What's new

abc's Invisibility Guide

Tim Static

Adminerator
It's not just hand watching because that means taking your eyes off the screen, but actually subtle physical movement that can send off signs, you don't even have to look.
Gay as hell or not, thats how it is in real life tournaments. You also can hear the buttons being pressed, or like shock said just subtle movements of the other persons body.

Online play is such junk.
Troof.

Shock and Frank are exactly right, you don't watch the hands, it's the body language and hearing buttons/joystick presses that tell you what to expect. This is absent from online (obviously).

Online and Offline are two completely different experiences.
Think of it as coaches trying to steal signs in sports. You use what you can to your advantage. But trust me, not paying attention to what you see on the screen will put you in trouble. ;)

Maybe on a cab, but not on a 360. Different as in no lag offline, yes. When I play my friends offline on the 360, it's the same as online, again minus the lag/delay.

I can see how this would apply on a cab though, or someone using a noisy arcade stick.
UMK3 on the 360 lags offline at times. The animation on arenas, plus throw in Smoke vs Smoke, and you will get lag/delay at times.

Again, a cab is machine build to do one thing and one thing only: to run that single game.

cab > any MK port X's infinity.

UMK3 on the 360 lags offline at times. The animation on arenas, plus throw in Smoke vs Smoke, and you will get lag/delay at times.

Again, a cab is machine build to do one thing and one thing only: to run that single game.

cab > any MK port X's infinity.
I don't count that as lag seeing how it doesn't affect my gameplay since it's a minimal amount of lag.

I agree, cab is > than any MK port, but that cab just sits there unplayed in your house doesn't it TIM? ;) Yes you probably play the CPU from time to time, but when the last time you played good competition on it? :)

Tim Static

Adminerator
I don't count that as lag seeing how it doesn't affect my gameplay since it's a minimal amount of lag.

I agree, cab is > than any MK port, but that cab just sits there unplayed in your house doesn't it TIM? ;) Yes you probably play the CPU from time to time, but when the last time you played good competition on it? :)
On mine? not very often. :(

But the thing is, I play better on cab. I play better on a stick, especially w/ no lag, I dont even bother playing my stick online. Timing is right down the drain, and it opens up way too many holes and i usually pay for them dearly:(

BUT....come July 26 & 27, I hope to play some "better" comp at my tourney.

FILER

Noob
YEAH!

Online play sucks! Online play can't be taken seriously! Only and idiot would take only play seriously! Everyone knows if you are good offline and you lose online it was only because of lag and the other player sucks since they are playing online!

In short, online players suck, online play sucks, and online in general sucks.

RABBBLE RAABBBLLEE RAAAABBBBLLEE RABBLEE RABBBLE

EDIT, droopy wanted me to post this

To FILER From Droopy

With all due respect to abc's thread...FUCK YOU. You want to make this shit personal, come down here and play me on a cab. Otherwise, quit bringin up shit that happened in the past. Only reason i posted in abc's thread is because he didnt do well with robo smoke against me and he said it would work on a deaf person when hes invisible. But that apparently didnt work on me. Then you gotta be an ass bout it. How old are you, seriously?

To FILER From Droopy

Is it THAT big of a difference to pretty much make invisibility not even really useful?

Also, How was this written for a guide? Can I have some feedback on the actual guide please :]

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
There are example scenarios brought up that are helpful, wording could use some work in some areas but it's not bad. Even offline, obviously invisibility is a huge help and advantage. You can send false signals to people with body language as well and utilize invis very well, or any moves that this might have obvious signs for. I wouldn't discourage anyone from going invis with Reptile or Robot Smoke in any situation, online, or offline, as it is an important tactic for both.

My points were specifically brought up to diffuse the idea that "hand watching" is gay. On top of the animation reaction time, you also have the "psychic" reaction time. And no, it's not enough to make invis useless at all, but it is a major part of competitive gameplay that is eliminated by not being next to the person playing.

Droopy

Noob
YEAH!

Online play sucks! Online play can't be taken seriously! Only and idiot would take only play seriously! Everyone knows if you are good offline and you lose online it was only because of lag and the other player sucks since they are playing online!

In short, online players suck, online play sucks, and online in general sucks.

RABBBLE RAABBBLLEE RAAAABBBBLLEE RABBLEE RABBBLE

EDIT, droopy wanted me to post this

To FILER From Droopy

With all due respect to abc's thread...FUCK YOU. You want to make this shit personal, come down here and play me on a cab. Otherwise, quit bringin up shit that happened in the past. Only reason i posted in abc's thread is because he didnt do well with robo smoke against me and he said it would work on a deaf person when hes invisible. But that apparently didnt work on me. Then you gotta be an ass bout it. How old are you, seriously?
Thanks for answerin that last question for me. Always thought u were 16 but 13 is more like it.

Added alot more and did some MAJOR editing and organizing. I wrote that at 4 am and it shows. I organized sections, took out some parts that didn't make sense, and wrote more for Robo Smoke, Vs Defensive characters, and a Vs Sektor Section.

Long time no posting hehe!! HI EVERYBODY!!

ABC i want to tell you this... if you want please put it on your Thread..

When you play against Robo Smoke or Reptile (When he used Invisibility) there are some factors that you need to pay attention to beat him...

