What's new

Question - Liu Kang Anyone know if any top guys still play liu kang?

kencheese

sub zero cryomancer
He plays on ps4 pad and these few games doesnt show how really good his liu is. Would upload more of his games if u interested. #MKXAfrica
when you say a ps4 pad , i assume a dual shock ps4, please upload more if you can, love lk, just beginning to understand him and will play him for a long time to hopefully get somewhat descent at some point, in the earyl video i am at this point able to do lk's 44,213,b34,f44, now need to work on adding fbf4 or db2 or df2, and then do it in AI custome mode, mainly medium, on a actual fighting opponent, I LOVE THIS CHARACTER

Just leaving this here so that I can lol @ people in the future.

Dragon's Fire Liu Kang is probably the best pressure character in the game(as long as he isn't nerfed anymore), and it'll take a while before people really start showing how good he is. The two things he's lacking from being broken include an Armored launcher(Ex and MBed Bicycle kick does not count) and good wakeup attacks, and the obvious overhead(which he does not need btw). I suggest all of you to remain quiet about him and refrain from making thread's like "WHY DRAGON'S FIRE IS A TOP 5 CHARACTER HURRRRR" so that he isn't ruined.

God bless all you Dragon Fire players.
One of the main issues I am having with LK is his inability to counter poke vs some of the cast. I get trapped in pokes and it's hella weird. Everything else I agree with

Mpizz10

Liu Kang and The Flash mains
One of the main issues I am having with LK is his inability to counter poke vs some of the cast. I get trapped in pokes and it's hella weird. Everything else I agree with
Ermac and sub zero poke the shit out of me then jump over my head 20 times and it drives me insane lol I completely agree with you. His f1 can be used as a poke that'd good I just have a bad habit of abusing d3

Ermac and sub zero poke the shit out of me then jump over my head 20 times and it drives me insane lol I completely agree with you. His f1 can be used as a poke that'd good I just have a bad habit of abusing d3
I got beat by a kotal player the other day who just used d1 every time i got close. I recreated the scenario in practice mode and it was very hard to avoid still...

mVp_Ryon

Who's coming to Ghana?
U can bait pokes and punish on whiff especially when opponent seem to spam. I hv the same problem with cassie's d3. But block the d3 walk back slightly and start a f44 string. If ur opponent is good enough it turns into mind games in such situations.

mVp_Ryon

Who's coming to Ghana?
The
when you say a ps4 pad , i assume a dual shock ps4, please upload more if you can, love lk, just beginning to understand him and will play him for a long time to hopefully get somewhat descent at some point, in the earyl video i am at this point able to do lk's 44,213,b34,f44, now need to work on adding fbf4 or db2 or df2, and then do it in AI custome mode, mainly medium, on a actual fighting opponent, I LOVE THIS CHARACTER
I use a dual shock 4 pad. Search 'lavagee' on YouTube. We recently played a tournament. videos has been uploaded on that channel. I can't seem to send a direct link here with my mobile.:(

kencheese

sub zero cryomancer
The

I use a dual shock 4 pad. Search 'lavagee' on YouTube. We recently played a tournament. videos has been uploaded on that channel. I can't seem to send a direct link here with my mobile.:(
Thank you for the reply, do you think LK dragon fire is an outstanding character, I do

mVp_Ryon

Who's coming to Ghana?
Thank you for the reply, do you think LK dragon fire is an outstanding character, I do
Dragon fire is outstanding (imo) because that is the only variation that can Rushdown, average footsies, good space control and zone effectively. Adapting to either playstyles in a match is relatively easier than most. The wake up game is the only downside but manageable. So yh DF is outstanding.

I'll practice more to see if I can get it more consistently but thus far vs cassie/kotal/ermac at least ive been unsuccessful
Do u just have a problem in the poking meta in general? Its still early so its understandable.

