What's new

Strategy Advantages of b2d3 vortex ender vs 111

protools27

Rebel without a scene
So I have been playing batgirl for a while now and I have been having some success with her. I have been using the day one vortex (b12, d2xxbf1, j2, 111 etc.) I know starting a vortex with b2d3xxbf3 MB is a good option, but I was just wondering what the advantages are of doing b2d3instead of 111 to end the vortex, and if I should implement that into my game.

zuurrkk

World's worst GL
With 111 you can vortex them until they die, with b2 1 you're ending the vortex and creating space. You're basically letting them out

zuurrkk

World's worst GL
Unless you're talking about b2d3. (Bg doesn't have a b2d1) in which case, b2 u3, d2 xx bf 1, ji2, b2d3 if you try to go for a b2 after that it whiffs. 111 keeps them close enough for that. Unless I'm a scrub and can't get the proper spacing

protools27

Rebel without a scene
Ya was talking about b2d3 my bad. Updated original post. But if you watch sonicfox footage, he will do a vortex starter, combo into the bola, j2 then b2d3, then j2 or j3 (not sure which), into another vortex starter of choice. Just wondering what the advantages are of doing that.

Rip Torn

ALL I HAVE IS THE GREEN.
Unless you're talking about b2d3. (Bg doesn't have a b2d1) in which case, b2 u3, d2 xx bf 1, ji2, b2d3 if you try to go for a b2 after that it whiffs. 111 keeps them close enough for that. Unless I'm a scrub and can't get the proper spacing
b2d3 shouldn't whiff after a b2d3 connects. It does less damage though...

zuurrkk

World's worst GL
b2d3 shouldn't whiff after a b2d3 connects. It does less damage though...
When I try to time it similarly to 111, b2. If i do it that way it'll whiff. If i do b2d3, b2 I have to pause and wait for the character model to stand back up. Idk

Rip Torn

ALL I HAVE IS THE GREEN.
When I try to time it similarly to 111, b2. If i do it that way it'll whiff. If i do b2d3, b2 I have to pause and wait for the character model to stand back up. Idk
Don't wait so long, it's almost immediately after the d3. And there is no advantage to doing b2d3 into j2. You are giving them a free pushblock. I think Fox was using that back when there was some misinformation going around on MKU that lead him to believe that j2 could cross up.

protools27

Rebel without a scene
If you do bola, then j2 b2d3, you need to either cancel into bf3 MB, b3, j2, d2xxbf1 for the vortex, or you need to do another jump in and then chose your vortex starter (b12, b2u3, or b2d3xxbf3 MB). I'm just wondering if there is an advantage to doing that versus 111 after a jump in. I saw sonicfox doing it as late as summer jam vs kdz

Rip Torn

ALL I HAVE IS THE GREEN.
If you do bola, then j2 b2d3, you need to either cancel into bf3 MB, b3, j2, d2xxbf1 for the vortex, or you need to do another jump in and then chose your vortex starter (b12, b2u3, or b2d3xxbf3 MB. I'm just wondering if there is an advantage to doing that versus 111 after a jump in. I saw sonicfox doing it as late as summer jam vs kdz
this is all wrong... just jump in after bola and do 111 or b2d3. Don't cancel into anything. Then go for either b2d3, b2u3, or b12. After b2d3, you can cancel to bf3. After the other 2 options you do d2~bf1. Something that fox would do is multiple b2d3's because he's risky as fuq and want's to do an extra 6% in a mini-mix up before going for the 50/50. It works sometimes but it won't work often if they know how to block batgirl.

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
I like b2d3 because of the animation. It is the same starter as the overhead and is a much better mindgame setup for the 50/50 than 111. It feels more difficult to prepare for the mixup when you get hit by b2d3 than 111 to me.

Rip Torn

ALL I HAVE IS THE GREEN.
I like b2d3 because of the animation. It is the same starter as the overhead and is a much better mindgame setup for the 50/50 than 111. It feels more difficult to prepare for the mixup when you get hit by b2d3 than 111 to me.
Idunno, it's not really a mind game. I mean, you get hit by it and they either block high or low. What is the mind game? If anything, it gives you more frame advantage and that's why they are doing it.

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
Idunno, it's not really a mind game. I mean, you get hit by it and they either block high or low. What is the mind game? If anything, it gives you more frame advantage and that's why they are doing it.
I think it's actually less frame advantage and what I mean by "mindgame" is that the move itself looks like one of the two mixup options.

