What's new

All PSN Player Stats Reset

SunnyD

24 Low Hat!
Holy shit.

...I mean, granted, my record sucked, but still.

How did this happen? Is it widespread confirmed?
I went to the biggest lobby in the game. 70 player all had less than 10 games played, about half had 0 wins 0 losses.

Also, i played about 7 or 8 matches, switched games, went back, and my record was reset AGAIN. So its not only widespread but a recurring reset of stats.

Odoyle

Drops combos
I had a Ranked record of approximately 1200-115 and then I started getting losses when people would D/C (Session is no longer available) on me for the past couple weeks. At that point I stopped caring about my record at all (not that it mattered but it was neat to show my friends). Hopefully they fixed that but it would be crappy for the people who had like 7000 wins haha. For some reason I bet it's just temporary though.

SunnyD

24 Low Hat!
Now everyone will think you are a Noob... go forth and kick some ass.
Haha thats what occured to me about 2 minutes in. But the thing is is that EVERYONE looks like a noob, so there isnt really and discrimination between records yet.
Plus my internets on the fritz again. I need a new router...

Espio

Kokomo
Good and I hope it stays that way, people should just play the game, I don't care to see the records of my opponent, I just want to play and have fun.

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
Good and I hope it stays that way, people should just play the game, I don't care to see the records of my opponent, I just want to play and have fun.
Honestly...I feel the same way.
I mean, it sucks for the people who actually care about their stats, but I'd like Online a lot better if I didnt have to worry about it at all and I could just go forth and go to war. Do a ranking system like Tekken or Marvel where you go by degrees or Dan statuses or something. Numbers are for Umizoomis being fired into the sun on a rocket.

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
I mean, it sucks for the people who actually care about their stats, but I'd like Online a lot better if I didnt have to worry about it at all and I could just go forth and go to war. Do a ranking system like Tekken or Marvel where you go by degrees or Dan statuses or something. Numbers are for Umizoomis being fired into the sun on a rocket.
What about people who don't really want to play against players who are really below them skill wise or way above them skill wise? I like to look for people with the lopsided win/loss records (like 8000/400) b/c generally (disregarded the boosters) those are the better players... I want to get better by playing them. Not worse by playing not so good players.

Espio

Kokomo
I can understand if people worry about records because they don't want to be declined for not having a stellar record, but the lengths people go to maintain their record( pulling, green player fishing etc.) is taking it too far.

I like Tekken's sysyem, especially for player matches that you pick your character prior to seeing who your opponent has, so there's no counter picking, you just pick your character, I love that about Tekken( I use Zafina, Raven, and Leo).

I hate being counterpicked with Raiden or Kenshi almost every time I pick Jade or Stryker lol....online lag with Raiden's teleport:(

Briyen

Noob
kinda sad you guys rag on them, i mean that's what they enjoy, as long as they don't brag about it all the time (which i dont see much on this site) more power to them, sucks their hard work went away :(

Espio

Kokomo
kinda sad you guys rag on them, i mean that's what they enjoy, as long as they don't brag about it all the time (which i dont see much on this site) more power to them, sucks their hard work went away :(
Nobody is ragging on people who worry about their stats. I've played several stat padders online who were very rude and nasty to me when I beat them (for no reason).

I cared about stats once upon a time, I just don't like the rage quitting, record padding, and other shenanigans that are influenced by public record displays.

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
What about people who don't really want to play against players who are really below them skill wise or way above them skill wise? I like to look for people with the lopsided win/loss records (like 8000/400) b/c generally (disregarded the boosters) those are the better players... I want to get better by playing them. Not worse by playing not so good players.
No, you're totally right, but what I mean is that if they implemented a Dan or a 6'th/7'th/8'th Belt system, something to that effect, you'd be chasing a ranking instead of just pure numbers. Like, if somebody's 4000W/5000L, and they're a really solid player but they don't always play out of total seriousness, they like to troll or test out new characters - basically, they know how to win, but dont give a shit about losing - they can still have a ranking that befits their skill without being misjudged as a lesser player because of their losses.
It still wouldn't do much to put off shady tactics, but I think it's a way better plan than just a plain W/L ratio. Hell, at least a good 100-200 of my losses online were from before I even knew how to play well.

Briyen

Noob
No, you're totally right, but what I mean is that if they implemented a Dan or a 6'th/7'th/8'th Belt system, something to that effect, you'd be chasing a ranking instead of just pure numbers. Like, if somebody's 4000W/5000L, and they're a really solid player but they don't always play out of total seriousness, they like to troll or test out new characters - basically, they know how to win, but dont give a shit about losing - they can still have a ranking that befits their skill without being misjudged as a lesser player because of their losses.
It still wouldn't do much to put off shady tactics, but I think it's a way better plan than just a plain W/L ratio. Hell, at least a good 100-200 of my losses online were from before I even knew how to play well.
i agree we need a more addicting rank system, even sfiv point system was a bit more enticing just because you gain a lot from beating pros but little from just picking on noobs

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
ohhh ok, as long as there is something... (have no idea what a "dan" is...) otherwise with no way to differentiate players, Noobs will get continually trounced by the better players and lose the will to play instead of being able to play people around their skill level at first and then gradually climb the players they play against at their own pace. And the better players will get bored having to constantly play new players b/c they can't tell who is who.

Espio

Kokomo
This ranking system sounds interesting and I assume it's for Street Fighter? (based on Dan maybe?), but it sounds much more sensible than the current system.

streetsweep187

Kneel before me
In my opinion online means nothing ...when I play it seems like you gotta be a mind reader to react to anything due to the delay/lag so I also hope that the records stay gone .......online don't count anyway ..we all know that ;)