What's new

About Superman's Trait and Balance Request.

King Checkmate

uɐlop sı ʎllɐnʇɔɐ
First, I must say that im a superman user myself. (I use 4 characters ATM,Bane,Doomsday,Superman,lobo)
And i think Superman's trait needs a little twich. Not in the form of a nerf but maybe balance.

Say more damage but more cool down time?More Duration and more cool down time?

The reason is , some characters , specially fatties (Bane, Grundy,Lex, Doomsday) are armor dependent and Superman's trait that has FREE armor breaking capabilities seems to be too much, rate of activation time wise.(Bane too, but its nowhere near ''FREE'')

The fact that Superman already can heavily zone these ''slow'' big hit-box characters is already a minus, but he also get his trait about 3-4 times PER ROUND making any armored approach attempt meaningless , and ultras, and pretty much everything for that matters.... I think this is way too much free armor breaking capabilities.

I don't mind more damage/Duration whatever on the trait but i think that the cool down is way off.

Superman already has all the tools he needs to stay S ''tier'' EVEN with a Trait balance.

Gesture Required Ahead

Get on that hook
My suggestions:

1) More cooldown. Maybe a second or 2. Like Aquaman nerf.
2) Less duration. Maybe .5 to a full second less.
3)Reduce damage buff
4)Make it uncancellable into a move.
5)Make it uncancellable from a move

Either of the ones I listed are reasonable enough I think. I'm not sure as to how to balance the anti-armor priority. Maybe make it so that it only beats 1 hit of armor or something?

King Checkmate

uɐlop sı ʎllɐnʇɔɐ
The trait isn't the main issue with Supes. But let's bring everyone up to his level, not him to down to theirs.
No well i agree.
But doing a damage buff on his trait leaving the rest of his perks there, but giving it MORE cool down is NOT a nerf,but a balance. He could do more damage combos, but break less armor, that in my case its why im QQ about....

CamChattic

Eternal Champion of Justice
My suggestion: everyone needs to shut the fuck up about nerfing superman
Why can't I like this ten more times. How the fuck are we gonna talk about nerfing a character who didn't even make it 2 top 8 this weekend when 2 characters who just got nerfed did. How about we do this little thing that happened in the per world of Warcraft days its called play your goddamnd video games more than you talk / bitch about them.

King Checkmate

uɐlop sı ʎllɐnʇɔɐ
The fact the other players were better than the superman players has nothing to do with Superman's trait recharging way too fast....
I really dont know where i lost you...

King Checkmate

uɐlop sı ʎllɐnʇɔɐ
Don't mind his trait to much. It's mostly used mid combo.
I understand , the damage buff is definitely not the issue here is his free armor breaking capabilities. Being way too frequent , he makes armor dependent characters , specially slow ones, instantly overwhelmed.

I understand , the damage buff is definitely not the issue here is his free armor breaking capabilities. Being way too frequent , he makes armor dependent characters , specially slow ones, instantly overpowered.
I wouldn't say overpowered. Its a really short duration and power characters aren't always dependant on special armour moves. I'm sure they could defend themselves for 6 seconds.

DerpyHooves2010

Because, why not?
This is probably already known too, but you can f3 twice in a row with superman for a ludicrously easy 19%. (24% with trait)

CamChattic

Eternal Champion of Justice
I understand , the damage buff is definitely not the issue here is his free armor breaking capabilities. Being way too frequent , he makes armor dependent characters , specially slow ones, instantly overpowered.
Ok if his trait is literally buff damage+ break armor then that's what he does. Its SUPPOSED to change the matchup. It's like fighting ultra 2 with blanka once ultra 2 is stocked your done throwing fireballs that option is gone just accept it. If other characters other options are so bad that they need super armor to be viable then those characters need to be buffed.