What's new

Any Tips for Practicing Instant Air (anything)

kitana's fans are easy. They work pretty much how they did in 9.

I just wish the BF projectiles were allowed to use jumping backwards as the B input like in 9.

i might be the only person in the universe who uses the analogue stick for instant airs on a pad lol.

Only the right side, on the left i use the d pad. ghetto as fuck.
I used analog stick for mileena's IAS in MK9. I could get it at the lowest possible point every time from either side.

Wigy

There it is...
I used analog stick for mileena's IAS in MK9. I could get it at the lowest possible point every time from either side.
Tbh its not hard to use the analogue for a lot of characters, kitana and mileena. Its just liu and cassie that are an issue.

Noob
For a lasher player like me where one of my essential tools is mapped to diagonal df1 and is a normal when I also have 2 more important tools like df1 (special move) and my f1 things get really choatic really fast.
So if I have a move that's db2 and one df2, I should have input shortcuts off? When I play outlaw Erron sometimes the sword comes out instead of the grab. So would turning it off help?

So if I have a move that's db2 and one df2, I should have input shortcuts off? When I play outlaw Erron sometimes the sword comes out instead of the grab. So would turning it off help?
You should try it but probably not. It sounds as if you eather don't do it fast or clean enough.
Practice it w shortcuts turned off and then turn it on again.
In the end it's just a matter of taste anyway.

MrProfDrPepper

NRS, Guilty Gear, and KI, the holy trinity
In this case I would probably say that your inputs are probably rushed, I don't think you need them turned off in that case, in the case of lasher I have to slow down my input to a halt in order to get low slash out with input shortcuts turned on. And low slash is a VERY important tool in lasher. But with erron I think your problem is that you are pressing the button too early. Make certain you go through the entire motion before pressing 2

Syzoth

The last Saurian from Zaterra - Syzoth - Reptile
I can do shinnoks IA tricky port but jaquis IA ground pound has not worked well for me yet. Like most things. it takes a grind.

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
Cassie is the hardest imo. Mileena hasn't been too hard. My left hand is sorta fucked so I have trouble from the right side for some reason. Maybe just the angle? Idk.

Colest

Mid-Tier 'Mancer Main
i need one plssss
They're super nice with that kind of stuff but a hitbox (or any stick for that matter) really lets you know when you're just mashing and haven't gotten your execution down precisely. Also I find EXing certain moves requires a strange plinking pattern that makes it a little awkward for certain run cancels or reversal armoring.

On a related note when I ordered one they sent me two so I gave the extra to my friend. Which he never uses.

x TeeJay o

Canary Cry Gapless Pressure
They're super nice with that kind of stuff but a hitbox (or any stick for that matter) really lets you know when you're just mashing and haven't gotten your execution down precisely. Also I find EXing certain moves requires a strange plinking pattern that makes it a little awkward for certain run cancels or reversal armoring.

On a related note when I ordered one they sent me two so I gave the extra to my friend. Which he never uses.
I pre ordered my xbone version one last month. super excited for it to get here !

chrisisnice

I'm a lover, not a fighter
Cassie's IAK is really difficult to pull off regularly

Unfortunately it is one of the many reasons I cannot play Cassie... she is the one character who I most want to play but can't. Her IAK and my inablilty to perform run cancel combos kills me (yes, I have practiced them many many times).

BangBang

Noob
I've tried Cassie's IAG on a friend's hitbox and it doesn's make it easier, if you're thinking about buying a hitbox only to do this move, I don't think its a good idea. Difficulty and practice required is quite the same as doing it on pad, Its not only a clean input thing, timing is key too.

This is just me but if you are using the ps4 controller or any standard controller try to roll your finger, It wont get the inputs exact but it works for me all the time. Other than that the easiest way is to get a fight pad or stick

ZigZag

That Welsh Guy
I think when Ketchup was asked how to do IAGS with cassie he gave the best advice.
It really can't be put any better than "do the input really fast"

Tanno

The Fantasy is the Reality of the Mind
Cassie is the hardest imo. Mileena hasn't been too hard. My left hand is sorta fucked so I have trouble from the right side for some reason. Maybe just the angle? Idk.
Maybe you overused your left hand and got hurt in the progress? It happened with me, so I had to take a break before I try again.

Having troubles from the right side? Maybe your hand didn't get used to the right side?