What's new

Combo List - Scorpion All Optimal combos as of 6/25 patch.

Vagrant

Noob
The hellfire OTG off of throw is huge. Especially since you end combos in a standing reset and how you can just run into throws.

MAN0

DevilApes
Hellfire Vortex:

Ji2 f4xxFA, 214xxTP, 123xxExTP, run, 21xxSpear, FJP, 21xxFBC, 21xxTP = 45% (1 Bar)

Last edited:

Triplswing

your soe will BERRN
Hellfire Vortex:

214 xxTPxx 123 xxEx TPxx RC 21 xxSpearxx Ji1 21 xxFbrcxx 21 xxFAxx 11xxTP : 42% 1 bar (And 43% I think if you start with a Jip)
I don't wanna be THAT guys, but your notations are not written correctly. xx stands for special cancel, and is only used when moves are cancelled into specials, you don't put xx after the special unless the special is also being cancelled, which Scorpion cannot do.

Also, the run after 21 is not a run cancel, so it's incorrect to put RC there. It's simply a run.

Finally, the damage value you listed is incorrect. I tested your combo it is 39%, which is less than the 214 reset combo I listed.

Sorry to be a square but this is the official combo thread after all.

MAN0

DevilApes
I don't wanna be THAT guys, but your notations are not written correctly. xx stands for special cancel, and is only used when moves are cancelled into specials, you don't put xx after the special unless the special is also being cancelled, which Scorpion cannot do.

Also, the run after 21 is not a run cancel, so it's incorrect to put RC there. It's simply a run.

Finally, the damage value you listed is incorrect. I tested your combo it is 39%, which is less than the 214 reset combo I listed.

Sorry to be a square but this is the official combo thread after all.
Did not know about the notations sorry about that, I got the ps4 version yesterday and tbh I've been practicing more on post patch timings rather than damage percentage but I'm quite sure I kept seeing 40 -43% each time, anyway I'll check again as soon as I get off work and get back on that.

MAN0

DevilApes
You were correct, it's 40% with the FJP so I edited my last post with another 45% vortex.

Triplswing

your soe will BERRN
21 xx FBRC, 21 xx FA, 214 xx TP, 11 xx Spear, JIP B121 - EX Hellfire 42% after guaranteed EX Hellfire setup.
Sorry but no matter how I look at it, this combo is not optimized.

First off, from this combo, d2 guarantees EX fire and does more damage than b121. I just tested it by setting the AI to techroll and wakeup armor. It's guaranteed. In the OP I think I used b121 for the 2 bar tech combo, I'd better correct that.

Second, in terms of damage, 11xxSpear is weaker than 21xxSpear. I thought you were going for easymode which makes sense given the small window to chain this combo, but you have a flame aura link which is about the same window anyway.

Third, the FBC at the start of the combo does not add any damage. It's actually more damage if you leave it til the end of the combo. If it's for hitconfirm then it's justified but otherwise it's actually weakening the combo. After all, FBC scales combos even if it doesn't actually do any hits.

Finally, if I were doing a 1 bar combo from 21, I see no logical reason to go for EX fire instead of EXTP. A standing reset combo that ends with FA, s4xxTP guarantees that 214 must be blocked, and the chip combined with FA ticks adds up to the same or better damage in the end, as well as puts Scorpion in a much better position. I'd only end a combo with EX fire if it were a 2 bar combo and I thought it would end the round.

I know I'm being super lame right now, but I feel like I have to be. I'm just a massive nerd like that.

Sorry but no matter how I look at it, this combo is not optimized.

First off, from this combo, d2 guarantees EX fire and does more damage than b121. I just tested it by setting the AI to techroll and wakeup armor. It's guaranteed. In the OP I think I used b121 for the 2 bar tech combo, I'd better correct that.

Second, in terms of damage, 11xxSpear is weaker than 21xxSpear. I thought you were going for easymode which makes sense given the small window to chain this combo, but you have a flame aura link which is about the same window anyway.

Third, the FBC at the start of the combo does not add any damage. It's actually more damage if you leave it til the end of the combo. If it's for hitconfirm then it's justified but otherwise it's actually weakening the combo. After all, FBC scales combos even if it doesn't actually do any hits.

Finally, if I were doing a 1 bar combo from 21, I see no logical reason to go for EX fire instead of EXTP. A standing reset combo that ends with FA, s4xxTP guarantees that 214 must be blocked, and the chip combined with FA ticks adds up to the same or better damage in the end, as well as puts Scorpion in a much better position. I'd only end a combo with EX fire if it were a 2 bar combo and I thought it would end the round.

I know I'm being super lame right now, but I feel like I have to be. I'm just a massive nerd like that.
Didn't know that post would get a response lol.

This is just an "Easy Street" combo I use online to avoid dropping more advanced combos.

I know nothing of combos except for what you guys post lol. I'm more of a strategist, but thanks for the lesson in Hellfire combo structure.

Bombardier777

I'll bleed you, real quick.
I made a video with some combos I found here, hellfire only

I cant get fbrc yet, need more practice, sorry for being a noob lol

Maybe u can post it in the original post if there will be more videos?

Last edited:

RiBBz22

TYM's Confirmed Prophet/Time-Traveler
So is hellfire still the tournament variation or has ninjutsu taken its place?
Hellfire is still the best IMO. Ninjutsu is better in some matchups though IMO. I really like it against Quan and a few others...Inferno is a complete shitter variation now.

PANDA

*Supreme Member*
why is it so hard to connect anything after 214xxteleport now?
PC just got the patch and it seems like juggling from 214xxteleport is so bad now.

MAN0

DevilApes
why is it so hard to connect anything after 214xxteleport now?
PC just got the patch and it seems like juggling from 214xxteleport is so bad now.
Give it some time, you'll get used to the new timings. I've become very consistent with connecting 123xxEx tele now.

Xzyj

Noob
Any ideas wtf you're supposed to do after 214 tele in the corner after the patch? i don't think there's a way to connect with spear after it

I GOT HANDS

Official Infrared Scorp wid gapless Wi-Fi pressure
Props to OP for keeping this thread updated unlike the million other people who started the thread just so they could be the first one there, and abandoned it from that point forth. The ninjutsu combos are very helpful as well

HeroesNZ

Baconlord's Billionaire Sugar Daddy

B1 FBC F4 xx DB4 214 xx DB3 21 xx BF1 FJP 4 xx DB3 - 36% meterless off of an 11f punish w/ possible 21% from throw + EX Hellfire = possible 57% 1 Bar

B1 FBC F4 xx DB4 214 xx DB3 123 xx EX DB3 Run 21 xx BF1 FJP 4 xx DB3 - 40% 1 Bar w/ possible 21% from throw + EX Hellfire = possible 61% 2 Bars

EX Hellfire after Throw is really fucking good.

Hi guys, I see all kind of Fireball cancels in combos, but I cant connect anyone of them. Like 21FBC S4 or like the video here above: B1 into FBC F4. I assume these are all old ones?