What's new

All Skarlet buff and debuff move descriptions

HeavyNorse

#BlackLivesMatter
The lore about blood magic as established in the MKX comics states that you need a Kamidogu to be able to use it. However, they might've retconned how blood magic works in MK11.

For example, in MK11 Skarlet states that the blood magic she has was a gift from Shao Kahn, when in the MKX comics it is something she learns from Havik alongside Reiko. And it is also mentioned that the first to master blood magic was Nitara.

That said, since Shao Kahn was able to create Skarlet from the blood of countless warriors to begin with, it does sound like he knew blood magic as well. But again, since Skarlet definitely seems different than we've seen her in the past, NRS might've retconned her entire character.

We just have to wait and see, really.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
The lore about blood magic as established in the MKX comics states that you need a Kamidogu to be able to use it. However, they might've retconned how blood magic works in MK11.

For example, in MK11 Skarlet states that the blood magic she has was a gift from Shao Kahn, when in the MKX comics it is something she learns from Havik alongside Reiko. And it is also mentioned that the first to master blood magic was Nitara.

That said, since Shao Kahn was able to create Skarlet from the blood of countless warriors to begin with, it does sound like he knew blood magic as well. But again, since Skarlet definitely seems different than we've seen her in the past, NRS might've retconned her entire character.

We just have to wait and see, really.
My speculation is, she learned from Shao Kahn, but then expanded the knowledge on it by the time spent with Reiko and Havik, and i think by events of MK11 she may have mastered.

She even says in one of her intros that her Blood Magic power has gone array, though i'm not exactly sure what this means, it sounds like she is saying it has reached a certain peak where she is considered a force to be recon with, this is why i think her status was updated to Blood Mage.

Considering the things she can do now with it.
Create weapons out of it and sharpened enough to cut through skin and concrete.
Identify a person's race just by sensing their blood nearby (identifies Sub-Zero is a cryomancer)
Draw blood from open wounds and draw it at faster rates, compared to MK9 where she absorbs it from skin, but at slower rates.
Absobring blood from specific parts of her body which reduces her necessity of being uncovered so she could absorb it from Skin.
Instant Regeneration (Skarlet constantly hurts herself in some moves and just keeps regenerating)