What's new

Breakthrough - Alien Alien > Overheads

Take$$$

gotta take it to make it
Well in the lab just messing with it and found it can make moves like Sub Zero's b2 or Shinnok's B3 whiff completely by holding block and crouching and then letting go of crouch as they're doing the move , so basically you can make it whiff by fuzzy guarding as you probably would be anyways in a lot of cases. You don't have to hold block to do it, if you just neutral duck then stand at the right time it will make it whiff as well whereas if you're stand blocking or crouch blocking it connects everytime at the same range. Haven't tested it with any other moves, but it seems to only work with Alien afaik of course
Can't get this to work

navaroNe

Nobody's afraid of Bruce Wayne
Can't get this to work
Hm yeah I'm having difficulty doing it with sub zero now but I swear I did have it working, maybe it was a spacing thing. Pretty easy to do against shinnok though just do an overhead at the range where you start the round with shinnok and stand block with alien and just tap crouch for a split second as he's doing the B3 and it makes it whiff, or you can be crouch block and stand up at the right time and it will make it whiff

EDIT: Actually I did get it working with subbie again you just have to take a slight step back from where you start off at the round and then do the B2 and do the crouch block thing with alien. It's at a range where it will still hit if you're stand blocking or crouch blocking but if you do the crouch at the right time it won't. I can make a video of it if you still can't get it to work

Last edited:

Take$$$

gotta take it to make it
Hm yeah I'm having difficulty doing it with sub zero now but I swear I did have it working, maybe it was a spacing thing. Pretty easy to do against shinnok though just do an overhead at the range where you start the round with shinnok and stand block with alien and just tap crouch for a split second as he's doing the B3 and it makes it whiff, or you can be crouch block and stand up at the right time and it will make it whiff

EDIT: Actually I did get it working with subbie again you just have to take a slight step back from where you start off at the round and then do the B2 and do the crouch block thing with alien. It's at a range where it will still hit if you're stand blocking or crouch blocking but if you do the crouch at the right time it won't. I can make a video of it if you still can't get it to work
Vid would be legit

navaroNe

Nobody's afraid of Bruce Wayne
Vid would be legit
sure thing. Here you go

As a bonus video I'll include him doing the same to Triborg's overhead, but unfortunately that's not where it ends. I guess it's not only overheads that he can do this with as he can also do it to Triborg's b3

Alien whiffing Triborg's B1

Alien whiffing Triborg B3

Haven't tested it against the whole cast yet, I do know it also works against Ninjitsu's F2 though and CSZ's B2. He can also make pokes like sub zero's D4 whiff like this as it moves his leg out of position to be hit by the low I guess so it probably works against a ton of moves , overheads and lows.

Last edited:

FROST_

KH | DsV BLOODxGOD
NRS doesn't give a fuck about the community I can make a balanced game better that nrs pro testers.