Gilbagz

Joker here~
B2,d3 is +30 where 1,1,1 is +22
I though j2 did cross up after b2d3
I've seen it happen before
Might be specific spacing on the b2d3

Rip Torn

ALL I HAVE IS THE GREEN.
I think it's actually less frame advantage and what I mean by "mindgame" is that the move itself looks like one of the two mixup options.
Ok, I see what you mean. I would almost rather hit them with 111 though, as not to show them the overhead/low option until they actually have to guess. Plus, over the course of a match, we're talking 8%-10% damage lost if you run the vortex 4-5 times (2% each time you do b2d3). The frame advantage of b2d3 is something to consider as well. It probably gives you a better chance at landing a dash into throw.

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
111 is +22 on hit and does the most damage.
21 is +23 on hit and allows for (stance dependant) cross up/non-cross up j3
b2d3 is +30 on hit and allows you to dash up and iaj2, 111 in the corner for max damage.

Those are basically the merits of each. Personally I usually just stick to 111 and 21 occasionally for the cross up setup on people I know don't know it.

protools27

Rebel without a scene
this is all wrong... just jump in after bola and do 111 or b2d3. Don't cancel into anything. Then go for either b2d3, b2u3, or b12. After b2d3, you can cancel to bf3. After the other 2 options you do d2~bf1. Something that fox would do is multiple b2d3's because he's risky as fuq and want's to do an extra 6% in a mini-mix up before going for the 50/50. It works sometimes but it won't work often if they know how to block batgirl.
Have you watched the sonicfox footage from tfc? Cause this is exactly some of the tech he was using. After watching it some more I figured out another reason why he may use it. After doing the bola, if you j2, d2d3, then jump in again it's an overhead, which you can confirm into a overhead or a low, or even a overhead low vortex starter (b2d3xxbf3 MB). After you get then to respect the jump in, you could do b2d3 immediately into b12 for a low after the b2d3. Though you could prolly fuzzy guard the jump in, its just more options that adds to the mix up.

SonicFox5000

The Best.
I use B2 D3 Because it awards way more frame advantage and setups from it. But there is a use for 111. It can award more damage and it comes out faster. So if your full/midscreen away from opponent, you can instanyly dash up and commit to 111. Believe it or not, she has a use for all of her strings.

protools27

Rebel without a scene
I use B2 D3 Because it awards way more frame advantage and setups from it. But there is a use for 111. It can award more damage and it comes out faster. So if your full/midscreen away from opponent, you can instanyly dash up and commit to 111. Believe it or not, she has a use for all of her strings.
ya thats true. I like to use the dash 111 setup when I bola them really close to the corner because sometimes if you j2 it will cross up and put you in the corner, killing her awesome corner game.

RiBBz22

TYM's Confirmed Prophet/Time-Traveler
in general B2D3 does less damage but I like the way it spaces for an ambiguous cross-up. If you walk a little towards your opponent during the advantage you have on hit you will cross up with a J1. If you just do regular jump you will hit on the same side. Also, if you get a read that your opponent isn't blocking high low on after any B2 string then sometimes I will mix it in because you get a freaking safe jump from it. So basically, I will normally just take the 111 advantage from vortex and sometimes mix in a B2D3 after a 111 instead of the 50-50 just to check them.

astronout

see you at the top.
B2,D3 offers 8 additional advantage frames over 111 and does 1% less damage. it's her best ender for her vortex. going for crossups after B2,D3 or 2,1 are gimmicks that can both be avoided by forward dashing.

Rip Torn

ALL I HAVE IS THE GREEN.
Have you watched the sonicfox footage from tfc? Cause this is exactly some of the tech he was using. After watching it some more I figured out another reason why he may use it. After doing the bola, if you j2, d2d3, then jump in again it's an overhead, which you can confirm into a overhead or a low, or even a overhead low vortex starter (b2d3xxbf3 MB). After you get then to respect the jump in, you could do b2d3 immediately into b12 for a low after the b2d3. Though you could prolly fuzzy guard the jump in, its just more options that adds to the mix up.
You don't need to add anything to a 50/50 mix-up. The j2 after b2d3 vortex ender doesn't cross up. You are giving the opponent a free pushblock to get out of the vortex. It's totally worth 1 meter to get out of her vortex. Why do you need them to respect the jump in? They are already dealing with a 50/50.

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
The only real advantage of b2d3 over 111 is you can dash up and iaj2 into full combo in the corner. Otherwise 111 and 21 are superior. Even if you do get a pseudo cross up off b2d3 (I'm pretty sure if they hold back it won't cross up but I should prolly do more testing), 21 is better because it uses j3, which affords another vortex attempt on block and on hit leads to vortex.