What's new

Angry Joe's review

Amneoss

Knowledge is Power
I actually love AI battle. I'm kind of addicted lol.
It's M rated Pokemon, and its a side mode.

The Story is amazing. It's like a good modern action movie. It blows my mind that it's on UE3.

The game is 10/10 to me the grind is much more enjoyable now.

LawAbidingCitizen

Bomb Setups & Ball Rolls(Mileena/Cyrax)
That Angry Joe video actually surprised me. I completely agree with his grind frustrations. I also feel there could be more comboability across the cast and many characters feel incomplete but all in all I like the game.

FancyRat.Boy

Funny Little Man Who Likes Fighting Games And Jazz
I like the story too but I wish that they had more past versions of the roster where it made sense and actually had them be more impactful too the story or have them do some more fun or goofy interactions or fights, if your just going to have them hang out in the SF base at least make them have fun goofy 90s shit not even fights just little things idk and idc i dont work for NRS its there vision im just here for the fun lol

Corruption100

Plus Frame Enjoyer
I think i might have just liked the story cause i was baked lol, but i love most of the stuff in the game
i should have added i never like fighting game stories lol. and the shao parts just didnt make it better. there are issues with the offline stuff but i don't think it's near as bad as at launch. Especially now that people are finally using konsumables

FancyRat.Boy

i should have added i never like fighting game stories lol. and the shao parts just didnt make it better. there are issues with the offline stuff but i don't think it's near as bad as at launch. Especially now that people are finally using konsumables
Yea I still wish that kustom management was stored local and didnt take an hour to load in a place with shit internet, other then that most of the stuff that ticked me off day one has been fixed

Fighting part of Mortal Kombat 11 - 8/10, some characters feel unfinished and some tournament variations are just plain bad and look like noone played even 10 minutes with them. But the ones that work? OH. MY. GOD.
Always online, stupid grind unlocks (let's be completely honest here, this only exist so they can try and squeeze some extra $$$ out of desperate or otherwise impatient people - always online in a FIGHTING GAME locking you out of majority of the game is fucking preposterous... I hope that they will crack the game, mod the living shit out of it so it's playable offline, like every game out of multiplayer mode should be), lack of team tag, borked local versus, desync on PC - easily drops the score to 4/10 in my book. Towers of time is konsumable fest noone ever asked for - some fights are so stupid that you can win ONLY by spamming consumables (anyone tried random Kitana's ToT with Arcane Charisma modifier? That shit is straight out dumb - it extends frames of all your actions x15 or so, as soon as she's in your face you might as well restart because before you touch the ground again there won't be any HP left)

Story is a bit dumb but it's nicely presented, I would say it's the best campaing in fighting games but I would lie if I've said I've finished many of these...

Last edited:

FancyRat.Boy

Fighting part of Mortal Kombat 11 - 9/10
Always online, stupid grind unlocks, lack of team tag, borked local versus, desync on PC - easily drops the score to 4/10 in my book. Story is a bit dumb but it's nicely presented, I would say it's the best campaing in fighting games but I would lie if I've said I've finished many of these...
i mean you can play offline i bring my ps4 to the local community center and me and the boys game all afternoon with no wifi we just play and we have fun i do wish that they would share local inventory for no name profiles but other then that what i look for in a fighting game is there, the endgame stuff is endgame and is extras to add on to as the game progresses the basics are all there though and its fun tbh.

EDIT: also wish for more tot slots but thats just extra

Law Hero

There is a head on a pole behind you
In the CURRENT STATE of the game, it's a fair score and review. I expected lower, but I can get behind his rating.

If he had done a day-1 review, I imagine it would have been much lower. Shame that nowadays you can't judge a game until at least 2 weeks after release.

LawAbidingCitizen

Bomb Setups & Ball Rolls(Mileena/Cyrax)
I love what they did with the characters being more toned down than previous MKs but I do wish there was longer combos nothing crazy just more combo freedom.
The whole grind on ToT and Krypt and Forging feels like too many hoops to jump through when it could have been straight forward. Like a character tower that let's you select your favorite skin and you have to do the entire tower to get it would be great. The part where I have to go to Krypt for half of them and towers for other half is absurd and then I have to hop back and forth to get what I need. The gear and augments requiring more hoops is also dumb.
Since some of it is RNG is kinda B's but mostly I hate that for every account and guest on my Xbox I need to grind all over again just to get halfway decent skins.
Great game otherwise.
We need a balance patch to slightly tone a few characters and buff some to help them compete. Krushing Blows need adjusted on ones that have lackluster damage and some that have way too much not to mention some have rediculous requirements.
Once we get patches I'm betting the game will feel complete but I really don't want to go through the Krypt and every Tower of Time again just to get a skin for my brother or guests and I just think player one should share skins with guest account. Then will I have to buy Kombat Pack twice just to be able to play local with my brother for both of us using DLC?

Vslayer

Juiced Moose On The Loose
Lead Moderator
That Angry Joe video actually surprised me. I completely agree with his grind frustrations. I also feel there could be more comboability across the cast and many characters feel incomplete but all in all I like the game.
They feel incomplete cause I do the tourney variations need are boring. They need to make them custom based, or the game will get really stale.

I actually don’t mind characters who have shorter combos, I’m enjoying playing Sub a lot and I feel like the footsies more than make up for it.

Amneoss

Knowledge is Power
Him going against the special forces was dumb as fuck.
Why?
It made sense. He hated how things had turned out. When Raiden finally warned him that Kronika wasn't being completely honest he listened. Keep in mind everyone kind of abandoned Jax when he PTSD. Yet, at the end of the day he was there for them. Both in X and 11.

cavemold

BIG D POLE .
i beat the krypt opened everyhting it took less than month with just semi hardocre grinding. I dont think the grinding is all that bad.

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
Story definitely isn't dumb, it's not MK 9 but still better than MK X's predictable storymode. Grind is annoying, I actually find myself agreeing with Angry Joe more than not for once in terms of the game itself. Everyone in general be it casuals, reviewers, majority of people on here don't like the randomized, grindy bs system. They need to go back to MK Deception or MK 9 Krypt roots and not make it so ridiculously hard and daunting that you want to punch something putting in hours, days, weeks, months, years, eons grinding to get a damn outfit you really want lol.

But yeah, he actually rated it higher than I thought he would. I pretty much agree with Jeremy Jahn's review of it. WB sent him a copy and he is also a fan of MK, plays the games etc. I believe he was at the MK 11 reveal event too and I2's as well.

And a funny vid, Angry Joe vs. Jeremy Jahns in MK 11