlocking stuff for the platform. I've been playing the Living Towers and I'm enjoying the use of modifiers in them, and I remember I really liked them back in 2015.

The difference between the modifiers used there and in the Towers of Time is that in Mortal Kombat XL, almost every modifier in a match affected both characters, so the chaos was even and fun. In the Towers of Time, since modifiers mostly work against only you as the player, I find it frustrating because I'm battling the game instead of properly playing it.

For this April Fool's Tower, I can't seem to do the Johnny Cage one with my Dead of Winter Sub-Zero. I tried using Life Cyrstal Augments, but they changed in the match to those fart gas Augments. Even if, as Johnny, I'm just standing there, my Sub-Zero can't hit him fast enough.

I don't play Sindel, Baraka, or D'Vorah as a few others here have mentioned.

Any other tricks to get past this one?

Afk Skinny

3D Krusader
I've been playing Mortal Kombat XL again as well on my Xbox One X, going about unlocking stuff for the platform. I've been playing the Living Towers and I'm enjoying the use of modifiers in them, and I remember I really liked them back in 2015.

The difference between the modifiers used there and in the Towers of Time is that in Mortal Kombat XL, almost every modifier in a match affected both characters, so the chaos was even and fun. In the Towers of Time, since modifiers mostly work against only you as the player, I find it frustrating because I'm battling the game instead of properly playing it.

For this April Fool's Tower, I can't seem to do the Johnny Cage one with my Dead of Winter Sub-Zero. I tried using Life Cyrstal Augments, but they changed in the match to those fart gas Augments. Even if, as Johnny, I'm just standing there, my Sub-Zero can't hit him fast enough.

I don't play Sindel, Baraka, or D'Vorah as a few others here have mentioned.

Any other tricks to get past this one?
I just used Jade, she would do her glow to avoid the nonsense, while I just kept crouching in the corner, and avoiding the hearts that kept coming up

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
The one where your actually Cage instead of the character you selected. Had me fucked up for a minute
Dude for me I can't even move at all, one match the ai mercied me and I was able to control my character.

Nrs the masters of fucking up their own game even more which didn't think was possible...dumbest tower ever. How the hell are you supposed to complete this shit? Seriously nrs I have an April fools for you, heard Vegas called said your game for picked for evo 2020! NOT!lol I'm happy this trash didn't get picked. I think someone needs to email nrs what the word BALANCE actually means because clearly the guys who made this game don't know.

Last edited:

Hemlock

Noob
Ok this was super fun and crazy. They should definitely do more stuff like this.
I actually laughed out loud when I figured out the "trick" of the second one. That was pretty clever. The one time I don't die in 10 seconds is the time I WANT to :p