What's new

A Year of Mortal Kombat X - 2015's Hypest Moments

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
It was a matter of respect, he asked for no shouting and shit, and it wasn't respected. Now I totally understand where he's coming from cause even though it's STILL obnoxious as fuck to hear USAUSA (considering the fact we're outnumbered 1 to 75), I dont give a shit anymore cause I get it, its an American thing, nobody else in any other country does that.
It seemed a little less live at the USA vs. EU in MK9, but those posts about how Americans didn't know how to play the game, or really play Raiden, and weren't playing at the highest level (along with the bevy of posts by lesser known players/viewers about the EU taking over after PL/Wong lost at the ESL Fan invite) sort of got everyone fired up this year.

I figure though, it's a good sign. People don't cheer about things they aren't passionate about -- when you watch a football (soccer) match in Europe or South America, you know those fans are in it 100%.

So we've now reached our new era. Next I'm waiting for 'Brazil! Brazil!' at majors :)

CrimsonShadow

Administrator
Also if the scene continues to expand, and the money is right, maybe more US FGC players will get their chance to fly over for EU tournaments and have the tables turned -- which would be cool.

Imagine the hype for "Sonic Fox invades Europe""

Last edited:

Kitana Prime

Top-tier at everything but the characters I choose
Next time spine rip a motherfucker @Madzin

It was a matter of respect, he asked for no shouting and shit, and it wasn't respected. Now I totally understand where he's coming from cause even though it's STILL obnoxious as fuck to hear USAUSA (considering the fact we're outnumbered 1 to 75), I dont give a shit anymore cause I get it, its an American thing, nobody else in any other country does that. That and I cant remember a time where I've been salty at a tournament, so it doesnt dwell on me as much.

It was basically like a man against the machine moment, or some symbollic bullshit like that
1. I didn't hear him ask for anything, but I'll believe he did (you guys have never given me a reason to believe you arent truthful) and that's cool. Either way, you cant possibly expect anyone to remain quiet (edit - well, 'quiet enough', sufficient for him) because you asked. This is the fgc, the heart is in the intimacy of the players/crowd, close proximity and all. I do however, understand 100% where he was coming from, and personally had I heard him ask, I would restrain myself just a bit.

2. I can definitely agree that USA USA USA can get very annoying, especially being outnumbered a billion to one. I dont even chant it myself. No qualms there.

A F0xy Grampa

Problem X Promotions
1. I didn't hear him ask for anything, but I'll believe he did (you guys have never given me a reason to believe you arent truthful) and that's cool. Either way, you cant possibly expect anyone to remain quiet (edit - well, 'quiet enough', sufficient for him) because you asked. This is the fgc, the heart is in the intimacy of the players/crowd, close proximity and all. I do however, understand 100% where he was coming from, and personally had I heard him ask, I would restrain myself just a bit.

2. I can definitely agree that USA USA USA can get very annoying, especially being outnumbered a billion to one. I dont even chant it myself. No qualms there.
Yeah its just a whatever moment I suppose, at least we got Madzin immoralised in rage

obnoxious as fuck to hear USAUSA (considering the fact we're outnumbered 1 to 75), I dont give a shit anymore cause I get it, its an American thing, nobody else in any other country does that.
omg.. I totally agree. That is the most horrid thing ever. Just makes all the yanks look really terrible. Stlil you do wear a UK flag as a cape.. so jingoism isn't exactly beyond you either :) but that is not nearly as bad as the USA chant.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator
omg.. I totally agree. That is the most horrid thing ever. Just makes all the yanks look really terrible. Stlil you do wear a UK flag as a cape.. so jingoism isn't exactly beyond you either :) but that is not nearly as bad as the USA chant.
I feel like people must not watch or like sports

Last edited: