What's new

A Unique Idea that will help the community.

Lord Beef

Death Metal and Trance
Name ideas, all very cliche, I'm just brainstorming with copyrights in mind here so, no flamey prz. :D
- American MK Beatdown(numbered in sequence)
- Great American Throwdown
- BattleGround MK
- Mortal Massacre (numbered)
I'll edit when I have a few more.

-b_s- :headbang:

TakeAChance

TYM White Knight
Name ideas, all very cliche, I'm just brainstorming with copyrights in mind here so, no flamey prz. :D
- BattleGround MK

Hmm Mortal Massacre doesn't sound too bad...anyone else?

Also, we need Match Commentators. Check the main post for details (Under needs). I wonder how much Brady would charge to do it lol.

Lord Beef

Death Metal and Trance
Format idea. You know how in like ufc to intro fights they flash the head to head fighter bio cards. That could be somethin cool to do here. With crazy, arbitrary height/weight/reach numbers on them.

Admiral Augustus
Main- Quan Chi
Height - 7 ft 3
Weight- 2 metric tons
Reach- to hell and back
Style- mix-up your f*ckin face off

VS

Beef Supreme
Main- Sub Zero
Height- Knee High to a Grasshopper
Weight- damp towel
Reach- 8.5" (giggity)
Style- god, I hope this works

TakeAChance

TYM White Knight
Mortal Monday.

Matches take place every weekend, upped the following Monday?
I like. All in favour of Mortal Monday?

Also Shady has very generously agreed to help with Commentary. I will be his partner for now until someone better then me volunteers lol.

But yea, Is everyone cool with Mortal Monday?

I vote UFC Card style intro!

VERY Random Names:
Mortal Horror,
Weekend Kombat,
MK Dismemberment,
Mortal Kombat Klash,
Mortal Kombat Showdown.
~Irish Accent~Just off that top of me head.

Sorry, didn't see above post. Yes, IN FAVOR! :)
~Hound

Altaire

Noob
- BattleGround MK

"Some Guys From TYM Play Mortal Kombat". I smell a summer blockbuster.

Regardless, I'll apply for commentary on either side. I'd like to think I have a pretty clear understanding of the game, from understanding the metagame to a general character knowledge, spanning most of the cast. If there IS going to be commentary, it'd be better to just record the audio over top of the match footage. Doing it via headset is going to require lowering the in-game volume to a whisper so it doesn't drown out the voices, then raise the volume during the editing. Considering the commentary would sound like ass through a 360 headset anyhow, I think it's best to just record it afterwards.

...That, and I have a $250 condenser mic I use to record vocals, so I could easily just use that and everything would sound crystal fucking clear.

redeyes

Button Masher
I like. All in favour of Mortal Monday?

Also Shady has very generously agreed to help with Commentary. I will be his partner for now until someone better then me volunteers lol.

But yea, Is everyone cool with Mortal Monday?
ill help commentary too! if its over skype.

TakeAChance

TYM White Knight

Regardless, I'll apply for commentary on either side. I'd like to think I have a pretty clear understanding of the game, from understanding the metagame to a general character knowledge, spanning most of the cast. If there IS going to be commentary, it'd be better to just record the audio over top of the match footage. Doing it via headset is going to require lowering the in-game volume to a whisper so it doesn't drown out the voices, then raise the volume during the editing. Considering the commentary would sound like ass through a 360 headset anyhow, I think it's best to just record it afterwards.

...That, and I have a $250 condenser mic I use to record vocals, so I could easily just use that and everything would sound crystal fucking clear.
that sounds great Altaire. Two questions tho. 1) Can you commit to a recording schedule? And 2) Can you work with Shady :-P

If you can commit to a schedule you can have my spot for commentating. I also smell a future special match....battle of the commentators. Winner gets to dub the match with their commentary :-P

ok that should take care of commentators. We still need some recorders and some high profile names. K7 and shady help and milky and lion will probably be on board but no direct confirmation from them yet.

