What's new

Video/Tutorial Ando1184's Anti-Top Tier Tech

ando1184

Noob
The Kung Lao 112124 string is good, but am I wrong in thinking you can easily eat shit for trying to get through F23 and 44? If they go F2xxHatSpin, or F21xxHatSpin, you've just opened yourself up on block right since the only thing you are reacting to is the F2? Same story with 4xxHatSpin?
Yes that is true but I was showing examples of what I've seen players do and how to deal with that particular string. 44 is actually react able and you don't have to commit until you see him constantly spinning, as is f21 hatspin. There's more time in the window than ya think.

ando1184

Noob
You can also armor through KL's hat spin or back dash whenever someone tries to end a string in it.
Yes but if KL does EX Hat Spin he recovers fast enough to block and that would blow up your armored attempt. If you back dash, yes it could work but not everyone has a good back dash. So what might end up happening is KL will B3 again and it could cause serious problems for characters with bad back dashes.

Justice

Noob
Awesome vid man! I was hoping for some anti-Dvorah tech since I go to the same locals as @HoneyBee but this will be immensely helpful.

PS. Commentary not that bad.

ando1184

Noob
they should really patch that whiffing 2 on lao, the string already starts high anyways.
No they shouldn't, he should not be the one character that has it all man come on. This isn't anything broken either, nor is it the easiest to execute. So there's no reason they should patch it, especially since this is a universal strat vs him.

@Justice, thanks and yeh I will get to D'vorah soon. I'm curious to see what can get around her pressure and mixups.

Invincible Salads

Seeker of knowledge
No they shouldn't, he should not be the one character that has it all man come on. This isn't anything broken either, nor is it the easiest to execute. So there's no reason they should patch it, especially since this is a universal strat vs him.

@Justice, thanks and yeh I will get to D'vorah soon. I'm curious to see what can get around her pressure and mixups.
so this doesnt hurt his pressure that much?

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
so this doesnt hurt his pressure that much?
Damn near the whole cast has some sort of hitbox issue in a string or multiple strings. Tanya for example can throw a mid hitting EX Tonfa that floats over many characters head. Just because people aren't punishing is why she gets away with it.

Just like Lao. He's getting away with it because people aren't punishing. There are a lot more characters I'd fix their hitbox issues before I got to Kung Lao's.

ando1184

Noob
well i hope they try to fix some of them :T
Yeh I agree, I know Cassie and a lot of others have beneficial hitbox issues but that's just something they can do only so much about. I wish it was more consistent as well but characters like Kung Lao (having all the tools he has) needs a dent or rust in his armor somewhere....

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.

I don't know . . .For me that feels like a weird inconsistency than just a frame gap. Plus having to stagger 11 and 11212 seems hella weird and in no way good. Still he is a powerful character and I'm sure he could get that string off numerous times in a match still. To me it might be one of those wait and see things.

netherrealm games seem to have a lot of weird hitbox issues. i wonder why.
Because MKx did something weird with their hitboxes and hurtboxes that really shouldn't be THIS much of a problem anymore. We need static hurtboxes and what looks to be large enough hitboxes. IDK exactly how they did theirs but whatever it is just ain't working and I hope he it changes. If not for this game then for injustice 2.

4x4lo8o

Noob
Does the Kung Lao thing with 11212 work with characters like Goro? I know Takeda has something similar that Goro is too big to take advantage of

ando1184

Noob
Does the Kung Lao thing with 11212 work with characters like Goro? I know Takeda has something similar that Goro is too big to take advantage of
I did not try this with goro but I did with Kotal Kahn and Kotal could back dash just fine from this. I can't test right now but I will try goro later and reply back when I find out.

good post, good vid i liked them both. but the thing is this is not something new, you can find most of them in frame data and react to them, and most of them are not a bug just created to be this way. (i think) (this is second day, that i think this is most technical nrs game ever made)

Last edited:

MrSoloLobo

I have a keen eye for all things broken.
Yeh I agree, I know Cassie and a lot of others have beneficial hitbox issues but that's just something they can do only so much about. I wish it was more consistent as well but characters like Kung Lao (having all the tools he has) needs a dent or rust in his armor somewhere....
Not just saying this cause I main Cassie but I think it's cool some characters benefit from smaller hitboxes. I think of it kinda like one of the character's good tools. But then I start thinking if Cassie really needs to have stuff whiff on her since she is pretty good already.

The_Tile

Your hole is mine!
Just an FYI, if Quan has Puggles out he can make every single gap he has safe and convert every one of your armor attempts into a full combo if he reads you're gonna try to armor. Apart from that good job man!