What's new

Anti-Armor/Breakaway moves revealed on Kombat Kast

Aside from a pretty swaggy Fujin, a brief summary for those who didn't watch.

• One Anti-Armor/Breakaway move with different properties per character.
  • New leveling augment system will add some life to the single player game (although a bit grindy I imagine)
  • Briefly saw retrokade example of MK3 Church/Cathedral stage. (looks to be a pseudo-3rd projection of old stages, similar to what KI has)

Seems like a pretty good quality of life update overall (and we don't even know the other character specific adjustments yet either).

Also stream for Robocop and Sheeva this coming Monday!

Last edited:

Comments

I think Breakaways are going to be changed for sure. It's the mechanic that I've seen criticized the most by pro players, and even casual players TBH. It's been over a year and people are still complaining about it. If this mechanic STILL doesn't get changed after a year and in the biggest update yet, then that would be some major BS. Especially with Fujin being introduced and it looks like he could have some air combos. I've seen people talk about the insane corner carry potential from him, but if Breakways stay the same, Fujin will 100% get punished anytime he tries to do that stuff.

Maybe every character should get a Breakaway crush like Spawn, or maybe it needs to be overhauled entirely. Not really sure, but I do think something needs to change. Punishing someone then spending a bar to launch into a combo only for them to immediately Breakaway already kinda feels bad, but then the fact that sometimes they can drop and a punish you for doing certain moves mid-combo for 30% or more of your health makes it clear that this mechanic is just straight-up dumb. Why should you get punished for punishing? Like what?

I think Breakaways are going to be changed for sure. It's the mechanic that I've seen criticized the most by pro players, and even casual players TBH. It's been over a year and people are still complaining about it. If this mechanic STILL doesn't get changed after a year and in the biggest update yet, then that would be some major BS. Especially with Fujin being introduced and it looks like he could have some air combos. I've seen people talk about the insane corner carry potential from him, but if Breakways stay the same, Fujin will 100% get punished anytime he tries to do that stuff.

Maybe every character should get a Breakaway crush like Spawn, or maybe it needs to be overhauled entirely. Not really sure, but I do think something needs to change. Punishing someone then spending a bar to launch into a combo only for them to immediately Breakaway already kinda feels bad, but then the fact that sometimes they can drop and a punish you for doing certain moves mid-combo for 30% or more of your health makes it clear that this mechanic is just straight-up dumb. Why should you get punished for punishing? Like what?
I would love to see it overhauled, but my money is on the spawn anti-breakaway tech for everyone.

I would shit myself laughing and troll everyone with that.
Is it bad that I want that now?
Ha, joke's on you. You'll never be able to Fatal Blow as long as I don't get your health below 30%. Troll averted.

On Topic: I could see them making it so that Breakaway affects your meter permantly for that round somehow, similar to how a bar of defensive meter disappears for the Last Breath mechanic, really making you think twice if it's worth using the meter for breakway, stance cancels, or clutch Last Breath saves.

Last edited:
Kustom variations? Breakaway changes? Fatal Blow changes?

I would hope for Kustom variations or that Aftermath is going to release a 4th variation for every character or Breakaway now causes a 30-40 frame hkd or Fatal Blows now go away on block or whiff.

Will Nrs fix hitboxes/hurtboxes? Will fatal blows still push you into next year? Will you still break away when you’re just tryna block? Will MrArcher15 come back to the game? Find out next episode on DRAGON BALL Z

Switch stance is finally getting the buff it deserves ;)

If there is really only one meta change, I wonder if fixing breakaway is considered a meta change or or just fixing a blatantly broken feature and there's room for it and some additional new stuff.

I hope it's a KB throw the next time you land a throw on someone who constantly D1, D1, throws. :eek:

Still the most annoying thing in the game for me.

On Topic: I could see them making it so that Breakaway affects your meter permantly for that round somehow, similar to how a bar of defensive meter disappears for the Last Breath mechanic, really making you think twice if it's worth using the meter for breakway, stance cancels, or cluth Last Breath saves.
I like that idea. You still have the option of breakaway + all the pro's/con's it provides, but there is a real risk in it's use, especially early in the round.

I hope they change breakaway or at least give it another input besides down-block. I've gotten accidental breakaway so many times when i just wanted to low block. (Same input is a bad idea.) I hope they fix hitboxes and hurtboxes. I need them to fix my character's glitch where she does no damage on hit. Hopefully they address all of this.