What's new

AI Battle Simulator

It wasn't entirely clear from The Watchtower stream, once you've made your team, I get that they're AI and someone fight them online, but when you pick fight and you chose from a list who you're going to fight, are you actually fighting someones AI team or is it AI vs. AI? Also if I not currently playing the game, will my team still show up in someones list to fight and therefore I still get rewards? Or do I have to be playing the game for my team to be "active"?

Krunchy

Noob
I think when you fight someone it's AI vs AI but you can also get attacked in which case your AI just defends itself and you probably get gear both ways.

JLU51306

Bzzzt *Paging Doctor Fate*
From what I understand, AI Battle Mode is just a glorified spectator mode. AI vs AI.

AI Battle Mode is AI vs AI. When your team attacks someone else's you're not actually playing. What determines the outcome most of the time is gear and how you set your AI behavior. There are separate gear slots for AI that won't interfere with your regular loadouts.

I think it's a pretty dumb mode myself but I'm sure it will be a lot of fun for casuals. I'll probably make my team on day one just for the hell of it and then completely forget it's a thing.

Hmm, so just a way to get gear without doing anything. Would of been cool to actually fight someones AI team.

The Ultimate

aka CommandThrower
I think this mode is a great way to level up your characters and get gear when you don't have much time to play.

Me personally, I don't have a lot of time to play video games when I'm working. If I can just set a team up and have them level up while I'm working, or just watch the AI mode for one hour after my shift ends so that these characters get EXP and gear, then that's awesome!

'Course this doesn't mean a whole lot for competitive play, but I like it all the same~

Do get me wrong, leveling up characters while I'm not playing is tits! :) but it would of been cool to fight someones team too.