What's new

Angry Joe's review

Sugarwatermixlegit

Bruce Campbell 4 MK!!!
Damn you guys really going in on this story mode
I think it’s the second best NRS story mode, I think injustice 2 tops it by a bit. Overall 8/10 is a fair score I think, even though I might personally even bump it to a 9 because sometimes the grind can sort of be fun now.

DragonofDadashov24

Let’s see whose fire burns hotter
Damn you guys really going in on this story mode
I think it’s the second best NRS story mode, I think injustice 2 tops it by a bit. Overall 8/10 is a fair score I think, even though I might personally even bump it to a 9 because sometimes the grind can sort of be fun now.
All NRS story modes were equally shit.
MK9 turned to shit towards the end, Injustice 1 was pretty solid and fucked up by the sequel. Too many holes for me to ignore

cavemold

BIG D POLE .
I thought the story mode was ok. When based off other fighting games it’s pretty decent some plot holes sure but the animations and graphics were great

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
NRS storymodes definitely aren't shit, now SF, Tekken. Those are shit....lol I mean let's be real here. I feel NRS is pretty damn good actually with story, voice acting(Ronda's performance being an exception lol) other than her they cast pretty well. The facial animations and graphics are amazing as well as the cinematics, choreography of the fights etc

But honestly, there's no perfect story mode in any game don't care what game it is. Thing is I've noticed most people who gripe about MK 9 or MK 11 have trouble following time travel or feel it's too "convoluted" for their taste but it's really not that complicated if you're familiar with Time Travel, Time bending etc. Honestly, DC and Marvel comics are wayyyy more confusing with that shit than MK honestly.

But yeah, everyone has a view no doubt on the story but overall NRS delivers good storymodes. Every other FG company at some point or another has given NRS props to redefining the storymode in a FG. I see comments all the time on SF, Tekken, DOA vids etc telling them from their fans "Do it like NRS please, take notes"

Last edited:

LawAbidingCitizen

Bomb Setups & Ball Rolls(Mileena/Cyrax)
They feel incomplete cause I do the tourney variations need are boring. They need to make them custom based, or the game will get really stale.

I actually don’t mind characters who have shorter combos, I’m enjoying playing Sub a lot and I feel like the footsies more than make up for it.
I would love custom but I really do miss longer combos and more comboability. On MkX I could combo from almost every normal. In MK11 I'm lucky to get one normal that lanches on a few characters and if your character has a launching special that you can follow up before they drop, you are golden.
It's a drastic change from previous MKs to say the least. Combos exsist but they are far shorter and moreso lackluster compared to MK9 or mkx.
I'm not saying they should be really long just maybe (normal, special, normal, special normal-ender). And the damage can be scaled to 30% max for all I care, I just want the different possibilities and in previous games I could start and end with many moves leaving my opponent at different wakeup times, I miss that the most. With certain characters I only have a few options.

I do love the game though. I'm having fun with Erron Black and others, just a few complaints about towers of time grind for the skins and gear.