What's new

A Unique Idea that will help the community.

TakeAChance

TYM White Knight
I was directed to this thread by CitizenSnips and noticed the posts here. Wanted to comment here to make something clear: I am 100% interested in this idea and would be more than willing to contribute however possible. I have an HD PVR (as my Youtube channel will reflect) and a Skype you can find under my name to the left of this post.

However, due to...extreme complications I do not wish to discuss here in public, I don't think I can start right off the bat. I need to first get my situation straightened up as it's really causing a bullshit crisis in my life.

But I assure you all, if you want me to commentate, I am definitely gonna step forward for that position when I'm ready! This'll really spread the influence of MK across the globe! Let's give it the hype it deserves!
No Problem. We all have times when shit just seems to pile up. Let me know when you are ready to record/commentate and I will utilize you right away. You can contact me via this thread or by pm.

aj1701

Noob
I could do some newbie fights. Also I do web apps for a living, so I could do a site if someone graphically oriented directed me. I'm not an artist.

Talyn

The Mad_Hattr
Looks good man, but yea, it is a little shaky (but I am still fine with it if it cannot be fixed) and audio is only coming out of the right channel.
OK, I fixed the shaking and, as for the audio, after you guys brought it up I inspected my cables and it turns out one of my splitters fried. I resolved the issue, should be good to go.

TakeAChance

TYM White Knight
OK, I fixed the shaking and, as for the audio, after you guys brought it up I inspected my cables and it turns out one of my splitters fried. I resolved the issue, should be good to go.

Dude, thats great. When are you free to start recording?

TakeAChance

TYM White Knight
Im free all day. Myself and Admiral have already spoken. Admiral, TheChad and myself are gonna link up around 1pm today for their fight.
that's great man. Pm me when you have their match recorded so I can get the footage. We will have to wait until after Summer jam for thtb and 16bit but milky and lion should be able to get their match recorded as well. Everyone else either needs to pm me so I can arrange recorder for them or get in contact with a recorderthemselves. I may be able to get mine and Jimmys match done today as well.

Ruuku1012

Real Talker
I could do some recording on 360, I think. Unfortunately, I do not have my HD capture device right now so this would be the quality (lowest setting):

I gotta get in this!!!!! Understand if I cannot get in the 1st or 2nd Event as I am late getting on but this awesome. I play on PSN! Mondays are my Fridays so hit me up and let me know whats going on!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TakeAChance

TYM White Knight
I could do some recording on 360, I think. Unfortunately, I do not have my HD capture device right now so this would be the quality (lowest setting):
While the quality is low compared to other recorders we can definitely utilize you when you get your HD device. When do you think that will be?

I gotta get in this!!!!! Understand if I cannot get in the 1st or 2nd Event as I am late getting on but this awesome. I play on PSN! Mondays are my Fridays so hit me up and let me know whats going on!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I will add you to the main post.

Talyn

The Mad_Hattr
that's great man. Pm me when you have their match recorded so I can get the footage. We will have to wait until after Summer jam for thtb and 16bit but milky and lion should be able to get their match recorded as well. Everyone else either needs to pm me so I can arrange recorder for them or get in contact with a recorderthemselves. I may be able to get mine and Jimmys match done today as well.
Hey man, i dont know what happened, but Admiral_Augustus was a no-show. I'm gonna try to get a hold of him so we can reschedule, i just don't know when that'll be yet.

ETC AdmiralAugustus

Grabble Frazzled
Hey man, i dont know what happened, but Admiral_Augustus was a no-show. I'm gonna try to get a hold of him so we can reschedule, i just don't know when that'll be yet.
Hey sorry about the no-show!!!!!! Really am!!!! I got stranded down in Hamilton (45 mins from where I live). I'm back home now, and I'm available all day. Once again, sorry man!

P.S. I added you and chad on psn so I'm ready to go.

TheChad_87

Bad Reputation
Good games to Admiral. Beastly Quan for sure.

But I'm not going to be able to take part in any more of these. I know stuff happens and all, but it would have been better for everyone involved to just reschedule instead of carry on 6 hours late.

I wish you all luck with this and hope there's some organization next round.

TakeAChance

TYM White Knight
Good games to Admiral. Beastly Quan for sure.

But I'm not going to be able to take part in any more of these. I know stuff happens and all, but it would have been better for everyone involved to just reschedule instead of carry on 6 hours late.

I wish you all luck with this and hope there's some organization next round.
Thanks Chad, but you shouldn't take out your frustrations on everyone because of one slip up. **** happens. I am doing the best I can with a half deck of cards at the moment. If you have any suggestions I would be happy to entertain them.

TheChad_87

Bad Reputation
Thanks Chad, but you shouldn't take out your frustrations on everyone because of one slip up. **** happens. I am doing the best I can with a half deck of cards at the moment. If you have any suggestions I would be happy to entertain them.
I'm not "taking frustrations out on" anyone. It is what it is.
I don't mind losing, at all. I have over 1,000 losses. I am, however, very easily irritated with poor planning. I understand things happen. Just not happy with the way it was handled. So, for that reason, count me out on future endeavors unless organization undergoes a MAJOR overhaul.
And my suggestion for you to "entertain" is to get organized schedules and stick to them. And if those schedules are compromised, reschedule. Not just "do it whenever".

Good luck. Hope this works out. The idea is A+, even though my experience with it is D-. ^_^

This may be a personal thing as well, as I'm pretty laid back for the most part; but, like everyone, have my pet peeves.

Everything in this thread is tl;dr, but i'd like to let you guys know i'm down for a game anytime. At least till school starts. Then I'm only available 4pm - 7pm.

Shady

Noob
I'm not "taking frustrations out on" anyone. It is what it is.
I don't mind losing, at all. I have over 1,000 losses. I am, however, very easily irritated with poor planning. I understand things happen. Just not happy with the way it was handled. So, for that reason, count me out on future endeavors unless organization undergoes a MAJOR overhaul.
And my suggestion for you to "entertain" is to get organized schedules and stick to them. And if those schedules are compromised, reschedule. Not just "do it whenever".

Good luck. Hope this works out. The idea is A+, even though my experience with it is D-. ^_^

This may be a personal thing as well, as I'm pretty laid back for the most part; but, like everyone, have my pet peeves.
Okay, first of all, this was a first outing and the first game. Only realistic there would be slip ups. You have to realize that while the idea is good it involves juggling three time schedules for three people, quite possibly in 3 different time zones. It's hard, and considering this is the first time we did it, getting it done on the first day worked out pretty damn well if you ask me. And, the guy did get held up, it's real life, you can't trump that for MK. He was going to be there, something happened within circumstances that needed to be attended and he couldn't make it. It's a reasonable explanation and something that you can perhaps excuse poor planning.

This wasn't exactly raging or anything because hey, I don't like when stuff is disorganized too, you have to give it a little bit more patience man. I mean, we are not only balancing the two combatants here, but also the recorder, which can be tricky. What I would suggest is before making cards, contacting the people on said cards, asking for their schedules for the next week, time zones, etc so you don't put a card together that has no chance in hell of being played. Then throw the time up there and see if you can get a recorder for that time.

Like I said man, from what I've read is that circumstances for the schedule drop were fairly reasonable and valid. If that's all it takes you to quit, well, hopefully you'll come back at some point because this had nothing to do with organization, you guys had the time organized, this was "EXTERNAL CIRCUMSTANCES" and you can't exactly blame Take2, his idea, or anyone for this.