What's new

General/Other - Jacqui Briggs Anyone find it weird that she is getting so much hate despite not being fully revealed yet?

The reason is because, at this point, she is a Cassie clone. When Jacquie was revealed, we already had a daughter in Special Forces wearing military attire. Jacquie became an afterthought because we had already been there and done that with Cassie. That will remain the case until we see more of Jacquie's personality and move set, and other things that make her unique.

For the record, I had Jacquie ranked around the 6 or 7 mark on the character interest poll. I was surprised to see her come in dead last.

Desperdicio

Tell me, do you bleed?
Why don't you like her then? And please give an acual reason and not the dumb "just because" that basically everyone else here is saying.
She looks too normal. That's probably why I don't like Sonya either. I like Johnny Cage because he's the superstar, and he's funny. I like Jax because he looks badass with his poker face and his muscles, is very strong, and, since MK3, has metal arms. If they hadn't those characteristics, I wouldn't like them either. Maybe the character is more interesting than it seems, I give you that.

Rathalos

Play Monster Hunter!
Lots of people are just angry she got in over their favorites.
Everyone already got their time to shine in MK9, time for some new blood.

That said, NRS revealing her and then waiting over a month to show gameplay is pretty shit.
Also, like Cassie, her main costume is a bit bland, hopefully she has a good alt, or some DLC.
I actually don't really know what I would want her to wear, over designed ninja costumes aren't really her style, maybe a casual hoodie to fit her boxing theme.

Lots of people are just angry she got in over their favorites.
Everyone already got their time to shine in MK9, time for some new blood.

That said, NRS revealing her and then waiting over a month to show gameplay is pretty shit.
Also, like Cassie, her main costume is a bit bland, hopefully she has a good alt, or some DLC.
I actually don't really know what I would want her to wear, over designed ninja costumes aren't really her style, maybe a casual hoodie to fit her boxing theme.
It has more to do than her getting in over their favorite character its more to do with her getting in over someone who had potential or could have been more interesting in design.

You know how dissapointed I was getting Batgirl over Deadman, or Weather Wizard, or Grodd, or Blue Beetle, or Stargirl, or Animal Man? All characters who'd offer a wider view of the DC Comics spectrum and characters I felt could've offered more to the overall game's diversity than Batgirl, they'd all give a different visual "vibe" to the game.

SZSR

Noob
She doesn't need to make jokes though, Cassie does, and she also needs to have two parents whose popularity she needs to play off of since as a character she's really not that interesting...though her mother isn't interesting either so I see where Cassie gets it from. Also #GiraffeNeck
at least the story behind Jacqui's mother is interesting...

LOL Cassie NEEDS Jacqui. Jacqui's the one that puts in the effort, punching Erron Black and coming up with a plan, and she actually managed to get Mavado, an able kombatant, into an armlock in the first place. All Cassie had to do was slice him. Wow. Also look at this picture and tell me who A. is in the front and B. looks better:

Exactly ;)
I was with you until you called Mavado an able kombatant.

Why do people keep saying "because she took my fav characters spot"? Jacqui and everyone else in the MKX cast didn't take anyone's spot. If NRS wanted to add another character they would have done so.

The point of this topic isn't that I am annoyed with her having haters in general, it's that she is getting so much haters when she is literally the character we know the least about in MKX. Plus we haven't seen her in action or at all in the game aside from an X-ray and a sentence. That's my main gripe. I don't feel the amount of hate she is getting is fair.

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
You're running around basically saying everyone is wrong for not loving Jacqui, but it's subjective.\
Excuse me.

Please find me a post where I say this, because i'm 110% sure i've said nothing of the sort, and that you're pulling this out of your ass.

I've never told anyone they had to like this character, I could care less if they do. I just don't think it's fair for people to start judging these new characters negatively before we actually see what they are really about.

Could a gameplay reveal change all that? Yeah, it might well. But if you want to talk about people acting like know-it-alls, you need to look in a mirror.
Find me a post where I say I know anything about this character that isn't already shown. Please, go use the search feature.

