What's new

General/Other - Kano Apparently, Kano is getting buffed. Thank you all

ando1184

Noob
Well, it seems like we'll know exactly what changes Kano is getting come this Monday. I've argued with many of you about Kano getting buffed and how he needs nothing aside from glitch fixes. But alas, what I feared seems to be happening. Kano is getting buffed, and I thank you all for any future tournaments I may win.

I would love to see exactly whats being done monday. Let's wait and see.
Your welcome, we can discuss strat next CEO and evo :)

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
RIP in piece Youph.

Also most of this community says the command grab inputs are too hard, so I doubt they'd take the time to learn him lol.
piece :DOGE

Well if they played Injustice they should know how to abuse the directional buffer by now. Point is he doesn't actually need that much to be able to compete with everyone, him getting buffed is 99% luxury to those that couldn't deal with him tbh.
And what have you read so far that gives you this worry?
Who said I'd read anything that made me worry that? I'm just saying if he gets buffed to that level, which is entirely possible if you look at what they did to BS Shinnok, then I'm not going to bother dealing with the bandwagon and returning players who suddenly can play and win with him where they couldn't before 'because of the character' lol.
They could have said Commando is getting a thicker beard and Youphemism would already be crying about him being overbuffed. :rolleyes:
Great way to overemphasise a completely ignorant, and frankly wrong, opinion. Still need those buffs I assume? :coffee:

Derptile

RIP Ex Smash
they're really not though... just weird to get used to at first.
Nearly all the posts about Commando Kano for the first month and a half was complaining about his Command grab inputs, buncha pussies. It's not like they had to deal with a supreme shitter like Vanilla Shazam.

DFC

Cutthroat Truther
piece :DOGE

Well if they played Injustice they should know how to abuse the directional buffer by now. Point is he doesn't actually need that much to be able to compete with everyone, him getting buffed is 99% luxury to those that couldn't deal with him tbh.

Who said I'd read anything that made me worry that? I'm just saying if he gets buffed to that level, which is entirely possible if you look at what they did to BS Shinnok, then I'm not going to bother dealing with the bandwagon and returning players who suddenly can play and win with him where they couldn't before 'because of the character' lol.

Great way to overemphasise a completely ignorant, and frankly wrong, opinion. Still need those buffs I assume? :coffee:
My point is, nothing that has been said, or even hinted at should even allow that to cross your mind. Just cross that bridge when we get there rather than have any worry.

haketh

Noob
Nearly all the posts about Commando Kano for the first month and a half was complaining about his Command grab inputs, buncha pussies. It's not like they had to deal with a supreme shitter like Vanilla Shazam.
I aint gonna front that command is mad awkward, almost tempted me to go to Alt controls

tafka Djinn

One for three off the roof
Trade you vanilla Shazam for the pretzels. Honestly though, I always just did the Arc Systems overdrive for that input as a simplification.

Rude

You will serve me in The Netherrealm
I'm scared to be honest, because people will just bandwagon if he gets overbuffed. I don't want to play an easy character/variation and if they make him easier then I might just drop him because what's the point (for someone that isn't a tier whore/needs a buffed character to do well)?

If you played him before patch, and you liked the character, then there is absolutely no reason not keep playing the character.

Top tier does not equal free wins.

Hell, I still secondary Cutthroat for those times whem Quan gets block infinite'd to death.

Rude

Seriously, who gives a shit about bandwagons?

I love Quan Chi. He's been my favorite since Deadly Alliance and the fact that tons of players play him now after the shitter he was in MK9, I'm thrilled.

I want to see as many Quans win as possible.

You all should feel the same way about Kano.

Youphemism

If you played him before patch, and you liked the character, then there is absolutely no reason not keep playing the character.

Top tier does not equal free wins.

Hell, I still secondary Cutthroat for those times whem Quan gets block infinite'd to death.
I see what you're saying but if they buff the character to a point where it changes how they're played then I'm not playing that same pre-patch character that I enjoyed and that would be why I stop playing them.

But this of course is dependent on much the patch will affect him.

Rude

I see what you're saying but if they buff the character to a point where it changes how they're played then I'm not playing that same pre-patch character that I enjoyed and that would be why I stop playing them.

But this of course is dependent on much the patch will affect him.

What if you like the new playstyle?

Brutal Chimney

vaporus punching bag
dbf in itself is not hard. what makes it irritating is the ps4 d-pad.

I can't count how many times I tried to roll the crook of my thumb from down to back, ghosted over back, and then ended up hitting forward 4.

KitanawantstheD

CERTIFIED WANKER
I'm more concerned about netcode buffs. These are cool and all but if you can't be consistent with it because of technical issues then...oh well lol

Youphemism

What if you like the new playstyle?
Interesting question...but if they're buffing him into a playstyle that's easier to win with I probably won't like it. IF I do somehow end up liking it then I'll mess around with it and see how I feel but I'm really just hanging around until KP2 to be honest.