An idea for a program to help with Injustice matchup strategy

So, watcha think?

• Bad idea

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • This wouldn't be very useful to me

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
So I'm pretty bored at work, and I got an idea that I figure I can actually finish in one or two days. It would be a program that I think may greatly help players learn strategies for each character.

I'd like to know if this program would be something players on here would find useful, and would like to give input into the development. This is basically only something I'll do if people will find it useful, otherwise I won't bother, so please let me know if you'd like to see this happen.

The program would actually be pretty simple. You could select any two characters when you wish to study a matchup. Then select a move from your character, and it will automatically tell you what options both you and the opponent have on either hit or miss, based on the frame data. Variables such as distance between the characters can also be set to give a more specific view of what options each character has.

The program might tell you something like, after character “A” hits character “B” with move “Y”, character “A” will then have enough frame advantage to hit character “B” with move “X” afterwards, given character “B” responds with move “W”. Certain variables would actually be lists of moves that fall into the same category of a move that would win or lose against the given move.

So yeah, basically the program will be a very fast way, even faster than just going into practice mode, of giving you an idea of how the “what if...” situations play out, especially since it would be able to parse through the data and give an automatic list.

Of course, we can always do this ourselves, but given the game has a large roster of characters, it will be helpful to make it easier to study a diverse range of matchups with a tool like this.

So, what do you think TYM ?

insomnia_ftw

It's simple.. We normalize the superman.
You would need to know all the correct frame data yourself in order to program this. Do we have correct frame data for everything?

Also, just out of curiosity, what programming language would you use?

You would need to know all the correct frame data yourself in order to program this. Do we have correct frame data?

Also, just out of curiosity, what programming language would you use?
I would start with the frame data from the game's practice mode, which I know is not always correct, but I'll always be able to edit and make any corrections the community finds. The program would just read the frame data from a plain text CSV file. Open it in MS Excel or Libre Office and anyone can put in their own corrections.

My language of choice is Perl. Maybe Python, if I wanted it to have a prettier GUI, since Python works better with WxWidgets (my favorite GUI framework.)

You could do this easily with excel, no real need to program other than a macro or two.
The program might tell you something like, after character “A” hits character “B” with move “Y”, character “A” will then have enough frame advantage to hit character “B” with move “X” afterwards, given character “B” responds with move “W”.

There are six variables in that one example, not taking into account distance between the characters... also, the output isn't a list of variables, but a list of associative lists.

Given that it doesn't make a simple comparison, but actually generates a number of conditional comparisons resulting from output of the first comparison, it would certainly take more than a few mere macros on excel, and it wouldn't be easy.

Well. Let me put it this way, you can do it with 2 macros in excel. I have done it before for UMVC3. And I found it easy.

:)

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
I already have two punishment guides going in the Raven and Catwoman forums, if that helps at all.

Now that I think about it this would make those obsolete. Oh well lol

I already have two punishment guides going in the Raven and Catwoman forums, if that helps at all.

Now that I think about it this would make those obsolete. Oh well lol
Thank you. That will actually help as a way to test if the output of the program holds up to actual testing.