What's new

Tech anti wakeup Reset tech

187x

Noob
your opponent is forced to block the ex missile. If they don't block or they wakeup you get a free combo like shown

i apologize if this has been found already, Here you go

BEENEEWEENEES

Thou shalt be slain!
couldn't you get more or close to that just doing the regular bnb? it's neat but seems a lil pointless imo

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
Does it hit overhead or mid? If it hits mid, hold neutral down block. If not, most invincible wake-ups will just ignore it to my knowledge.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
i think mid and u r rite b kuz shazam will go rite by it but if dey dont know its koming u will get it every time
I don't need to know whats coming to know I can just use any invuln wake up and punish you for it. As the homage goes: "If it loses to slide...".

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
It will beat inv wakeups if timed right

Sent from my SCH-R720 using Tapatalk 2
"If timed right" is one thing, but honestly it does feel pretty gimmicky. You might as well use minigun for free chip since that's consistant and it will actually beat out a lot of stuff.

187x

Noob
"If timed right" is one thing, but honestly it does feel pretty gimmicky. You might as well use minigun for free chip since that's consistant and it will actually beat out a lot of stuff.
Machine gun does like 0.75 chip on block. Mb does like 1%. Ex missile that beats wakeups launches you to 31%. It does 38% if timed on a inv wakeup.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
Machine gun does like 0.75 chip on block. Mb does like 1%. Ex missile that beats wakeups launches you to 31%. It does 38% if timed right on a inv wakeup.

It won't stop Bane venom charge, and if they just crouch block it how much does it deal? Because minigun does about 12%-20% MB if I remember right and gives you some distance to work with while also stuffing a lot of reactions consistently while MB missle has a chance of landing that big combo but requires you to spend a meter hoping.

I'll take a free 12% that does its 2% in chip and a good situation over having to spend a meter.

187x

Noob
It won't stop Bane venom charge, and if they just crouch block it how much does it deal? Because minigun does about 12%-20% MB if I remember right and gives you some distance to work with while also stuffing a lot of reactions consistently while MB missle has a chance of landing that big combo but requires you to spend a meter hoping.

I'll take a free 12% that does its 2% in chip and a good situation over having to spend a meter.
Then dont try it on bane. If im playing bane im keeping him out with machine gun and air rockets.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
Then dont try it on bane. If im playing bane im keeping him out with machine gun and air rockets.

You can't keep him out with either since both can just be charged. Unless you are playing a terrible Bane.
Its not just him though, does MB rocket do more on block than MB minigun? Because if not, then you are wasting potential damage and positioning on the idea that the opponent might fall into your thin category of timing required to stuff their answer, if not simply banking on them not just holding down. Add on some characters can just get through it using armor, phasing, and the like and you have yourself an ineffective tech.

A tech nonetheless, but if it doesn't help you in your worst MUs and it isn't a better answers than other options for the same or less cost, then its not really a tech that's worth its weight in salt. Its interesting, sure. After something like a MB lift (which is a fast stand) it might be a viable choice because they have less time to react but all in all you'll be doing maybe 2% in chip and force yourself down a meter if the opponent has half a mind to see the missle coming. Its a slow missle at that.

GL needs as much meter as he can manage to keep consistant pressure and damage doing. Wasting a bar on something like this doesn't seem very efficient. I mean we Banes have a similar thing where we can do cross-up charges midscreen and in the corner, but we have so many other better options that as a tech it isn't as solid as it sounds. It can also, as it would be, beaten by simply holding down.

And if GL isn't rushing over to me in that scenario, holding down is the best bet since he can't do anything outside of the run-in f.3 that I can't block from a decent distance. If you are going to spend the meter and trait, you might as well MB mini-gun. You get decent damage on hit and block, push them back to a position you can work with, and open up windows to abuse your midscreen strengths.

Unless MB missle gives some godly +frames on block that'll let you trap him in.

187x

Noob
You can't keep him out with either since both can just be charged. Unless you are playing a terrible Bane.
Its not just him though, does MB rocket do more on block than MB minigun? Because if not, then you are wasting potential damage and positioning on the idea that the opponent might fall into your thin category of timing required to stuff their answer, if not simply banking on them not just holding down. Add on some characters can just get through it using armor, phasing, and the like and you have yourself an ineffective tech.

A tech nonetheless, but if it doesn't help you in your worst MUs and it isn't a better answers than other options for the same or less cost, then its not really a tech that's worth its weight in salt.
Mb rocket does 2% on crouch block. 4% on stand block. And you know how much it does on hit. And dont forget mb rocket on block your at +20. ive played a few good banes for your info

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
Mb rocket does 2% on crouch block. 4% on stand block. And if it hits you know how much it does. And dont forget mb rocket on block your at +20. ive played a few good banes before for your info

Good Banes, yet you think you can keep them out using air missles and minigun? Good, perhaps, but not great in that case.
Being +20 at that range doesn't do much for you. Not to mention you are trading guaranteed damage off of your combo and the potential for a viable reset (MB lift into this). If it only does 2% then I can't imagine it would beat out MB minigun which is much much more generous in its damage output and consistency. And "if you hit it" isn't applicable when your situation has more cases where it can fail than where it can succeed.

