What's new

General/Other - Alien Alien Looks To Have Hurbox On Tail for Oct 4 Update!

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!
Not sure why everyone's excited about this. The way in which the tail's hitbox collides with the clone, most other characters stuffing Aliens B3 from that range, the hit reaction will still knock his actual hurtbox too far out of the way of most strings to follow up properly.

The change might literally just be for clone.

thlityoursloat

kick kick
Irrelevant, sort of, but I have a feeling SZ's b3 is now going to be a mid, and B33/B33d4 are still lows, at least, I fucking HOPE. This right here is a HUGE buff to GM, I know there's a dozen characters who can go through the clone too, but aside from Ermac, Alien was the only character who really dominated SZ (imo).

Tweedy

Noob
I hope NRS realizes that Alien has no options vs close klone if his tail doesn't go through the klone.

Tweedy

Noob
Irrelevant, sort of, but I have a feeling SZ's b3 is now going to be a mid, and B33/B33d4 are still lows, at least, I fucking HOPE. This right here is a HUGE buff to GM, I know there's a dozen characters who can go through the clone too, but aside from Ermac, Alien was the only character who really dominated SZ (imo).
I think every Sub player would disagree with that. Mileena, Takeda, D'vorah, all beat him as badly as Alien.

thlityoursloat

kick kick
I think every Sub player would disagree with that. Mileena, Takeda, D'vorah, all beat him as badly as Alien.
The problem with SZ players is that most of them suffer from this victim complex, so I don't really take much of what they say seriously. MUH POOR SZ.
The only SZ players I have legit respect for are Buffalo and Madzin, they put in DAMN good work and show how GM isn't really that crippled against those characters. In my eyes, characters who dont deal with the clone very well are far more crippled than GM against characters who don't care for the clone.

TamedLizard

Buff George
Hopefully this change also makes him susceptible to fart active frames and crop duster.

B3 through crop duster was bologna lol.

Tweedy

Noob
The problem with SZ players is that most of them suffer from this victim complex, so I don't really take much of what they say seriously. MUH POOR SZ.
The only SZ players I have legit respect for are Buffalo and Madzin, they put in DAMN good work and show how GM isn't really that crippled against those characters. In my eyes, characters who dont deal with the clone very well are far more crippled than GM against characters who don't care for the clone.
I'm pretty sure Buffalo thinks Takeda is worse for Sub than Alien.

omooba

fear the moobs
feel like this is so being blown out of proportion. this is mostly just a gm buff the rest of us will still be suffering. and if they did this to all limbs in the game GM is probably gonna be top 5

omooba

fear the moobs
You'd have to be utterly clueless, or a GM main, to think removing all the attacks that go through clone would balance the game.
that's bullshit actually. This'll make it so you don't need stupid limbs to challenge people like d'vorah or cage with counterpoking which does balance the game

hkriderz

Lin Kuei Scum, yellow robot enthusiast
The only things we complain about were the stupid clone bugs and subs pokes. If you read around the forums and I'm sure buffalo would agree, most of us just wanted the clone to work properly and a faster poke and d2. That's all. No sub main really asked for removal of disjointed hitboxes because we knew that would make the character insane and his corner game would be even more dominant than it is.

Sub wins hard and he loses hard. Let's not act ike our losing matchups are way easier than what our opponents deal with in our winning matchups. Sub might as well play variationless half the time against those mus. Clone gets ran over and full combo punished on block.

Again, this is just alien getting nerfed. We have to see the full changes on Monday to judge.

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
GM Sub would be best in game.

The reason he isn't top 10 or so currently is because he loses some MUs bad because of disjointed hitboxes specifically...if it freezes every normal in the game, he won't lose any MUs because you literally COULD NOT play footsies.

Ed Boon did say "Alien" specifically tho, so we shall see.
Wrong.

People would actually have to armor when he clones and the mind game of will he or won't he clone will become a more prevalent thing. Rather than just mash d4 or whatever attack that someone phases through clone and hits without freezing.

Sub had a clone that couldn't be poked through in MK9. He wasn't god tier. People just had to think rather than mash.

Tweedy

Noob
Wrong.

People would actually have to armor when he clones and the mind game of will he or won't he clone will become a more prevalent thing. Rather than just mash d4 or whatever attack that someone phases through clone and hits without freezing.

Sub had a clone that couldn't be poked through in MK9. He wasn't god tier. People just had to think rather than mash.
Are you saying that characters like Jax that cannot poke through the klone, only lose significantly because they mash?

Idk how MK9 was, but in this game, Sub Zero is seriously fucked up if you have very limited options to get around/destroy the klone. In those situations he dictates when an exchange happens. Because of the run and jumping on this game, the chances of stopping when he decides to go in, or reacting to it, are slim to none. Once he lands a hit and gets the corner, he's ridiculously oppressive.

I feel like Sub Zero players on here want their character to be super stupid. It was never about balance for them lol.

EMPEROR PRYCE

WAR SEASON "THE WEAK EXPOSED!"
Are you saying that characters like Jax that cannot poke through the klone, only lose significantly because they mash?

Idk how MK9 was, but in this game, Sub Zero is seriously fucked up if you have very limited options to get around/destroy the klone. In those situations he dictates when an exchange happens. Because of the run and jumping on this game, the chances of stopping when he decides to go in, or reacting to it, are slim to none. Once he lands a hit and gets the corner, he's ridiculously oppressive.

I feel like Sub Zero players on here want their character to be super stupid. It was never about balance for them lol.

Not to discredit this post, but do we know if there are changes to the klone along side the nerfs to alien?

hkriderz

Lin Kuei Scum, yellow robot enthusiast
Hmm lets see, all the sensible sub players asked for a faster d1, better uppercut and to fix his bugs.

Yeah we definitely wanted him to be broke man. :DOGE

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior

It's not about having the character be super stupid. It's about clone doing what it's supposed to do.

If it were me, I would nerf Sub's corner damage b/c that's ridiculous and look at clone cooldown. And obviously I wouldn't allow stuff going through clone without freezing. He has bad damage midscreen and very meh pokes so it's not like you're gonna get rekt midscreen b/c of clone and if you nerf his corner damage it's all about deciding on the right moment to armor out.

Also just for the lulz I would let projectiles pass through clone and give him air clone back. lol

Tanno

The Fantasy is the Reality of the Mind
But how will Alien players do footsiez
They will have no other choice than to get either Konjurer or Acidic. Tarkatan is no longer a counterpick for my GMSZ. About fucking time that Alien stahp with his low attacks. I'm sick of jumping back in fear of his tail.

Tanno

The Fantasy is the Reality of the Mind
The characters that CAN pass through IK are Ermac, Quan Chi, Kenshi, Acidic/Konjurer, Shinnok, and anybody with their own weapons. Their weapons cancel IK.

FinalBoss_FGC

Day -4MONTHS Dual Jin main
It's not about having the character be super stupid. It's about clone doing what it's supposed to do.

If it were me, I would nerf Sub's corner damage b/c that's ridiculous and look at clone cooldown. And obviously I wouldn't allow stuff going through clone without freezing. He has bad damage midscreen and very meh pokes so it's not like you're gonna get rekt midscreen b/c of clone and if you nerf his corner damage it's all about deciding on the right moment to armor out.

Also just for the lulz I would let projectiles pass through clone and give him air clone back. lol
His damage isn't good midscreen, sure...but has top 3 corner carry.

How much does he do meterless? I'm gonna guess 28%...that takes them halfway across the stage...right into the corner game.