What's new

AGE Chris G Wins Injustice: Gods Among Us at UFGT 9!

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
Love all the ECT V downplaying and how Tom basically went from godlike to being a jobber to the stars in literally one week. I'd say the level of competition at both tournaments was roughly equal. Perhaps UFGT had representatives from more regions, but it also lacked VSM, which I believe has more tourney wins than any other region/group since MK9 was released.
Rofl.. This account -- you have to watch out for those TYM lurkers.

SUPARNOVAX

Low tier? I was born in it, molded by it
Why the salt against Keits/Divekick? The tournament for Injustice had a good turnout and top 8 was great.

Obanye

Obanye - Bay Area - PSN
Why the salt against Keits/Divekick? The tournament for Injustice had a good turnout and top 8 was great.
Mk community has a victim complex from tournament organizers giving no love to mk9 for years even though the game sucked and no one played it. Now however NRS has made an amazing game that needs spotlight in prime time so more people see how hype it is.

UFGT had better competition than ECT imo but both are legit. right now I just think the gameplay is what makes the game random at times like all the jumping and how it looks like a special moves clusterfuck. I hope the game will focus more on normals and less jumping as the game evolves.

People comparing the two tournies are missing the point. Both tournies had top competition - It's not clear who of GGA or VSM is better at this game, and Brady - who WON last week and has beaten all the VSM guys before - (not to say he's necessarily better than REO, but the two are close by any measure) didn't make top 8.

The key here is that this game is still of course a game of matchups at this stage. I'd say there are no better Ares players than AlucarD at VSM, no better Sinestros than Wound Cowboy (and Pig!), no better Deathstrokes than Slips (there are good Deathstrokes on West Coast - Aris for one - but there seems to be a lack on EC), maybe no better Frost than 16 Bit there.

These present different top matchups which result in different players succeeding. By contrast, I'm not sure there's a close Green Arrow to ChrisG in the Midwest - while GL is fairly common (though Sabin may still be the best GL) in that area.

The end result is that Chris, who hasn't exactly been dominant on EC , takes this tourny. Which is not to say he's not a top player - he's amazing. But when you have a lot of top players with different characters, sometimes the one who wins is because of matchups and experience.

shaowebb

Get your guns on. Sheriff is back.
I had no problem with Divekick till they interfered with a tournament to shamelessly promote the thing. Now I am SUPER irritated by it. Its just a one button self insert joke against fighting games anyway so WHY mess with a tourney to promote it. Folks didn't make it to their bracket on time over this forcing Injustice to like 9:30 am the next day!

The Gabriel

Mean Man
Honestly these finals are tainted by being at 9am. Huge congrats to top 8, but I take the final order of the top 8 with a grain of salt. Look at the stream - everyone was playing like crap.

There was zero reason Injustice should have been relegated to this terrible start time.

Aris_adapted

Aristotle
Shotouts to top 8. Especially Slips, Chris G and Cowboy. Actually i was hoping Tom Brady and Pig will enter into the top 8...

The Gabriel

Mean Man
Lol, people are such babies about waking up. Any sort of professional competition usually starts in the morning, there is no excuse for not being able to wake up.
Umm actually no, *NO* professional competition starts at 9am, especially when accommodating out-of-town competitors, for OBVIOUS reasons.

shaowebb

Get your guns on. Sheriff is back.
A lot of folks seem to be saying they wont be back for this next year after the 9am stuff to make room for Divekick. It was offensive to a lot of the competitors and people in attendance.

SUPARNOVAX

Low tier? I was born in it, molded by it
Mk community has a victim complex from tournament organizers giving no love to mk9 for years even though the game sucked and no one played it. Now however NRS has made an amazing game that needs spotlight in prime time so more people see how hype it is.
Excuse my language but are you fucking kidding me?! That's false.

MK9 gets no love and nobody plays it? Is that true? Yet everyone has been running MK9.

Stop regurgitating bullshit off your twitter timeline. Hint, not everything you read on the internet is true.

I don't play MK9 and don't need to be generally informed that if it is or isn't present at tournaments these days. The MK logo pops up at almost every big tournament trailer reveal these days without needing to look it up.

Do you even play Mortal Kombat or go to tournaments or leave your computer?? Or are ou're just another idiot with a keyboard on this forum spitting out unnecessary information.

For a game that's so unpopular and nobody playing, it sure is making rounds across majors, regionals, and local gatherings.

CEO 2013 - June 2013
Northwest Majors - June 2013
UFGT9 (Road to EVO) - May 2013
East Coast Throwdown 5 - April 2013
NorCal Regionals 2013 - April 2013
Texas Showdown 2013 - April 2013
Final Round XVI - Mar 2013
WinterBrawl 7 - Feb 2013
SoCal Regionals 2013 - Jan 2013
Northeast Championship (NEC) XIII - Jan 2013
MLG Dallas - Nov 2012

20 minutes of browsing TYM/SRK tournament listings and all that came up.

It doesn't matter if Injustice was 9AM or 9PM top 8 finals. 200 people showed up for it at UFGT9. Big whoop you didn't watch it on the stream. In the real world people organize and regulate.

Go tell your boss you think it's unfair you gotta wake up at 7AM to show up at work by 8AM because it's unfair you didn't sleep enough. And if you're not working, well, good luck.

A lot of folks seem to be saying they wont be back for this next year after the 9am stuff to make room for Divekick. It was offensive to a lot of the competitors and people in attendance.
Unfair, huh?? I guess they forgot NRS bought their way into the EVO 2013 line up. After it tanked in the Breast Cancer donations and lost to Smash. If they really wanted to get it in there they would've. Now the game is given an opportunity and UFGT9 had to fit the game into it's schedule and they did. That's great.

And that's not directed at you specifically, but generally toward the ill attitude I'm seeing on here. No wonder people shit on MK so much. It's a shame because a lot of the community is nice.

What's more unfair is probably Skullgirl's not being at EVO line up with all the hard work unlike some other people. 9AM .. give me a fucking break, you babies.

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
Umm actually no, *NO* professional competition starts at 9am, especially when accommodating out-of-town competitors, for OBVIOUS reasons.
I was thinking more along the lines of sports tournaments, since supposedly this is E-sports. Either way, people need to stop being pussies and afraid of losing some precious beauty sleep.

And how does out-of-town competitors factor in at all? Its not like it was at 9AM the first day, it was the day of top 8, everyone was there.

Congrats to the entire top 8--especially Slips. He played an AMAZING DS. But everyone trashong m2dave had got to stop. They play the same character so very differently its not even remotely similar. DS as a master zoner-hos original play style-is gone. Its bad as a community for us to talk poorly about others without understanding their arguments or points of view. Congrats Chris G

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk 2

To the people who are saying that Deathstroke made it to top 4 of a major ...
Deathstroke didn't make it to top 4, Slips did.

Slips, best Deathstroke for now, hands down.