What's new

All Cheetah Tick Throws

I just had a thought. Since 12 looks like 11, after a blocked ji doing 12 dbf1 might be a super easy tic throw to land!

112 ends with a Oh and is hit/block confirmable into your special. So if the opponent is going to be blocking high for that 2 AND 12 looks like 11 12xdbf1 will catch and with meter you got big girl damage.

I've been reading this post over and over again to get her tick throws down since you posted this and this looks like a gold mine finally lol

Rip Torn

ALL I HAVE IS THE GREEN.
I just had a thought. Since 12 looks like 11, after a blocked ji doing 12 dbf1 might be a super easy tic throw to land!

112 ends with a Oh and is hit/block confirmable into your special. So if the opponent is going to be blocking high for that 2 AND 12 looks like 11 12xdbf1 will catch and with meter you got big girl damage.

I've been reading this post over and over again to get her tick throws down since you posted this and this looks like a gold mine finally lol
True. Or if you are really on point, try to confirm if they are ducking or standing and use the appropriate command grab. I've been trying this: input 12db, then try to see if they are crouching and just hit 1. If they are standing hit f1. This has to be done pretty fast but I feel like it's possible.

True. Or if you are really on point, try to confirm if they are ducking or standing and use the appropriate command grab. I've been trying this: input 12db, then try to see if they are crouching and just hit 1. If they are standing hit f1. This has to be done pretty fast but I feel like it's possible.
That sounds hard af lol hit confirming in the middle of a hit/block confirm

Error

DF2+R2

I've been using it a lot, especially after her corner restand.

You definitely can, just be careful not to land the jump attacks too low or they may still be in blockstun when the grab comes out.
Yeah the only way out is a backdash. I believe it beats throw reversal too i was playing with this and J2 (if you time so the 2nd hit clips them) your +5 on block and you can easily put in the dbf1 almost while in air after pressing the j2.

J2 doesn't have the range of j3 but if ur mixing it up that +5 is enough to do alot

Actually tested in Ranked Matches, you can do a lunge x j3 (when you start to get about maybe 2/3rds to them) you can immediately buffer dbf1 before landing and they will get caught by the grab if they block the jump

Another tic grab?

I think the hardest to land is j1 tic grab. J2 (+5 on block) and j3 catch nicely for me

Actually tested in Ranked Matches, you can do a lunge x j3 (when you start to get about maybe 2/3rds to them) you can immediately buffer dbf1 before landing and they will get caught by the grab if they block the jump

Another tic grab?

I think the hardest to land is j1 tic grab. J2 (+5 on block) and j3 catch nicely for me
Interesting, I think j1 tic grab is by far the easiest, you have all day to buffer the grab. Just like with a forward dash into command throw, you can buffer the db in very very early, and pause, and just f1 after the j1 connects and it just flies right out.

I find that some like standing 2 tic or b1 tic have to be done pretty quickly. d1 tic and j1 tic are the two easiest, imo.

Interesting, I think j1 tic grab is by far the easiest, you have all day to buffer the grab. Just like with a forward dash into command throw, you can buffer the db in very very early, and pause, and just f1 after the j1 connects and it just flies right out.

I find that some like standing 2 tic or b1 tic have to be done pretty quickly. d1 tic and j1 tic are the two easiest, imo.
Maybe its new i find ticing off any normal that ISNT coming from using "1" is easy lol. Like s2 or 12 tick b2 tick all come naturally.

Osty

Noob
I need help. I can reliably do all grabs. I think the b2, dbf1 would be an amazing tool in her arsenal. Unfortunately, I can't seem to land it reliably and so I haven't really incorporated it much in my game.

Can any of you do this reliably, and if so I would like an explanation of how you do it.

I don't understand why it is so hard to do this one. I can do all of the others 10/10. That one I am lucky if 1 of the 10 comes out.

Seriously confused.....

Rip Torn

ALL I HAVE IS THE GREEN.
I need help. I can reliably do all grabs. I think the b2, dbf1 would be an amazing tool in her arsenal. Unfortunately, I can't seem to land it reliably and so I haven't really incorporated it much in my game.

