What's new

Match-up Discussion An argument: Cyrax advantage vs Kenshi

Rokinlobster

Nightwolf of the galaxy
Cyrax has no answer for D1 shoulder on block, so Kenshi can pretty much mash it during Cyraxs offense.
At neutral frames its a free escape, if some1 tried to cross Kenshi over, they just get D1 shoulder AA'd

I think everyone can duck the 4 and full combo punish 334 too
Kenshi and Freddy are the two characters that can not crouch the 4, which I think alone is a huge advantage cyrax has that he doesnt have against the rest of the cast. Granted he can just let the 4 hit him, he takes like 5 percent damage and is back full screen.

Axel_Redd

Vampire Jesus....he wants YOUR blood now!!
Kenshi loses to lao n kabal, exactly what miracle tech for kenshi changes this?

A F0xy Grampa

Problem X Promotions
Kenshi and Freddy are the two characters that can not crouch the 4, which I think alone is a huge advantage cyrax has that he doesnt have against the rest of the cast. Granted he can just let the 4 hit him, he takes like 5 percent damage and is back full screen.
Pushback is too much anyway, everyone can neutral crouch cyraxs strings at the beginning, Kenshi doesnt really have to respect the guess game after 334 on block because Cyrax players are near enough forced to D1 to keep any advantage, and +1 gets you nowhere vs Kenshi. Add in the fact that Cyrax cant really whiff punish low pokes very well, and you've got a problem staying in on Kenshi.
He'd have to start doing stuff like shooting out nets close range. Basically 334 isn't gonna stop Kenshi from being Kenshi.

Rokinlobster

Nightwolf of the galaxy
Pushback is too much anyway, everyone can neutral crouch cyraxs strings at the beginning, Kenshi doesnt really have to respect the guess game after 334 on block because Cyrax players are near enough forced to D1 to keep any advantage, and +1 gets you nowhere vs Kenshi. Add in the fact that Cyrax cant really whiff punish low pokes very well, and you've got a problem staying in on Kenshi.
He'd have to start doing stuff like shooting out nets close range. Basically 334 isn't gonna stop Kenshi from being Kenshi.
Yeah by the time you dash to do the next 334 you have already lost that +5 anyways. And if kenshi just blocks the follow up d1 and can punish with shoulder.

A F0xy Grampa

Problem X Promotions
Yeah by the time you dash to do the next 334 you have already lost that +5 anyways. And if kenshi just blocks the follow up d1 and can punish with shoulder.
Yeah its something I think is exceptionally stupid about him. D1 shoulder just ruins so many characters rushdown.

Both moves give pushback, and the shoulder makes the D1 safer and is basically uninteruptable

PND_Mustard

"More stealthful than the night"
Premium Supporter
Yeah its something I think is exceptionally stupid about him. D1 shoulder just ruins so many characters rushdown.

Both moves give pushback, and the shoulder makes the D1 safer and is basically uninteruptable
You and I need to have some more extended Kenshi/Cyrax sets, i feel we've played this a lot, but i still don't feel i've fought your kenshi enough to have a decisive opinion on this MU.

Slips

Feared by dragons. Desired by virgins.
Sigh, Pig has spoken. Time for me to level up. I hate it when Slips is right (even though I can count that on 1 hand.)

Just for that I am going to have to school Slips in the art of him losing more in a 7-3 MU tonight. Hopefully he doesn't pull a classic slips and "forget" to bring his controller again.
lol says the guy who can't even beat Scorpion with Cage or Kenshi. What can I say? Your runabouts with Sheeva parlor tricks and shenanigans are harder to deal with than your actual gameplay.