Fast advancing specials, anything with any kind of armor, people holding down, teleports, pretty much any super attack, did you test on dashes as well? Because I could tell you BA and Bane could just backdash on wake-up and avoid it. Then theres the whole "you have to land it at the correct timing" or you've wasted a bar for 2% that you could be getting for free. The whole "if it hits" is nifty but you should aim for consistency in your techs, otherwise they are gimmicks that aren't likely to work more than a handful of times.

You want a viable set-up into this? Try d.2 d.2xx missle in the same manner as you have it here. It'll do the same effect with a fast-standing start which is surprisingly hard to avoid. At that range, you'd still be in b.1 distance (unlike your tech) so that +20 will be handy and you'll be able to convert into combos all the same.

187x

Noob
Good Banes, yet you think you can keep them out using air missles and minigun? Good, perhaps, but not great in that case.
Being +20 at that range doesn't do much for you. Not to mention you are trading guaranteed damage off of your combo and the potential for a viable reset (MB lift into this). If it only does 2% then I can't imagine it would beat out MB minigun which is much much more generous in its damage output and consistency. And "if you hit it" isn't applicable when your situation has more cases where it can fail than where it can succeed.

Fast advancing specials, anything with any kind of armor, people holding down, teleports, pretty much any super attack, did you test on dashes as well? Because I could tell you BA and Bane could just backdash on wake-up and avoid it. Then theres the whole "you have to land it at the correct timing" or you've wasted a bar for 2% that you could be getting for free. The whole "if it hits" is nifty but you should aim for consistency in your techs, otherwise they are gimmicks that aren't likely to work more than a handful of times.

You want a viable set-up into this? Try d.2 d.2xx missle in the same manner as you have it here. It'll do the same effect with a fast-standing start which is surprisingly hard to avoid. At that range, you'd still be in b.1 distance (unlike your tech) so that +20 will be handy and you'll be able to convert into combos all the same.

Mb rocket 2-4 % on block with +20
Trait mb rocket beats wakeups and wakeups with invisbillty if timed. And laucnhed to 31-38% all because you read your opponent

Im moving on, I think I answered all your questions

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
Mb rocket 2-4 % on block with +20
Trait mb rocket beats wakeups and wakeups with invisbillty if timed. And laucnhed to 31-38% all because you read your opponent

Im moving on, I think I answered all your questions

Considering all my points disregarded those because "if timed" is an unknown variable that can't be confirmed, and beyond that is the point of there are much better options that will work better in your bad MUs and better set-ups as well, no.

You set up here gives you +20 but you are stuck outside of b.1 range, meaning you have nothing except -1 meter and the chance to use some kind of projectile or try a lift, on top of you wasting trait time on it meaning your BnB combos will be on cooldown.

Meanwhile using Minigun will provide better positioning, beat out pretty much every wake-up attempt, and will still do 20% on hit which is not too shabby all things considered. From there you can force them to tredge back in from a ways back while you have a chance to get your trait back off CD by the time they arrive. Can't be armored through, can't be invulned through (which, btw, yours can more consistently than cannot) and provides better benefits when blocked. Yours a nifty gimmick, but an inefficient one that takes more than it gives. 38% if you happen to guess correctly and the opponent doesn't? That's nice until you realize you gave up about 18-25% damage to start the thing, and by that point MB minigun will equal the damage and be the overall better option.

Mb minigun stops some teleports as well, but it still stands theres better set-ups to do this with, and even then theres overall better options using the same set-up so this is a gimmick. Your opponents don't have to respect or even pay attention to it since a good portion of the cast can eat through it with no trouble, and if they decide to block it by holding down you can't do a thing to them. You've run out of trait, down a meter, and the opponent is close enough to pressure you hard for it. There is nothing about this idea that makes it better than using MB minigun or finishing your combo, aside from the offchance it works, and even then it won't work more than once.

If you need a question to answer, here is one.
"Why should I bother using this when I can just finish my combo for the guaranteed damage?"
Because when you look at all the factors, there isn't a reason to.

If it loses to killer frost black Adam sinestro and yolo flip on wakeup, it is probably a bad idea. A variant of this is the anti bat girl method, delay the rocket a little longer and let the rocket touch the invincible wakeup, then delay the explosion. If she kart wheel smoke bombs or whatever free combo if it don't hit, don't mb it

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
Still no point when I can just do 223xxMB-rocket b.3 b.13 turbine for the same damage as I might get if it works, and that's not even using trait.

Or heck, 223 MB rocket j.2 123 lift itself does like 34% traitless.
223 MB rocket j.2 223 minigun.

All of these are only 1 bar, mind you.

If you need to do trait for whatever reason, you can do 223 MB rocket into b.13 trait lift...

223 MBR b.13 trait LM b.13 turbine
223 MBR b.13 trait LM 223 LM
223 MBR b.13 trait LM b.13 minigun

Don't even get me started on the 2-bar combos. Those are going to get around 42% minimum traitless.