What's new

AGE Chris G Wins Injustice: Gods Among Us at UFGT 9!

That's pretty stupid logic considering non-Aris WNF players also made top 8/16 this weekend.
Godspeed and Awesomo, two guys who rely on stages (just like Aris) and can't adapt to match up's (unlike Aris) who - according to his own words - doesn't have competition during WNF's.

Slips on the other hand was THE man, when it came to MK9, since he was playing Scorpion, who was only good, because of his vortex, but still not viable - and Slips still pulled off some crazy ass shit and during this tournament with far, far, far more competition and far better competition, since there is a big fucking difference, if you're in a local tournament with 30 entrants and only so many good players that you can count them on one hand and a major tournament with over 180 entrants and so many names that you can't even keep the track on them.
And there Slips sticks with Deathstroke, defeats counterpicks and for the most part doesn't even care about the stage, but simply goes in with his crazy ass Deathstroke and whoops ass.

No disrespect to Aris - I think he is a very good Deathstroke and whoops the floor with the WNF people most of the time, but in my own personal, honest and humble opinion Slips is a better Deathstroke judging by his "feats".

TotteryManx

cr. HP Master
LOL I thought I was bad, but some of the idiotic comments in this thread made me lol.

There is no way to know who is the best character representative until all the players are at one Major. Right now I can't say Slips Deathstroke is better than Aris' because Aris' has not played the same level of competition yet. Hopefully at CEO or EVO that will change.

I had fun playing MK9, but ultimately it has too many problems. Injustice is a huge step in the right direction, but the interactables really dictate how a match goes. I believe the loser should be able to pick the stage.

Godspeed and Awesomo, two guys who rely on stages (just like Aris) and can't adapt to match up's (unlike Aris) who - according to his own words - doesn't have competition during WNF's.

Slips on the other hand was THE man, when it came to MK9, since he was playing Scorpion, who was only good, because of his vortex, but still not viable - and Slips still pulled off some crazy ass shit and during this tournament with far, far, far more competition and far better competition, since there is a big fucking difference, if you're in a local tournament with 30 entrants and only so many good players that you can count them on one hand and a major tournament with over 180 entrants and so many names that you can't even keep the track on them.
And there Slips sticks with Deathstroke, defeats counterpicks and for the most part doesn't even care about the stage, but simply goes in with his crazy ass Deathstroke and whoops ass.

No disrespect to Aris - I think he is a very good Deathstroke and whoops the floor with the WNF people most of the time, but in my own personal, honest and humble opinion Slips is a better Deathstroke judging by his "feats".
Killzone, Stages are a big part of this game. Using them better than opponents doesn't make it an illegitimate victory. Those players are still obviously very very good.

rev0lver

Come On Die Young
lbsh it doesn't matter what the comp level was at ufgt all that matters is east coast won.

tom brady only lost cuz aquaman got nerfed which makes him F minus tier when you have slightly less trait time

you guys missed the bigger picture. chris g won, who lost to brady at ect, yet beat cd jr at ect, yet lost to cd jr 2x(?) at next level, art's way free-er here i guess too. who cares though, socal lost so those WNF commentators can hold that for talking shit.

Cat

This guy looks kind of tuff...
lbsh it doesn't matter what the comp level was at ufgt all that matters is east coast won.

tom brady only lost cuz aquaman got nerfed which makes him F minus tier when you have slightly less trait time

you guys missed the bigger picture. chris g won, who lost to brady at ect, yet beat cd jr at ect, yet lost to cd jr 2x(?) at next level, art's way free-er here i guess too. who cares though, socal lost so those WNF commentators can hold that for talking shit.
Chris G Won.. no one else..
whats with the entire (my coast won , hold that shit) , its not like the entire coast is getting a piece of that prize money or recognition.. lol..
Chris G is on another level in fighting games as a whole... where he lives is irrelevant.

Chris g should come here and be like I WON!!! Fuck all yall... lol

rev0lver

Come On Die Young
whats with the entire (my coast won , hold that shit) , its not like the entire coast is getting a piece of that prize money or recognition.. lol..
Yes it is, rev0lver and claude vonstroke just gave it recognition from chris g winning.

Jer

I'm a literal Sloth
Cat Don't act as though if Texas went to this tournament and won, you guys wouldn't be saying shit how about how Texas is the best (I can't say coast because you guy's aren't one)

ProudDisciple

Average at Best
How about just giving props to each player for their skill, execution, reads, match up knowledge and adaption and not just referring to "X character made X placing?!"

The game is still in it's infancy so regardless of people's thoughts on X character losing to X character why do people act like the player has no influence on the outcome of a match?!?