What's new

Anime discussion thread

Gruntypants

THE MUFFINS ARE BEEFY
I finished Baccano! two days ago, it was pretty good. I'm on episode 10 of Elfen Lied and this show is fucking jesus.

Well, I was just about to post in here asking if Elfen Lied is any good. Then I see the last post by Gruntypants saying it's fucking jesus. I suppose I'll have to watch it then, thanks -_-

I'm not huge on anime, but I absolutely love Samurai X. Can anyone suggest something similar?
Oh man, Rurouni Kenshin. Been so long since I've seen that, i'll have to rewatch it all. Heres some stuff that's fairly similar:

Samurai Champloo
Trigun
Gintama
Inuyasha
Samurai 7
Busou Renkin (made by the same guy)

Here's a list i found full of more stuff but I think those 6 would probably be your best bets
http://myanimelist.net/anime/45/Rurouni_Kenshin/userrecs

Gruntypants

THE MUFFINS ARE BEEFY
I'm watching the first season of Higurashi right now. It's good but it's kind of hard to follow with all the parallel universes and whatnot.

Gruntypants

THE MUFFINS ARE BEEFY
I finished the first season of Higurashi a while ago and it's been on hold. I've been reading the visual novel/game Katawa Shoujo and I've made it through four of the six characters stories. I'll be damned if I say that I didn't shed some manly tears atleast once so far. The character development and the emotions and the way things end up, arggh the feels, the sadness..
While I still do have two more character stories to go through, even if they ended up to be totally awful (which they won't because it seems I saved the best for last), I would not be anyway disappointed with the time spent reading this. The writing and the story telling is just so amazing, not to mention some of THE best music and the art was done amazingly well, some background scenes could easily be mistaken for an actual picture! When a group of people from 4chan with a $0 budget manage to make a perfect game that actually succeeds on giving me the feels this well... It shows were the gaming industry has gone. Their games promote us to be cold hearted bastards then a game like this comes along and bitch slaps our emotions and sense of humanity back into gear!

This game truly is a masterpiece and if you give it a try, you really won't regret it!

I finished Elfen Leid a few days ago. I was very unimpressed. The show seemed to be more about "how much blood, dismemberment, boobs, and naked 8 year olds can we fit into 1 show?" than any coherent storyline. It had a bunch of neat little nuances but on the whole I thought the story was piss poor and the show nothing special. 3/5... wasn't a complete waste of time but I certainly didn't look forward to watching the next episode each time.

PPJ

()
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
what's everyone's favorite anime? mine would probably be welcome to the nhk

DragonPick

I don't play Runescape
So... I've been watching Fairy Tail and what they have on New Toonami, recently. I like what I see. Samurai 7 is the shit

PPJ

()
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
Death Note, but I've only seen about 6 full different series so far so my sample is pretty small.
watch samurai champloo then durarara, I think you'll like those two. black lagoon is good too

ShadowBeatz

Dropper of Bass and Bombs
Has anyone seen Corpse Princess (Shikabane Hime)? I came across it on Netflix a few months ago and I watched it. I enjoyed it. LOVED the soundtrack. I feel like it's relatively unknown though, even though it is on Netflix. Curious if anyone else has seen it and how they feel about it

-Deadman-

Getting better with age
Started Rosario+Vampire because I think I've seen everything else worth seeing on Netflix (anime wise). Not exactly impressed. Found a little humor in it here and there. Hopefully something better will show up on Netflix soon.

Edit: I'll look into Corpse Princess, now that you mentioned it, ShadowBeatz

ShadowBeatz

Dropper of Bass and Bombs
Started Rosario+Vampire because I think I've seen everything else worth seeing on Netflix (anime wise). Not exactly impressed. Found a little humor in it here and there. Hopefully something better will show up on Netflix soon.

Edit: I'll look into Corpse Princess, now that you mentioned it, ShadowBeatz
Nice text bro XD

Yeah, I saw Rosario+Vampire. I liked it. Wouldn't crack a top 10 list for me or anything, but I found it enjoyable nonetheless for the comedy