Lmao. Jacqui makes jokes too but no one notices because they suck

Jacqui will always be #2, there's a reason why Cassie's the leader. She's the one who merely holds the body while Cassie's the one who slices their chest open like a true soldier.
Cassie's the leader because she's white. Don't matter because i still like Jacqui much better then cassie. No matter if Jacqui's getting alot of hate.

Stevie Steelz

I break muthaf****s...
I actually think she is pretty interesting and she has a unique fighting style. The idea of a kick boxer with different weapons attached to her arms in different variations seems pretty cool. Not to mention she is the first black female in MK (or 2nd if Tanya is black).
Did I miss something? When and where was it noted that she is a kick boxer with gauntlets on her arms? If that's so, she sounds pretty hype to me....:coffee:

I'm not interested in her because of what we've seen in the comics.
If that's the case, we should have all been uninterested in Cassie Cage because it wasn't until a month or so ago that they did an actual breakdown of her variations.

HeroesNZ

Baconlord's Billionaire Sugar Daddy
Cassie's the leader because she's white.

If that's the case, we should have all been uninterested in Cassie Cage because it wasn't until a month or so ago that they did an actual breakdown of her variations.
wut? Dafuq you talking about?

We saw Jacqui's personality in the comics. I didn't like her personality so I'm not going to main her. What's that got to do with variation breakdowns?

Last edited:
Did I miss something? When and where was it noted that she is a kick boxer with gauntlets on her arms? If that's so, she sounds pretty hype to me....:coffee:
It hasn't been confirmed, but seeing how she is a Junior Olympic Kickboxing Champion (along with her x-ray) and how she has weapon attached gauntlets, I think that would be the case. :)

So you're telling me a 100% brand new character that has never been in a game before and is a clean slate with no baggage, has less potential than a character that's already been established?

I don't think you know what potential means, but you should look it up.
Less potential because she's not thematically diverse. Once again I'll refer to Batgirl. Batgirl offered nothing in terms of aesthetic, and thematic diversity from the cast of Injustice. She's a human that uses gadgets like at least 6 other characters in the game. Whereas Grodd would have more opportunities to make diversify the thematic pallette of the game. He's huge, he's a gorilla, he's got psychic attacks, and he's a Flash villain, etc. This opens up more opportunities to have something more unique to the game. So far everything we've seen from her looks wise is embodied in another character already. And that cassie alternate isn't even that diverse. And sure, a character in civilian clothing is a stylistic change from wearing a uniform as in Cassie's alternate, but that doesn't mean its interesting either which I find it not to be. And even then it emphasizes her character trait of being slightly immature and not taking things so seriously. So it still does thematically represent the character.

Last edited:

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
Less potential because she's not thematically diverse. So far everything we've seen from her looks wise is embodied in another character already. And that cassie alternate isn't even that diverse. And sure, a character in civilian clothing is a stylistic change from wearing a uniform as in Cassie's alternate, but that doesn't mean its interesting either which I find it not to be. And even then it emphasizes her character trait of being slightly immature and not taking things so seriously. So it still does thematically represent the character.
I'm sorry, but you straight up said:
alternate costumes are still in the same realm as their primary.
That costume is not.

Now wether or not it embodies Cassie as a character has nothing to do with that statement.

The point being, an alternate costume can be completely different in tone and design than the primary.

Just because her primary is military doesn't mean her alternate(s) will be.

Less potential because she's not thematically diverse.
That is arguable at best.

They can do anything they want with any character and explain it in a way that makes sense, this is a fictitious world. Being entirely new makes this even easier.

Being military and from Earthrealm limits nothing but her past, because that's all that has been established. What she can be however is completely up in the air.

[/QUOTE]

wut? Dafuq you talking about?

We saw Jacqui's personality in the comics. I didn't like her personality so I'm not going to play her. What's that got to do with variation breakdowns?

it's true the Marketing is all about Cassie and zero about Jacqui.