Can u explain in more detail about the characters u mentioned?

kencheese

sub zero cryomancer
Dragon fire is outstanding (imo) because that is the only variation that can Rushdown, average footsies, good space control and zone effectively. Adapting to either playstyles in a match is relatively easier than most. The wake up game is the only downside but manageable. So yh DF is outstanding.[/QUOTE iam totally new to gaming and this is my first game, practicing hard just not on ai dummies, but in custome and practice from both sides of the field from start up, understand and implementing frame data, i dont like to look at tier list, i personally think they are popularity contest, and dont know but personally feel that some top players maybe informed by the sponsor to play certain figther(only a speculation, no proof), how do you rate LK, i feel he is strong, i think most all of the fighters are real good, and think anyone of them could be used a be number one on a tier list, i think it is just a preference of how the moves feel to you and the motor skills of button pushing, for instance i also like kung lao, but find some of the sequence of button pushing difficult for me to do visually then with visual motor skills of my hands, such as his back,123 this is his major basic kombo move, and for me b123 is easy but i have a hard time physiologically pushing back to make him go forward and then attack, is just a physco effect on me, where LK his f213 is easy in my mind to do since it is forward, but the sequence of buttons is harder to do 213 than 123, weird i guess

The

If on mobile, when you're in your "reply window" you'll see a wrench at the top right. Click that which should make Rich Text disabled and turn yellow. Then paste your link.

mVp_Ryon

Who's coming to Ghana?
Popularity contest, lol. Tier list is arguably reasonable at times but personally I feel one should know his strength and weakness and go for a charcater that makes him express his strength to the max even as it shadows his weaknesses. I wouldn't know how to rate liu considering where I am (Ghana). Also I dont know how whether u want to learn the game on the casual level or on a competitive level. U are here so i assume u wanna be really good. Since u are new to this, all you need is practice. Execution will become easier the more u play since its mostly converted to muscle memory. Play more. :)

xQUANTUMx

Twitter: @xxQUANTUM
Both moves work fine for me
This is not a dig but genuine curiosity. Who are you counter poking with a 9f d1 and a 12f d3?

Unless you're talking about counter poking with a mid string like b12 or f213....but again those frames aren't terribly fantastic. I get out poked by goro so much it's super frustrating (6f d1, 7f d3 etc)

kencheese

sub zero cryomancer
nice, I LOVE LIU, do you believe in tier list or not, i dont, i believe you need to pick a player that you like and that their kombos, special moves and special move komobs are best for your hand to eye coordination and hand muscle memory, i have said this in other threads, i also like KL but his main kombo is b123 and i have a hard time pushing a back directional button prior to a three(not a 2 button)button basic kombo, just my physcie i guess, i personally believe most all 95% of the entire cast are a S+ tier fighters, just my opinion, but iam just a noob's, noob. thanks scott radasch, you need to know your plays strength and weakness and learn the other fighters weakness to allow your weakness to be turned into a strength, that is why i practice a lot in practice mode, but i mainly use an AI under custom of medium mode, and learn to block and crouch block in order to anticipate my opponents OH and low strikes, practice alot against sub z blocking his slide and overhead slam B2, and now getting into quick crouch/standing blocks to guard against basic kombos that his low/med or low/hi, proper blocking moves are so important, you cant hit kombos strings if you do not block properly, by the way who do you consider the top character in mkx

This is not a dig but genuine curiosity. Who are you counter poking with a 9f d1 and a 12f d3?

Unless you're talking about counter poking with a mid string like b12 or f213....but again those frames aren't terribly fantastic. I get out poked by goro so much it's super frustrating (6f d1, 7f d3 etc)
Never did i say anything about using d3 as a counter poking option lol. Where did you get that from?...lol at d3

Against certain characters, d1 works fine. You just have to know the situation. As i told the other guy in a previous post, d1 and b1 (sometimes f1) are liu's best counter poking options.

A great example would be against jax. B1 and f1 do well against jax.