What's new

Am I the only one who likes MKT on N64 more than PS?

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
I prefer the keyboard, as it is my best method of playing. It's a matter of dexterity. Some people say they can't use gamepad, some say they can't use stick, most say they can't use a keyboard, so chances are, if it's difficult for many people to use, then the ones who can use it should take advantage of it. Basically you're just limiting yourself if you aren't willing to learn how to use another option that might result in better peformance. I settle for a stick and like the traditional stand up arcade gaming scenario because that is the default method of playing most of the MK games, but if the keyboard is an option, I'll take that over anything. I learned how to use a keyboard for MK games going back to MKII's release on PC, and then MK3 even more so, which is when I started using the configuration I use now. MKT on PC as well.

Ninja

Banned
ÐarkMoon said:
I Only Play MK Games said:
playing with a keyboard must be hard
Playing with a keyboard is easy. Have you not ever heard of controllers for your computer??????

how dumb.

I use a ps2 controller on my computer n00b.
okay nerd

Ninja

Banned
Shock said:
I prefer the keyboard, as it is my best method of playing. It's a matter of dexterity. Some people say they can't use gamepad, some say they can't use stick, most say they can't use a keyboard, so chances are, if it's difficult for many people to use, then the ones who can use it should take advantage of it. Basically you're just limiting yourself if you aren't willing to learn how to use another option that might result in better peformance. I settle for a stick and like the traditional stand up arcade gaming scenario because that is the default method of playing most of the MK games, but if the keyboard is an option, I'll take that over anything. I learned how to use a keyboard for MK games going back to MKII's release on PC, and then MK3 even more so, which is when I started using the configuration I use now. MKT on PC as well.

joystick ftw :twisted:

dreemernj

Ambassador
Keyboard only seems like cheating cause it's so far superior, lol.

It might be cheating if you could hold away and forward or something crazy like that, but the MK games availabe for PC (PC MKT and the 2D MKs via MAME) all use the correct input logic. You cannot press back and forward or up and down at the same time. They cancel each other out.

Also, 99% of keyboards out there suck. You actually have to look around to find a good one. Lag, button locking and ghosting, they ruin it. But if you find a good keyboard, it's heavenly.

I've got an old IBM keyboard that has a 7 button limit, my laptop has a 6 button limit, I have a logitech USB keyboard with a 6 button limit, and I have my Razer Tarantula with a 10 button limit and 1khz polling rate. They are all a lot of fun to play fighting games on.

Tim Static

Adminerator
I still cant get over using a key board for MK. It just sounds so foreign to me, its scarey.

An no I have never done it, so that is why.

Ninja

Banned
dreemernj said:
Keyboard only seems like cheating cause it's so far superior, lol.

It might be cheating if you could hold away and forward or something crazy like that, but the MK games availabe for PC (PC MKT and the 2D MKs via MAME) all use the correct input logic. You cannot press back and forward or up and down at the same time. They cancel each other out.

Also, 99% of keyboards out there suck. You actually have to look around to find a good one. Lag, button locking and ghosting, they ruin it. But if you find a good keyboard, it's heavenly.

I've got an old IBM keyboard that has a 7 button limit, my laptop has a 6 button limit, I have a logitech USB keyboard with a 6 button limit, and I have my Razer Tarantula with a 10 button limit and 1khz polling rate. They are all a lot of fun to play fighting games on.
i see why the keyboard is better than the controller but i'd never use anything but a controller

i do agree tho

pc fps > console fps

so keyboard wins :D

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
The keyboard makes it a lot easier to do ducking specials. It's possible to do in the arcade but the keyboard it's extremely easy. I don't think I've found a gamepad that can ducking specials too well.

Houzi

Noob
I train almost every day on the N64. I just get 2 controllers and practice combos on the *dummy* character and just keep doing that all day until I get tired or need food.