What's new

Strategy - Kobu Jutsu All the Chip Damage in the World!!

Rip Torn

ALL I HAVE IS THE GREEN.
Ducking the tonfa on the way back doesnt work against every string. So it needs to be explored a bit more. Maybe it's character specific too.
Not only is it character specific AND string specific, it's also location specific (meaning corner vs midscreen).

I tested both f2~ex tonfa toss and b1~ex tonfa toss and here are the results concerning the second hit of ex tonfa toss:

Shinnok - f2 always whiffs everywhere, b1 whiffs about 75% of the time everywhere.
Kung Lao - f2 and b1 work everywhere.
Sonya - f2 whiffs about 80% of the time midscreen, always in the corner. b1 whiffs 50% of the time midscreen, only whiffs point blank in the corner.
Scorpion - f2 always whiffs, but b1 ex tonfa hits about 75% of the time everywhere.
Sub Zero - both randomly whiff but f2 ex tonfa can always be ducked in the corner while b1 ex tonfa randomly whiffs.
Mileena - both methods randomly whiff about 66% of the time, f2 method always whiffs in the corner.
Cassie - both methods work like 95% of the time!
Jacqui - f2 always hits midscreen but always whiffs in corner, b1 whiffs about 50% of the time anywhere.
Kung Jin - f2 hits about 80% of the time, b1 always works midscreen, about 95% in the corner
Kano - f2 hits about 85% of the time midscreen, always whiffs in the corner, b1 works about 99% of the time midscreen and always works in the corner.
Reptile - f2 whiffs 85% of the time midscreen, always whiffs in the corner. b1 whiffs about 70% of the time everywhere.
D'Vorah - f2 always whiffs everywhere, b1 whiffs about 60% of the time midscreen, always whiffs point blank in the corner, but never whiffs from a half step back.
Tanya - both versions whiff about 50% of the time everywhere

Everyone else it should work 100%. I tested b1 because the second hit is an overhead, forcing them to stand block and giving them very little time to crouch block the first hit. Somebody could test the 34 string if they feel like it...

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
Ducking the tonfa on the way back doesnt work against every string. So it needs to be explored a bit more. Maybe it's character specific too.
Backdashing after the first hit works with every character.

As said before, this is not guaranteed unless it is in the corner. Plus you should use b1 2+4 instead because ti builds more meter and does more chip.

Rip Torn

ALL I HAVE IS THE GREEN.
Backdashing after the first hit works with every character.
Are you sure?

As said before, this is not guaranteed unless it is in the corner. Plus you should use b1 2+4 instead because ti builds more meter and does more chip.
Actually, that introduces a gap between the 2+4 and first hit of ex tonfa toss so they can armor/backdash/neutral duck the first hit of ex tonfa toss and punish.

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
Are you sure?

Actually, that introduces a gap between the 2+4 and first hit of ex tonfa toss so they can armor/backdash/neutral duck the first hit of ex tonfa toss and punish.
Maybe not Jason but most characters can backdash.

It's character dependent. Some characters it's actually guaranteed, some it works 33% of the time, others 50%, others 90%... It has to do with breathing hurtboxes (Shoutouts to NRS).

If you duck block the first hit of ex tonfa toss, then you can neutral duck the second hit. However, Kung Lao is one of the characters that it randomly jails on about 50% of the time (maybe more). So, yes you can abuse this against like half the cast, but not most of the females and ninjas.

@STB Dragon made a thread about this but I can't find it anymore...
I have found the trick at when using Kung Lao you can duck the damn thing but you have to low block the hit
It's character dependent. Some characters it's actually guaranteed, some it works 33% of the time, others 50%, others 90%... It has to do with breathing hurtboxes (Shoutouts to NRS).

If you duck block the first hit of ex tonfa toss, then you can neutral duck the second hit. However, Kung Lao is one of the characters that it randomly jails on about 50% of the time (maybe more). So, yes you can abuse this against like half the cast, but not most of the females and ninjas.

@STB Dragon made a thread about this but I can't find it anymore...
Nah It's not character specific, I just found out what's going on exactly with Tanya tofan toss. I just leveled up thanks to this thread and honestly it's either 100% of the time or 0% of the time, I was mistaken but so was @STB Dragon :)

Not only is it character specific AND string specific, it's also location specific (meaning corner vs midscreen).

I tested both f2~ex tonfa toss and b1~ex tonfa toss and here are the results concerning the second hit of ex tonfa toss:

Shinnok - f2 always whiffs everywhere, b1 whiffs about 75% of the time everywhere.
Kung Lao - f2 and b1 work everywhere.
Sonya - f2 whiffs about 80% of the time midscreen, always in the corner. b1 whiffs 50% of the time midscreen, only whiffs point blank in the corner.
Scorpion - f2 always whiffs, but b1 ex tonfa hits about 75% of the time everywhere.
Sub Zero - both randomly whiff but f2 ex tonfa can always be ducked in the corner while b1 ex tonfa randomly whiffs.
Mileena - both methods randomly whiff about 66% of the time, f2 method always whiffs in the corner.
Cassie - both methods work like 95% of the time!
Jacqui - f2 always hits midscreen but always whiffs in corner, b1 whiffs about 50% of the time anywhere.
Kung Jin - f2 hits about 80% of the time, b1 always works midscreen, about 95% in the corner
Kano - f2 hits about 85% of the time midscreen, always whiffs in the corner, b1 works about 99% of the time midscreen and always works in the corner.
Reptile - f2 whiffs 85% of the time midscreen, always whiffs in the corner. b1 whiffs about 70% of the time everywhere.
D'Vorah - f2 always whiffs everywhere, b1 whiffs about 60% of the time midscreen, always whiffs point blank in the corner, but never whiffs from a half step back.
Tanya - both versions whiff about 50% of the time everywhere

Everyone else it should work 100%. I tested b1 because the second hit is an overhead, forcing them to stand block and giving them very little time to crouch block the first hit. Somebody could test the 34 string if they feel like it...
b1 doesn't work on some character I guess it's because of the hurtbox on them but it's eaither 100% of the time or 0% and b1, f2, 112, 34 none work on KL 100% but since you all love to contradict me all the time you're gonna have to find out on your own :DOGE

Awkward Sloth

Lamest Harley, still better sloth than Jer
Can we talk about how Tanya is the most character specific knowledge character in the game?

She has stance specific combos
Big body only combos

Tech that is female only, certain characters only, ducking only ect.

I mean where are our props for using such a knowledge extensive character ?

Dragon_FGC

Knowledge is power
that's not a true blocking string, I'm sorry but you can't duck it if they do 112, or 34, or B1 instead of B12 or anything that's a true block string
Yeah the purpose of the post was to show what whiffs. 112, 34, b1 ex tanfa throw still does whiff.

Dragon_FGC

Knowledge is power
I have found the trick at when using Kung Lao you can duck the damn thing but you have to low block the hit

Nah It's not character specific, I just found out what's going on exactly with Tanya tofan toss. I just leveled up thanks to this thread and honestly it's either 100% of the time or 0% of the time, I was mistaken but so was @STB Dragon :)
Can you explain, I'm almost 100% sure its character specific because of certain characters hitboxes. But I would love to know if I'm wrong :).

Dinosaur

Data Collecting
Can we talk about how Tanya is the most character specific knowledge character in the game?

She has stance specific combos
Big body only combos

Tech that is female only, certain characters only, ducking only ect.

I mean where are our props for using such a knowledge extensive character ?