Can any of you do this reliably, and if so I would like an explanation of how you do it.

I don't understand why it is so hard to do this one. I can do all of the others 10/10. That one I am lucky if 1 of the 10 comes out.

Seriously confused.....
B2 has a small cancel window. If you have input shortcuts on try B2,DF,DB,DF+1. It might be easier on stick. Not sure if that works well on pad though.

Osty

Noob
B2 has a small cancel window. If you have input shortcuts on try B2,DF,DB,DF+1. It might be easier on stick. Not sure if that works well on pad though.
Thanks for the response rip. Just as a reference point. I do play with an arcade stick.

I tried the B2, DF, DB,DR input with the shortcuts on as I saw an earlier post somewhere about that. It is almost as if it doesn't register my inputs sometimes. I don't think I can input it any faster then I currently do.

Have you been able to reliable do this?? Just curious.

I mean honestly cheetah can do some pretty wild stuff with her throw game.

I think the B2, DBF1 would help if I could do it.... lol just feel like this is a pretty big missing piece in my game and it is the first time I haven't been able to really do something well in a video game. It is seriously frustrating.

******@Rip Torn

Rip Torn

ALL I HAVE IS THE GREEN.
Thanks for the response rip. Just as a reference point. I do play with an arcade stick.

I tried the B2, DF, DB,DR input with the shortcuts on as I saw an earlier post somewhere about that. It is almost as if it doesn't register my inputs sometimes. I don't think I can input it any faster then I currently do.

Have you been able to reliable do this?? Just curious.

I mean honestly cheetah can do some pretty wild stuff with her throw game.

I think the B2, DBF1 would help if I could do it.... lol just feel like this is a pretty big missing piece in my game and it is the first time I haven't been able to really do something well in a video game. It is seriously frustrating.

******@Rip Torn
I don't get it consistently either :(

I get it more when I use that df,db,df shortcut but not enough to even attempt it in a real match. I really only go for b21+3 because at least it's a mid tick throw so it's pretty safe and has decent oki if you do the d,d version. So even if I could do it consistently I don't really deem it worth the risk.

Osty

Noob
I don't get it consistently either :(

I get it more when I use that df,db,df shortcut but not enough to even attempt it in a real match. I really only go for b21+3 because at least it's a mid tick throw so it's pretty safe and has decent oki if you do the d,d version. So even if I could do it consistently I don't really deem it worth the risk.
Hmm interesting. Why are your thoughts about it not being worth the risk if you were able to do it reliably? I feel like it would be as it would bring some pretty filthy damage with another option.

I know good players just button check cheetah alot... hence having to go for throws straight out of the gate instead of a tick throw. At least this has been my workaround.

I have been lunging with ji3. If you hit ji3 (also works with ji1) high on the target you can dbf1 in the jump and get it to land alot. Or the db2 (air) pounce with a ji3 as I have been playing alot of people that have started to mb their back or f3. Which will break armor and the throw actually comes out before the mb, b3.

Feel like the B2, DBF1 would be good as my biggest weakness is trying to get in sometimes. It has pretty good poke range... although that being said. I can't really practice it in situations because I have such a horrible time getting it out when I want it to. So, I fully see your point... as going for it you don't know if it will come out or not.

I would be so hyped if I saw this though in tournament or something. As it is the hardest thing to do for me.... would be some serious hype!!!!!!

Rip Torn

ALL I HAVE IS THE GREEN.
Hmm interesting. Why are your thoughts about it not being worth the risk if you were able to do it reliably? I feel like it would be as it would bring some pretty filthy damage with another option.
The risk is that they will be blocking low and your dbf1 will whiff. Most characters can punish that for 30-40%. B21+3 is somewhat safe because they would have to use some other evasive move to escape the grab and not have time to punish.

Osty

Noob
The risk is that they will be blocking low and your dbf1 will whiff. Most characters can punish that for 30-40%. B21+3 is somewhat safe because they would have to use some other evasive move to escape the grab and not have time to punish.
Yeah that makes sense. Guess I don't understand why her strings have so much more risk involved then other characters in this game. Especially with how hard it is to get in against certain characters.

K thanks.