- Pay attention to the SOUND it´s the most important thing in all the game when you see that Smoke Or Reptile are performing this move.
- If you see that the RUN BAR it´s cosuming you know that your opponent are in front depending of where he use Inv you could know where´s him, off course you need to see the RUNBAR and pay attention to the sound because your opp can just press the RUN and just stop or jump (you can hear when he jump) so pay attention to it.
- if you hear steps (Against reptile) there are only one move that sound like steps and is: B, F+LK so you can block it and fuck him.
- The sound of the teleport of Smoke is so easy to hear so same as the "Dash" of reptile.
- See the screen to "semi-Guess" where he could be and follow the "tips" i said before (Runbar, Jumps etc...)

This and many others things (Which i can´t remember right now) are good against this two players...=)

Note: If you´re playing MKT/UMK3 without sound you´ll be hard to be found (If you´re Robo Smoke or Reptile) because the best way to find those chars when they use invisibility is hear everything on the game... (now im gandalf the gray!)

When i play against those chars i just use my ear to fight...!

Please feel free to copy this and put it on your post (the first page) if you want =)

Off Topic: thanks Phoenix and Kaiba for put us on your "Tier Player List" hehe... on the thread in the graveyard called "Who are the best players" by "Longislandmk"

Long time no posting hehe!! HI EVERYBODY!!

ABC i want to tell you this... if you want please put it on your Thread..

When you play against Robo Smoke or Reptile (When he used Invisibility) there are some factors that you need to pay attention to beat him...

- Pay attention to the SOUND it´s the most important thing in all the game when you see that Smoke Or Reptile are performing this move.
- If you see that the RUN BAR it´s cosuming you know that your opponent are in front depending of where he use Inv you could know where´s him, off course you need to see the RUNBAR and pay attention to the sound because your opp can just press the RUN and just stop or jump (you can hear when he jump) so pay attention to it.
- if you hear steps (Against reptile) there are only one move that sound like steps and is: B, F+LK so you can block it and fuck him.
- The sound of the teleport of Smoke is so easy to hear so same as the "Dash" of reptile.
- See the screen to "semi-Guess" where he could be and follow the "tips" i said before (Runbar, Jumps etc...)

This and many others things (Which i can´t remember right now) are good against this two players...=)

Note: If you´re playing MKT/UMK3 without sound you´ll be hard to be found (If you´re Robo Smoke or Reptile) because the best way to find those chars when they use invisibility is hear everything on the game... (now im gandalf the gray!)

When i play against those chars i just use my ear to fight...!

Please feel free to copy this and put it on your post (the first page) if you want =)

Off Topic: thanks Phoenix and Kaiba for put us on your "Tier Player List" hehe... on the thread in the graveyard called "Who are the best players" by "Longislandmk"
Yea I'll condense it and add it in my own words. Thanks man.

Any juggles where you can turn invisible in the middle of a juggle? I know smoke can go invisible for free after his spear has landed, just wondering if there are any other combos/juggles like that?

dreemernj

Ambassador
Any juggles where you can turn invisible in the middle of a juggle? I know smoke can go invisible for free after his spear has landed, just wondering if there are any other combos/juggles like that?
Smoke vs Jax you can get a free invisibility after aaHP,HP and still get a spear afterwards. Not sure what other characters, if any, it works on. And since you can get a free one after the Spear, not really much point.

EDIT: almost forgot. And reptile can get popup, fast ball, invisibility and still get aa HPHP. That might actually useful.

And that goes for mostly anything to do with the forceball. Slow ball, aaHPHP, fast ball, invisibility, leaves you able to get aaHPHP or something else.

Important thing to remember is you recover almost instantly from turning invisible.

EDIT: almost forgot. And reptile can get popup, fast ball, invisibility and still get aa HPHP. That might actually useful.
I've been trying that with stryker and jax, but i've been trying to do it during the infinite, which is impossible.

That would be very useful, and I didn't even think about doing it your way. And also with the forceballs, I always just stand there when I can easily go invis.

dreemernj

Ambassador
yeah, I don't think you can do the invis and still do a ton of reps of the dash combo, but depending on how likely you are to do a lot of damage with those dashes, the invisibility might be better

Going Invis when forceball spamming is really easy and useful for whenever they decide to start rushing and your no longer spamming. I need to add that in there as well. I'll update it with some of what Dreemer said and some of what RZP said.

Jesus, I'll think twice before playin you.
LOL!!! Think more xD

Scheisse: SHUT UP PUTA! Want me to rotate urs?

ABC: would be nice if you ask for put everything together sticked (Dreem, ABC, and RZP RULZ! LOL!) it´s really usefull

I´ll try to make some videos with hanzo for you =)

LOL!!! Think more xD

Scheisse: SHUT UP PUTA! Want me to rotate urs?

ABC: would be nice if you ask for put everything together sticked (Dreem, ABC, and RZP RULZ! LOL!) it´s really usefull

I´ll try to make some videos with hanzo for you =)
Go For it.

I will eventually ask for it to be stickied, but It still needs a little more substance before I even propose it to Shock or Dreemer. I want to make sure it's 100% done. Videos would help immensely.