What's new

Advanced Reptile Combos Impossible Online

That sounds great, man! Hopefully we can work that out, she's going to school full-time at the moment trying to get all her requirements to enter the nursing program out of the way, so we generally don't have a whole lotta time to get away but hopefully we'll be able to work something out!
damn man, my wife is doing the same... what is it with women and nursing!!?

GNG Iniquity

#bufftaquito #punchwalk #whiffycage
damn man, my wife is doing the same... what is it with women and nursing!!?
/shrug it pays well. I'm all for it, you can make upwards of 100k a year doing it, and you can relocate anywhere...plus it's stable and always in demand. Makes me contemplate it sometimes...one of those few secure jobs out there which still pays well.

yea, 2 years with SCHP then i plan on getting my degree (in which i will learn a second language) and with the LEO background apply for the FBI

xxteefxx

Kenshi Moderator
Hmmm, alright let me tell u something.
Reptile is not made for Major damaging combos because this is not his main game. If u play reptile only to do combos for damage then ur playing reptile wrong.

reptile doesnt need advanced combos in matches due to the fact were he rely on Okizeme. hence 1 ex meter is more than enough for a damage of average 40% - 55% for Sole purpose of Punishes, Pressure, OKi and general mix up (not damaging combos)

so online, do the basics....like 1,1,2 (if blocked ur safe) if not then u can combo into FB, 3,2~ fb....etc
same with his regular dash BNB........never finish them with slide unless u gonna win...beside that always end with OKI. so really rep is not in need of damaging combos

xxteefxx

Kenshi Moderator
OKI = Okizeme
by means that u force opponent to wake up guard while u are still pressuring with mix ups and block strings and they cant do anything about it but to guard....if he woke up without guarding and into another solution then they might be in a serious dis advantage no matter wut

Elbow Wiff combos are not impossible to do online, just a lot harder. I've face two players online on PSN that were able to do it every single time however. Needless to say my jaw dropped when they were able to do this...

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
I don't find them impossible to do...more or less, muscle memory kicks in for me a majority of the time.

I was playing Sabin earlier today, and we both didn't have too much trouble doing NJP combos. We did drop them, but not to the point where we never bothered.

CitizenSnips

A seldom used crab named Lucky. AKA Citizen Snips.
What methods are you guys doing that have difficulty pulling off online?

I slide my finger from X to Y about twice and I get it I'd say 3/4 times. The netcode got so much better, KOTH even when full doesn't have crazy input lag like it used to.

GNG Iniquity

I don't find them impossible to do...more or less, muscle memory kicks in for me a majority of the time.

I was playing Sabin earlier today, and we both didn't have too much trouble doing NJP combos. We did drop them, but not to the point where we never bothered.
Truthfully, I haven't attempted to actually practice the method with a friend on PS3 - however, the vast majority of Reptile players here are on 360 and from my general understanding the netcode may be slightly better there. At least from Bio's viewpoint. I've got a few friends who don't care about w/l ratio like myself though so I'll try in the near future. Can't do any conclusive testing in the immediate future, think I scratched my cornea from my damn contacts!

So snips, you hold up on the d-pad and basically piano the buttons twice?
You just want to hold up right after you whiff the elbow dash, hit them with a FB, etc. Then slide your thumb from 1 to 2 quickly.
What methods are you guys doing that have difficulty pulling off online?
Just the general plinking method that everyone uses. My success rate is nearly 100% offline.
I slide my finger from X to Y about twice and I get it I'd say 3/4 times. The netcode got so much better, KOTH even when full doesn't have crazy input lag like it used to.
Hmm, I hadn't thought of sliding it from 1 to 2 twice. I just do it once.

EGP Wonder_Chef

Official Quan Chi Nerf Demander™
I seriously can do it maybe 10% of the time online, if that.

I usually just don't bother...

the reason why muscle memory doesn't work for me in this game is that you can press the buttons for the initial chain at any pace that you want, so there isn't always a specific timing that you need to know.

The visual queue is the most reliable.

CitizenSnips

A seldom used crab named Lucky. AKA Citizen Snips.
So snips, you hold up on the d-pad and basically piano the buttons twice?
Yeah I guess it's partially muscle memory, but I don't really look for visual cues other than seeing Reptile elbow dash. Right after I input elbow dash I hold up and once I start see him activating elbow dash I will piano the buttons two or three times. The only times I seem to mess it up now is if I just press the buttons too early and just jump out without punching at all. This is why I piano two or three times to make sure I'm not doing it too early. I don't think I ever do it too late.

GNG Iniquity

Dear god...I hate online. Just played about 6 matches with a guy, dropped about 12 NJPs. Online blows hard. Felt kind of like an ass repeatedly pressuring the guy with slow FBs but hey...that's what Reptile's meter's for. Had to get some damage in there considering I couldn't combo worth dick due to dropping all my NJPs :p