What's new

Apologies to TYM

RoboCop

The future of law enforcement.
Administrator
Premium Supporter
I know I've rubbed a lot of members the wrong way since the release of Injustice 2. I have very strong feelings about the game and still have many issues with it. I think it's important to discuss both the positive and negative aspects of the game, but I have not presented my points in the most elegant or approachable manner. For that I apologize.

I have also gotten into some serious fights with several members over issues in my threads or over the way certain members have behaved. While I feel like I am certainly not the only one in the wrong here, I would rather clear the air and let bygones be bygones. I've been a member of TYM for almost 6 years now, and I would rather get along with everyone than be "right". So to anyone who I have offended or pissed off, I apologize for any wrongdoing on my part and hope we can go back to getting along.

Going forward, I will do my best to avoid wording my posts in a way that will cause conflict (not an easy thing to do on TYM, but I can at least give it a shot).

I'm a person who gets riled up and needs to vent, who sees an issue and needs to discuss it immediately. I'll play from 8am to midnight, literally just taking breaks to pee and grab a bite to eat, and many times I'm coming off a long set of Cold vs Aquaman or some other nightmare matchup that I'm trying to grind out. I'm exhausted, frustrated, and not in a positive or constructive state of mind, which is where much of the hostility in my posts comes from. From now on, I'll be more conscious of my state of mind and make an effort to remove any hostile tone from my threads.

I want to thank those of you who put up with my negative attitude gracefully. I love TYM. I spend so much time on here (maybe too much time?) that many of you really are like a second family to me. I know I'm not the easiest person to get along with but I'll do my best to have more of a positive impact on the site from now on. My intention was never to cause grief or conflict, but my choice of wording and phrasing inevitably led to it, and for that I am genuinely sorry.

So in conclusion, I hope you can forgive me for my negative attitude, my hostile posts, and anything else I may have done that resulted in anyone having a negative experience on the site. I apologize to the mods, whose jobs I have definitely made harder these past few weeks. I look forward to many more years of discussing NRS games with all of you.

-Woody

---------------------------------------------------------

Just to address the "Why so serious, it's just a game" argument:

No, Injustice 2 is "just a game". TYM is a community. It may have it's problems, sure, but it's hands down the best community for fans of NRS games, and I've been alienating too many of its members with my polarizing posts. I know it may seem silly to post such a serious apology on a forum for video games, but this community is important to me and I feel like the points made in the OP needed to be said. I firmly believe that TYM deserved an apology from me.

As far as my future posts go, I'll still be posting my thoughts and opinions, and not all of them will be positive; many will still be controversial. But I'll be careful to word them as respectfully and diplomatically as possible. Any controversial post is already going to bring out the worst TYM has to offer, but I can at least take steps to make it easy to agree or disagree with my points without resorting to toxic behavior.

Last edited:

wsj515

This is my billionth life cycle.
Its been more than entertaining to say the least.

You definitely shouldn't censor yourself, but absolutes like "10-0 unbeatable matchup" miiiight be pushing it lol

Reauxbot

You think you bad? You aint bad.
What a couple of assholes.
He was doing what he felt was respectful and right in his mind.
Last I recall this is a community thread for meeting and playing with people.
I've made nice friends because of such forums.
What is with these toxic reactions that come across some of these threads these days..?

Well just remember to stop theory crafting shit here. It is not worth it. Prove it with your play. People will deny shit forever until they get put on blast in a tournament. That is at least how the good ole days were in Injustice. So many people thought xyz was the best/worst and each scene showed some special shit with every character. It is whats so great about this game imo. There are so many ways to win with different styles.

Agilaz

It has begun
I don' think people were pissed so much about the points you were trying to make, but rather the way you made them. I can kind of recognize my own past behaviour in the things you say and all I can suggest is to take a step back. At the end of the day, it's a videogame. We all want the game to be good and to succeed but it's still isn't worth our physical and mental health.

Be well, man. Take a break every now and then. It'll help.

Tanno

The Fantasy is the Reality of the Mind
Honestly, it's too late for apologies. Consider yourself fortunate that you haven't been reported.
Honestly, it's too late for redemption, so take it as your lucky day that my penis isn't in your mouth. Since I see that you're one of the shit talkers, I'll have to politely ask you to leave him alone.

Everyone hates and cares for him, but I'm kind of different. I always take the neutral position, but in this thread I took karaoke's side for those problems this game has.

@karaokelove , no need for apologies. It always happens. Ignore the shit talkers and come to ours side, who are good people.