What's new

Another Kharacter Konfirmed?

pure.Wasted

'ello baby, did you miss me?
its not the full list.. so it could have one for every character
Of course it could. But if that's true, then you must admit that it is one crazy fucking coincidence that 5/6 of the characters listed are 5/6 returning characters who were revealed in December. I can't even begin to imagine how astronomically low the odds are of that happening by chance, from a roster of 26.

Marinjuana

Up rock incoming, ETA 5 minutes
I'm thinking that it's Erron Black. The returning MKX characters will probably be Cassie Cage, D'Vorah, Kotal Kahn, and Erron Black.

There's also this achievement: "TROPHY_ID_RUN_5_MILES_IN_KRYPT"
Run mechanic confirmed, should help to get away from those shock scares

pure.Wasted

Lol. 1/20 is astronomically low odds? Right...
...we're not trying to calculate the odds of the 6th character being one of the unrevealed ones. We're trying to calculate the odds of 5/6 trophy characters being from the category of "characters revealed already," which includes only 8/26 characters. And the odds of that happening purely by chance are much, much lower than 1/20.

JBeezYBabY

Mr. Righteous
All i know is Erron Black was one of the cool characters from MKX that was a favorite. So it makes sense to bring him back. If anybody else comes back from MKX that was new would be Kotal Khan ;)

pure.Wasted

If Erron really is in, then as far as I’m concerned Kotal is 100%. You can’t bring back two of Kotal’s main lackeys but not the man himself.

It makes me wonder though... Erron’s backstory is tied to Shang Tsung. With Shang Tsung coming back, will Erron turn into his lackey instead? Or will Shang become Kotal’s new chief advisor? That would be sick.

stokedAF

casual kahnage
I think it’s Erron Black for sure. D’Vorah and Erron are keepers from the new school. I think we will see a lot more of them in the future. I don’t think it’s Ermac because Shang will take his spot and steal a few of his moves imo.

Unless it’s just a general “error” message lol

Metin

Ermac & Smoke Main
I wish it is Ermac but definetely Erron Black, no problem, Gunslinger Erron Black was my main in MKX. I am happy to see a hint like this. Roster will be hardcore, no doubt here.. Can't wait to see full roster.. btw thanks for sharing this..

Demon_0

RIP Akira Toriyama
Not a fan honestly. I would have preferred to see Kotal, D'Vorah, and Takeda from the new MKX-ers and that's it. But it seems Cassie is practically confirmed and now Black is, too. Pretty sure we will we will get Takeda, albeit DLC, leaving out only F/T, Kung Jin, and Jacqui. Seeing 5 out of 8 is too much imo. These slots could have been used for much better/more requested characters.

Lokheit

Noob
Wow, 5 miles is like 8 kilometers, that's a lot of running! Krypt must be huge.

IMO Erron, D'Vorah and Kotal were the most probable out of the Outworld crew. Reptile is probably sitting this one out after seeing his assist attack in the towers, but you need someone on Kotal side for the story parts so Erron, and probably someone else, makes sense.

So, right now we know that 100% leak lists were BS. I hope the roster size is more than 26 (counting Shao) though, so far we already got:

Announced:

- Scorpion
- Sub-Zero
- Raiden
- Sonya
- Baraka
- Skarlet
- Geras
- Kabal
- Kano
- D'Vorah
- Shao Kahn

Seen (some models might be story NPCs?):

- Liu Kang (seen in a gameplay fight)
- Kung Lao
- Cassie Cage (seen in what appears to be an intro)
- Kitana (mentioned as the rival on Cassie's intro)
- Johnny Cage

Heavily Implied:

- Noob Saibot (themed tower)
- Erron Black (achievement list)

I'm not counting Rain as I need more than the back of a character plus him being a tower assist, I still need a true confirmation for him.

If all of those are playable as suspected, that's 17 out of 26. Only 9 spots left and we still need:

- More from Kotal's court as it was heavily implied in multiple endings that Raiden is going after them and we need story fights. Erron is heavily impliead, we need Kotal and some other characters (D'Vorah at this point is probably working for Kronika after her last treachery didn't work out). I'd bet for Ermac over Reptile because of his presence as an assist attack.

- Characters from the netherealm. We already have 4 revenants (Liu Kang, Kung Lao, Kitana, Kabal) and they might be enough, but probably one or two more would be better for story battles variety. My bets here would be Smoke and/or Sindel.

