What's new

"Agility" Meter

MrSoloLobo

I have a keen eye for all things broken.
I have scoured everything for an answer to this and have turned up nothing. Hell I even created a thread about it but nobody seems to know. This is honestley THE most important aspect to me because it will dictate pace, combo abiltiy, and stiffness. The lack of the abiltity to cancel a dash in Injustice was my largest complaint.
Dashing covers a lot of space so it makes total sense to me that you can get punished for doing it. I don't know why so many people hate injustice because you can't block right after dashing. Is that really how MK9 plays? People can just dash all they want in my face and I can't do anything about it? Just wondering, I never really played MK seriously.

Fractured_Shadow

Really likes to throw things at you.
Dashing covers a lot of space so it makes total sense to me that you can get punished for doing it. I don't know why so many people hate injustice because you can't block right after dashing. Is that really how MK9 plays? People can just dash all they want in my face and I can't do anything about it? Just wondering, I never really played MK seriously.
It has nothing to do with blocking right after dashing... it is the ability to cancel a dash with a block or a normal. It allows for waaay more combos because you can force strings together and mobility is much higher...

Decay

King of the Bill
I think the run mechanic would be sick if it helps to juggle combos that would normally be out of reach of a normal dash. It would be interesting to see some long distance hit confirms

Skkra

PSN: Skkra
We'll have to find out if backdashing has invincibility frames at the startup before we can draw any real conclusions.

haketh

Noob
That sounds like an awful mechanic. Arbitrairly controling movement like that is extremely bad especially if it affects one playstyle over the other. The comparisons to BB and GG Negative penalty are pretty off because that doesn't limit movement at all and those games have much more consistently explosive movememt.

Willing to actually see ot in action but it seems like a system addition to lazily fix characters with really strong backdashes after people got frustrated with Black Adam preparch.

xWildx

What a day. What a lovely day.
There's probably going to be standard back and forward dashes. In addition to that, you can probably use your agility meter to backdash further with a few frames of invincibility (say, to get out of MK9's f3 bs for example), or run forward if a projectile trades in your favor, if you knock someone down from a distance, etc.

Just how I see it playing out, not that we know anything yet.

Art

Grave_Intent
Hmm.. I'm thinking of button lay-outs as well as the meter. I wounder if we will actually have a Block Button? It could (much to some fan's dismay) be a back to block game? As far as the meter goes, I think it's an interesting idea, but I think that particular meter should be broken up into bars at least to show how much each dash/intractable use it takes. On the topic of dash canceling into attacks, I hope it's way more balanced that MK9.

DanableLector

UPR DanableLector
I have scoured everything for an answer to this and have turned up nothing. Hell I even created a thread about it but nobody seems to know. This is honestley THE most important aspect to me because it will dictate pace, combo abiltiy, and stiffness. The lack of the abiltity to cancel a dash in Injustice was my largest complaint.
Yoooo!! This X 1000. I HATED having to commit to a dash just to fucking move in injustice. The game felt SOOOO clunky to me because of that. It made getting in on online deathstroke impossible. No Cancelling to normal/strings... ugh it felt rough. Injustice dumb walk speed and committing to dashes brought back painful memories of super ghouls and ghosts (kudos if you get that reference). If you can't cancel a dash with a block I may just freak out. Can't wait for tomorrow, because we will likely find out.

Last edited:

DanableLector

UPR DanableLector
Hmm.. I'm thinking of button lay-outs as well as the meter. I wounder if we will actually have a Block Button? It could (much to some fan's dismay) be a back to block game? As far as the meter goes, I think it's an interesting idea, but I think that particular meter should be broken up into bars at least to show how much each dash/intractable use it takes. On the topic of dash canceling into attacks, I hope it's way more balanced that MK9.
I wonder what will activate dash. Holding forward after a regular dash maybe? I'm so pumped block button is in, hell theres not much I'm not excited about... unless of course you can't cancel a dash with a block.

Circus

Part-Time Kano Hostage
If you can still cancel dashes into blocks or attacks AND back dashes are invulnerable now....

If you predict Cassie Cage will go for another frame trap just back dash it, have her miss, then quickly punish with a combo of your choice.

That sounds AMAZINGLY broken because you could attack right out of back dash at any time (assuming backdash cancel is back). So it costing meter from an "Agility meter" makes total sense for balance reasons!

This has me SUPER hyped! More hyped than anything so far!

Genius idea NRS @colt
Looooving this!

Last edited:

Circus

Part-Time Kano Hostage
Why does this only have two pages in 3 hours?

This is the biggest news since the introduction to multiple styles per character.

@moraelgamed is right, this really does change everything. Footsies will be alot more about walkspeed instead of dash canceling backwards.

Turtling also becomes tons less effective not only because the backdash costing meter but the fact you could run forward between long pokes or projectiles!

I am wondering how it works, how it recharges and how long it takes to recharge. I am also wondering what would happen if i don't have enough meter and decided to backdash for example. Would the backdash be cancelled when the meter ends or maybe you need the minimum amount required to preform the backdash etc etc.

I think it is most likely in there to balance out the run feature and interactables usage.

MrSoloLobo

I have a keen eye for all things broken.
It has nothing to do with blocking right after dashing... it is the ability to cancel a dash with a block or a normal. It allows for waaay more combos because you can force strings together and mobility is much higher...
Ah I see. Yeah I'm pretty sure I've seen people do dashes during their combos so that's pretty cool. Still though, since you can cancel your dash with a block, you really can't get punished for dashing in MK like you can in Injustice right?