What's new

Question - Liu Kang Anyone know if any top guys still play liu kang?

mVp_Ryon

Who's coming to Ghana?
have you been playing mk for a long time, if so can i ask for some help, iam new to ps4, first game is mkx, been learing LK DF for 3 months now, completely understand all the frame data, komboing(cancelling) is very easy for me, i find a group of very long kombos on utube and break them down into a bunch of smaller series of seperate kombos thant range form 12 to 25 percent damage, this allows me to really mix it up, here is my concern, i play offline single player on medium setting, and have no real problem winning, iam 900/35 win/lose, really enjoy medium, to go to hard and it is some what of a serious upgrade(i dont win but i give the opponent a run for their money), i then go to very hard to really learn tech blocking, breakers, punishes and wake ups, i have even on hard played my LK against the CPU LK and what he does to me is what i have been doing to my opponents on medium mode, so i definitely have done something right and have put my skills together properly, how do i handle HARD MODE ?, very hard is not too much for me what i have found is that for hard and very hard the CPU reacts very abruptly and waste no time to punish, wake up and start a move, if i use my fastest move he uses a slower move to out do me, so i know the CPU uses every possible millisecond to its advantage, can you give me some advice to get better at HARD, OR DO I JUST NEED TO KEEP PRACTICING, and keep learnig all the opponents variations of their wake ups, reversals and start up moves thanks scott aka keencheese
Ive been playing mk for a very long time since mk1 through to mkx. Play Very Hard. Helps tremendously with learning punishes, improves reaction on situations and importantly execution. Start with perfecting your combos in practice mode. Then move on to playing Ai on very hard to learn how to punish on frame.

kencheese

sub zero cryomancer
Ive been playing mk for a very long time since mk1 through to mkx. Play Very Hard. Helps tremendously with learning punishes, improves reaction on situations and importantly execution. Start with perfecting your combos in practice mode. Then move on to playing Ai on very hard to learn how to punish on frame.
thank you for the reply, that is what i have been doing, i even go to practice options, jump over my opponent(dummie) and then set control player 1 on right, save and go to ai options and set ai from med to very hard(mix it up) and have learned to get good from my lesser side to the point iam almost as good from the right as i am from the left, how i learned to play easy when i first started was to do this same set up on medium and went to eary and it seemed to be in slow motion so bumped up to medium and practice ai on hard and very hard and medium seemed to be in slow motion, i just find that people complain( of which i am not doing, i love challanges) that the cpu reads your inputs on hard and very hard, i dont buy that, what is going on is the cpu is punishing, wakeing up, and doing start up move with no delays, in other words, when the cpu is attacked and blockes a string, the cpu comes out of block with less delay(sorry in other words comes out of block at the very first frame possible to come out of block) as compared to very easy and easy and so on, so the player must bump his response/reflexes up a notch to meet the challenge, again thanks for the reply and i will keep on keeping on, can you make a suggestion of a character to use in conjunction with liu kang all suggestions are appreciated(dont like scorp, he is the same old same old, i hope that is okay to say to you, if you play him i dont mean to be offensive)

Liu outzones cutthroat due to kanos knife being a high but even thn, the liu player is still playing kanos game full screen. Cybernetics zoning blows up liu even tho its not that bad but kano still wins the trade because liu can't duck under the knives so we're forced to take chip. The best way to play kano as liu is to bait him and keep him in the neutral range.
@Phosferrax
@mVp_Ryon

so liu loses vs kanos zoning because liu takes chip on block? , no offense but what da heck? :) :D. how can he blow him up at range when fb does more damage? , im sure u played vs good kanos yeh but you must be doing something wrong if you guys are getting outzoned by cybernetic. trade all day for me . kano is an idiot if he keeps trading lol. phosferrax something im missing here? :s :eek:. has kano got a super secret knife move i never knew about that does lots of chips? :eek: . every cybernetic i played realises they cant zone me out and they always end up coming in after they lose a couple of games when they realise its a lost cause. i heard ppl say before "well you can just jump and ball them" , im like ermm ok then liu can just iafb ex and get 40% combo on you . im confused u guys think he outzones liu. i could be missing something major here though? , fill me in :) .

@Phosferrax
@mVp_Ryon

so liu loses vs kanos zoning because liu takes chip on block? , no offense but what da heck? :) :D. how can he blow him up at range when fb does more damage? , im sure u played vs good kanos yeh but you must be doing something wrong if you guys are getting outzoned by cybernetic. trade all day for me . kano is an idiot if he keeps trading lol. phosferrax something im missing here? :s :eek:. has kano got a super secret knife move i never knew about that does lots of chips? :eek: . every cybernetic i played realises they cant zone me out and they always end up coming in after they lose a couple of games when they realise its a lost cause. i heard ppl say before "well you can just jump and ball them" , im like ermm ok then liu can just iafb ex and get 40% combo on you . im confused u guys think he outzones liu. i could be missing something major here though? , fill me in :) .
Im convinced in believing/knowing that the kano players that you play are doing something wrong. ;)

Kano wins at full screen.
this is what im not getting neither is @phospherrax . how does he win full screen. how many time i gta ask to get an answer to ppl lolol.

Zoning is about space control and kano wins that...and kano wins in the footsies
everything is about space control in fighting games lmao. zoning is about more than just space control. again u said kano can stay full screen and win and shouldnt rush in. how can he win full screen.......... this is what we want too know. also if kano is the one guessing consistantly since he loses the zoning game then how can he win the footsies lmao. has he got a cassie cage range b12??? , please though im more interested in the first question cos no one seems to be answering it. its common sense to me why liu wins full screen but i want to understand your side of why you think different. were yet to hear anything of use lol