- We know about 3 characters that have been mentioned multiple times as being important behind the scenes leading to MK11, one of them is included above (Noob), the other 2 are Jade and Shang Tsung.

- At least someone else from special forces: one or two of the kombat kids (Jaquie and/or Takeda) and maybe Kenshi for the adults.

- New characters?

Just that pool (Kotal Kahn, Ermac, Smoke, Sindel, Jacquie, Takeda, Kenshi, Jade, Shand Tsung) is 9 characters already and we would need spaces for new characters and other returning classics as Ed Boon mentioned something in that line.

Scyther

Mortal Kombat-phile
2 different fatalities... could this mean we will see more than 2?
I think there's a strong argument that we'll be seeing more than 2 fatalities per character, given that in the customization menu, each fatality shown had a colored tab next to it, and these colored tabs were defined as

Green = Mortal
Blue = Mythic
Purple = Elder

Which suggests a rarity tier system. And where there's a rarity system, there's bound to be a load of collectables lol

OzzFoxx

Hardcore gaming poser.
No guys, I went into the HTML and found out what it really says...

<td><span class='achievement-title'>TROPHY_ID_PERFORM_2_DIFFERENT_FATALITIES_WITH_<Failure>ERROR: "Nimbus Terrafaux" would be truncated</Failure></span></td>

The failure tag only prints the first three characters... to avoid buffer overruns.

Last edited:

mastermalone

Use only logic, please
Sonya, Sub-zero, Raiden, Skarlet, Baraka, and...... Erron Black?

One of these things is not like the others.

The character you'd expect to see there is Scorpion. Then Geras. Then Kabal. Not Erron out of the blue. Maybe it really is an ERROR. I'm fine with Erron if he's in, it's just very odd to see him on this list.

That is Erron Black. The all caps in indicative of what is called a "constant" in programming meaning that it's value will not change. In this case, there is another Boolean (true/false) value that allows this to be displayed as a trophy.

Tanno

The Fantasy is the Reality of the Mind
So the 'BAR" below the "ERR" isn't Baraka himself?

Has anyone the full list of the achievements? I wanna see a "FUJ" there.

mastermalone

Use only logic, please

<td><span class='achievement-title'>TROPHY_ID_PERFORM_2_DIFFERENT_FATALITIES_WITH_<Failure>ERR: "Nimbus Terrafaux" would be truncated</Failure></span></td>

The failure tag only prints the first three characters... to avoid buffer overruns.
I'm glad that you're kidding lol! To a front end developer like me, this HTML would not render correctly in the browser. <Failure> is not a built in HTML tag. You could create one using a web component approach but even then, you may not want to add text between it right there, but instead, use the shadow DOM.

Good stuff, though!

Lokheit

Noob

<td><span class='achievement-title'>TROPHY_ID_PERFORM_2_DIFFERENT_FATALITIES_WITH_<Failure>ERROR: "Nimbus Terrafaux" would be truncated</Failure></span></td>

That's weird, when I inspected it mentioned Hornbuckle.

OzzFoxx

Hardcore gaming poser.
I'm glad that you're kidding lol! To a front end developer like me, this HTML would not render correctly in the browser. <Failure> is not a built in HTML tag. You could create one using a web component approach but even then, you may not want to add text between it right there, but instead, use the shadow DOM.

Good stuff, though!
Lol, I'm a developer as well. I figured there was enough overlap in the MK community with developers to be called out on the <Failure> tag. Although, XHTML would allow it. Doesn't that count? I feel the true violation is considering buffer overruns in a markup language. I will now throw out a bunch of acronyms I know to show how smart I am. (I'm kidding. I won't. Please don't.)

mastermalone

Use only logic, please
Lol, I'm a developer as well. I figured there was enough overlap in the MK community with developers to be called out on the <Failure> tag. Although, XHTML would allow it. Doesn't that count? I feel the true violation is considering buffer overruns in a markup language. I will now throw out a bunch of acronyms I know to show how smart I am. (I'm kidding. I won't. Please don't.)
Since XHTML is basically XML rendered in a browser, then yes, this is fine. You are forgiven. But now as punishment, you must complete both the Matching Socks algorithm and the Merge Sort algorithm while reading Douglass Crockfords, "JavaScript, the good parts" in reverse.
;);)