Lord Beef

Death Metal and Trance

I was just thinking about that. Plus it can eliminate gaffs on the Mic. Those commentating can do multiple takes to ensure that naming the right strings and what not is guaranteed. Plus it will help with consistancy with respect to any other audio recorded in post. (player intros, event intro, promo vids etc)

Lord Beef

Death Metal and Trance
that sounds great Altaire. Two questions tho. 1) Can you commit to a recording schedule? And 2) Can you work with Shady :-P

If you can commit to a schedule you can have my spot for commentating. I also smell a future special match....battle of the commentators. Winner gets to dub the match with their commentary :-P

ok that should take care of commentators. We still need some recorders and some high profile names. K7 and shady help and milky and lion will probably be on board but no direct confirmation from them yet.
Maybe some AU or Crazy 88 guys. I'm sure they'd like to bring more exposure to their respective clans.

TakeAChance

TYM White Knight
I have no idea how to reach out to them tho.. Also I want to avoid a clan fight haha. Seriously if a couple more pieces fall into place I could have a fight card up within the next few days. We need recorders and notable people badly. Also if anyone does have a recorder here they should go into model viewer in the game and record 360 rotational shots of each character...I really like the idea of a mock tale of the tape.

CitizenSnips

A seldom used crab named Lucky. AKA Citizen Snips.
If we're talking clans then I'm gonna have to throw in the (not really a clan but I don't care) Justice League:

Milky
Lion
Shady
Snips
K7
War Mouse
Grim
Lady

Also I am a huge MMA fan and if anyone else is a MMA/UFC fan then this intro parody is epic and something we should try to make:

Altaire

Noob

I can commit to a recording schedule. If it's going to be two commentators via Skype, I should actually be able to record both sides and send the file to whomever records the footage. The only issue with this is that every match will effectively have to be uploaded twice, since we'll have to see the match to commentate in the first place. The best way to go about this is for the uploader to put the raw footage on Youtube and leave it unlisted, so the only way to view it is with the link. I'll be able to do my thing, record the commentary track and send it to him so he can add it to the final video, then upload it for all to see.

Be warned though, I have a job, and I have a life. I may not always be free every sunday night, but I WILL be free at some point during every weekend. If this is to be uploaded on mondays, the best bet is to record it on friday or saturday if possible, which gives everyone enough time to work something out. That gives the commentators enough room to find a common time to record, and it gives the uploader(s) enough room to do any video editing required.

Also, I recommend this guy for the video capture:

His GT on Xbox Live is Wile E Jaguar. If we run out of better ideas, it couldn't hurt to ask him. That said, I think it'd be ideal if someone with both systems took care of the video capture, if only for the sake of consistency. It'd be a lot easier to coordinate with one less party to account for, anyhow.

Shady

Noob
Shady and Altair on commentary - FUCKING EPIC! Make it happen plzzz!
If our experiences in the party are any indication, it will be him talking for the most part, saying "anyway" a lot when I say something and me definitely going, "can you just stfu for a second" at least once a match. :). Entertainment at it's finest.

CitizenSnips

A seldom used crab named Lucky. AKA Citizen Snips.
Also I just want to make a comment about who should commentate.

IMO there should be a guy who really knows what's going on and can explain pretty much what's going on all the time, but we also need a guy who can sort of ask questions/play dumb. This way they can dictate how the commentary goes and can be much smoother

This way it isn't a situation where two guys are overtalking eachother or arguing about what is happening. Not saying only one guy can be the "smart" one but it would be lame if there is arguing or one guy talking the whole time

Shady

Noob
it would be lame if there is arguing or one guy talking the whole time
I have just so many things to say about that considering that two people who are commentating. We would at least need to place some sort of a limit on the amount of times he is allowed to say "ANYWAY." Just saying. Two per broadcast, tops.

I agree with that kind of format your proposed, but like, the other guy doesn't have to be entirely dumb, just comfortable enough to take a back seat, and contribute here and there not all the time. Also, while people do analyze the match, I feel like it would be counter productive from being overly critical and judgmental. Sure, saying "he could have punished that better if he did this or that" is cool, going on a 20 minute rant about that afterwards... Definitely not.

K7L33THA

Grapple > Footsies
I have just so many things to say about that considering that two people who are commentating. We would at least need to place some sort of a limit on the amount of times he is allowed to say "ANYWAY." Just saying. Two per broadcast, tops.

I agree with that kind of format your proposed, but like, the other guy doesn't have to be entirely dumb, just comfortable enough to take a back seat, and contribute here and there not all the time. Also, while people do analyze the match, I feel like it would be counter productive from being overly critical and judgmental. Sure, saying "he could have punished that better if he did this or that" is cool, going on a 20 minute rant about that afterwards... Definitely not.
lol Epic Troll POST!