What's new

Analog or Dpad?

Analog or Dpad?

• Total voters
I use an Arcade stick from Ed.

I started using it, liked it, never turned back, period.

Everything I did on the Xbox360 pad is now x100 better on the stick.

This includes: Kung lao infinite variations, reptile whiff dash combos done 6 online before (hphp,hphp,hphp,hphp,lplp,lplp) and many combos in general.

Plus, an exact button layout from the arcade is just... incredible, no more namco stick! lol

Tim Static

Adminerator
Thats MAdCatz/Gamestop controller has a good D-pad, but it isnt as good as the HORI pad that Phil uses, nor the DS Lite for that matter, but its a little small.

I'd use the xbox d-pad before the ds dpad. I like the ds lite dpad too...but it's not as good for me as the xbox360 cause I can pull all of kungs infs easily with the xbox dpad... and spinning is soo much harder on the ds lite dpad...

and an arcade stick for that matter! i've had problems getting the spin jp whiff spin to work, i can pull off the no damage protect version sometimes with it tho.

Tim Static

Adminerator
I'd use the xbox d-pad before the ds dpad. I like the ds lite dpad too...but it's not as good for me as the xbox360 cause I can pull all of kungs infs easily with the xbox dpad... and spinning is soo much harder on the ds lite dpad...
its the exact opposite for me. The 360 pad has hindered my play long enough, I start to get used to it and I get my stick. Plus I play the DS TOO much offline. :(

yeah...don't play your DS offline, I stopped playing mine...a month ago that shit makes you forget how to play real arcade UMK...it makes you think you can play fast as fuck.

which doesn't work...

Tim Static

Adminerator
yup. :(

But its the only handheld game I play!

The Midway Arcade Treasures did the same thin to me with MK3.

MK3 is obsolete for the most part, but it was the closet thing I had to playing UMK3.

fucking suck fest :(

Not very good from the joy-stick. But my style is WAAAY! Dif from my D-padding. I play like ded_ kinda. And I've Heard ReppyMCTilexxx A.K.A Reppyxxx Uses both. He said he switches =/ kinda awkward.

Tim Static

Adminerator
Man, I have been using my stick on mame exclusively (offline, of course) and man, its making me feel like the Hulk, lol.

I think I am done w/ MK on 360/PS3 for awhile (except league stuff). Offline is so much better.

Droopy

Noob
I do too. My thumb is too big for the dpad. Analog feels smoother, especially with moves like nightwolfs axe or sub's freeze.

MaDWaK

Noob
I use the analog. I dont see why you guys are talkin about its hard to do forceballs and stuff ( I read that on the first page.) Its not too hard to get forceballs at all. or maybe thats just me. Also its easier to get ermacs grav lift and kungs spin on analog, and ninjas telepunches, sektors smart missle, or any other movement that has down and back or forward.

Im not too worried whenever I get a hold of a stick for MK. I havent played an MK style stick but Ive been playin stick for every other fighter I own. not too hard. I can Imagine my Kano bein beasty on a stick, same with my Liu Kang.

I still am best on an actual arcade stick (which is why I built my MAME cabinet), and the analog stick is the closest thing to it, so I guess that's why I am better on it.