What's new

Question - Fisticuffs Anyone out there?

Anyone still play the variation? I play stunt double and A-List but the fisticuffs brutality is my favorite in the game and was wondering what some peoples gameplans were with this variation.

ismael4790

Stay focused or get Caged
I'm one of the few ones that still main Fisticuffs.

If you haven't started learning any Cage variation yet, I would suggest you pick any of the other two, since they will give you better results with much less effort. Both are balanced characters (with some issues to fix, but it's ok).

If for some reason you like Fisticuffs as me, good luck xD
You are going to have lots of troubles opening up people defense, since you don't have access to cancels, don't have mimics plus on block and nothing in exchange. The specific string of the variation, speedbag, used to be a good tool to pressure before 06/23, but after the patch it became just a bait tool, and it's mostly used to break (some) armors. The chip bonus is hard to activate safely if you are not far, you usually need to do a hard knockdown on the opponent and sacrifice damage to activate it, which usually does not pay off.

If you want to start with the variation, here's a great guide by @Frosted 57 : http://testyourmight.com/threads/fisticuffs-guide.53139/

And if you want to see some of the many limitations Fisticuffs has, go here http://testyourmight.com/threads/why-fc-is-bottom-tier-and-ways-to-save-him.57313/

Would be great if more people joined the Fisticuffs army xD It's hard to change things when few people really cares about the variation.

Last edited:

Nivek

Athena guide me, the thunder God...
I used this variation to win @Mitsuownes and @EGP Wonder_Chef 'S pretadors back in ESL season 1 finals lol..
It was really fun but after that i tried to learn this variation and felt sooooo helpless..for sure he needs buffs!! He has nothing really!!
In the next patch i will play him for sure if they fix him :)

Vigilante24

Beware my power, Red Lantern's Light
We can play some sets if you want :)
Ayy thanks man! Youre gonna need to take me to the online lab tho and show me how to properly use this variation with the nerfed B1212121212121212121212 (infinite symbol plz!). Johnny was actually my first main but I learned A-List. Ive always liked his character but I wanna play a character for fun that no one plays. Plus armor breaking options are always nice!

ismael4790

I used this variation to win @Mitsuownes and @EGP Wonder_Chef 'S pretadors back in ESL season 1 finals lol..
It was really fun but after that i tried to learn this variation and felt sooooo helpless..for sure he needs buffs!! He has nothing really!!
In the next patch i will play him for sure if they fix him :)
Amen! Let's hope NRS gods hear you, Nivek xD
He needs a lot of help. I have been loyal to the variation, but it has been very hard since 6/23 nerf.
I heard he's not going to get anything in the next patch though, which is quite surprising for me.

I read a lot of your post ismael. I main Fisticuffs at the moment in the the new beta and I'm having really positive results and a lot of fun. Don't get me wrong there are a handful of characters that I just can't deal with playing this variation. But I'd say I'm winning more than losing. I love the new grab after fist bump!! Any way I've been playing since '91 but I'm new to TYM. Keep up the good work my man.

ismael4790

I read a lot of your post ismael. I main Fisticuffs at the moment in the the new beta and I'm having really positive results and a lot of fun. Don't get me wrong there are a handful of characters that I just can't deal with playing this variation. But I'd say I'm winning more than losing. I love the new grab after fist bump!! Any way I've been playing since '91 but I'm new to TYM. Keep up the good work my man.
Yeah, the variation is cool, but has lots of problems, limitations, even his main string has terrible whiffing issues... all of this holds him back from being viable at serious competition.

Let's hope nrs gives Fisticuffs what he deserves, so all of us who like the variation can enjoy a bit more!!

Keep speedbagging, man! :)

Disasterpiese

it's not over when you lose, it'over when you quit
Yeah, the variation is cool, but has lots of problems, limitations, even his main string has terrible whiffing issues... all of this holds him back from being viable at serious competition.

Let's hope nrs gives Fisticuffs what he deserves, so all of us who like the variation can enjoy a bit more!!

Keep speedbagging, man! :)
"Speed" bagging xD i really want something as flame fist lui kang and i think it will not be OP if done right, for now i just going to play Cage also known as the character with 2 variations..