DoDaMuSiC

Ermac ftw
Well if you want me to be honest. Ermac is not going to be in the roster, shang tsung more than likely got alive again by stealing all his souls. Leaving him weak and having to leave the game until Mk12 i'm predicting. Shang Tsung has to be in there though, it will not make sense for him to pass on the roster or even story. He has a to be a big role especially since he was been hinted at many Mkx endings.
I’ll have hope till i see the last spot taken :p

pure.Wasted

If all of those are playable as suspected, that's 17 out of 26. Only 9 spots left and we still need:
I like your list overall, I think it's very practical and reasonable, but I'm gonna pick a few bones.

- More from Kotal's court as it was heavily implied in multiple endings that Raiden is going after them and we need story fights. Erron is heavily impliead, we need Kotal and some other characters (D'Vorah at this point is probably working for Kronika after her last treachery didn't work out). I'd bet for Ermac over Reptile because of his presence as an assist attack.
Two points. First, I've heard that Ed Boon said that while there won't be any NPC fights (e.g. Rain, Baraka in MKX), there will be loads of NPC characters in general. This removes the "need" for Kotal Kahn to have a huge playable party as long as he's not a prominent antagonist. Most of them can be NPCs only. And it really doesn't seem like the plot will feature him heavily as an antagonist. Obviously the first "story" trailer (such as it was) could be hugely misleading, but with the ascendance of both Dark Raiden and Liu Kang/Kitana, and Kronika confirmed as final boss, it just seems like too much story already.

And secondly, even if he is a big time antagonist, I think that between Shang Tsung, Jade, Rain, plus Baraka, Skarlet, and Kano, enough of them could be made to join him that he'll have a huge faction without even needing Reptile/Ermac.

- Characters from the netherealm. We already have 4 revenants (Liu Kang, Kung Lao, Kitana, Kabal) and they might be enough, but probably one or two more would be better for story battles variety. My bets here would be Smoke and/or Sindel.
Four Revenants, plus NPCs, plus potentially one or more of Shang Tsung/D'Vorah/Noob/Jade/Revenant Baraka/Revenants from the past.

- We know about 3 characters that have been mentioned multiple times as being important behind the scenes leading to MK11, one of them is included above (Noob), the other 2 are Jade and Shang Tsung.
Err, could you elaborate?

- At least someone else from special forces: one or two of the kombat kids (Jaquie and/or Takeda) and maybe Kenshi for the adults.
Everyone is sleeping on Jax like mad. Fact is Jax hasn't missed a SINGLE GAME since he debuted. Not a SINGLE GAME. In fact he was originally supposed to be in MK1 instead of Sonya. If that doesn't qualify someone for irreplaceable OG status along with the other GOATS, I don't know what does.

I would expect one of Kenshi or Takeda to make the launch roster. Not sure which. Kenshi has more track record, Takeda has more momentum.

So, IMO, that leaves us with:

Kotal Kahn, Shang Tsung, Jax, Rain, Jade, at least one of Noob/Smoke, and one of Kenshi/Takeda.

That puts us at either 24/26 or 25/26 characters. Let's say 24/26. One of those has to be a new character. And the other one, let's get real crazy up in here and say Fujin.

Then KP1 can have Mileena, Kenshi/Takeda, and Noob, and KP2 can have Reptile, Ermac, and Reiko.

Zev

Cages_Shades from MKO
Apparently, Uncle JBeezY was checking on Reddit n things, then a thread popped up about some Steam Achievements for MK11 have been released. So I did some research and found those here https://steamdb.info/app/976310/stats/
Not to be that guy, but you made this thread at 11:37 am (Central)

this was posted at 7:02 am (central) (says the err might be erron black right on the original post)
https://www.reddit.com/r/MortalKombat/comments/anqha5/notable_mk11_steam_achievement_list/

this was posted at 10:52
https://www.reddit.com/r/MortalKombat/comments/ansp8z/steamdbinfo_hints_at_erron_black_and_a_rather/

this was posted at 11:06 (still on front page)
https://www.reddit.com/r/MortalKombat/comments/ansuxv/ed_after_realizing_erron_black_was_leaked_by_the/

You shouldn't take credit for other people's detective work

Last edited: