What's new

A sincere confession to the community (and apology)

REO

Undead
Guys, I apologize for over hyping MMH. Truth is, he's not as good as many currently see him to be after all the pumping up. MMH is just another top tier character in Injustice. He may not even be the best character in the game. MMH also probably has some losing match ups. I may have highly exaggerated him to the point where some believe he is now a problem for the game.

Some of you are probably going "Well why did you do it then?" "What was the point?" I thought it would be fun. And it felt like this community was missing those "This character is the best in the game, prepare your anus" hype and suspense threads like we used to once have. Truth is, I seriously miss those kind of threads and wish they didn't become a thing of the past. I just felt like it was needed to liven up the place and bring more excitement. But then I thought about it as a player from outside the community, how they see it, and other different perspectives. And it's given me a change of heart.

I realized creating threads that do nothing but express the context of "This character is the best" do nothing positive for the community or the game. It makes players have a false perception of the game which can lead to losing value in it's longevity or potential to attract more players. See MK9 and how players who weren't even there to really play the game call it a one character game or "Nothing, but a Kabal fest" as examples. It also limits the attention other characters in the cast need to recieve. Why bother working hard to unlock another character's potential when there is a character above them all labeled as "The best".

I'm making this thread to say I'm sorry for getting all your hopes up and being the lead cause of this MMH drama. I was never even planning to attend NEC, and many players behind the scene knew about this. They just kept quiet and let my trolling go unscathed. The last thing I want to do is affect the game in a negative manner and possibly cause the Scorpion issue of 2013 to reoccur. I know some of you are probably pissed and want me to just leave the forums and never come back. I have no problem doing that as I don't plan to post much or be involved in any game play discussions any longer.

Last edited:

Glass Sword

Nobody
Well thanks for the confession R.E.O. Like I said in the other thread we will see how match ups turn out.
Martian defiantly is one of the best characters. He is a nightmare for certain characters and will be a strong presence in tournaments. I know I have to play the matchup suicidely with Raven in order to win, but it is definitely not her worse. (I hate the character online however I am free to some shannagins which I can block offline easily.)
I also believe this game is not quite as balanced as we think it is and their are some really fucked up match ups for some of the characters. That said this game is not as bad as MK9. We just have some fucked up designs for the characters, but there are multiple fucked up designs and their are more universal options.

GGA Saucy Jack

The artist formerly known as ImNewbieSauce
I am going to choose to believe he is being serious, and that this is not a reverse troll. Perhaps im the naive one. Either way, props for REO if he is serious. And we can now move on from being emo and play the game.

And by we, I mean you scrubs. I ain't never been scurred o' no martian. :)

OG Mannimal

OG "OG Mannimal" Mannimal
I'm pretty convinced that this is just an elaborate ploy to make people think MMH isn't broken, therefore people not studying the MU, while having people believe reo will not be at NEC so that he can body everyone free. Checkmate

REO apologizes for saying TRUTH ABOUT MMH ON PODCAST?

I think he may be afraid that NRS might bring down the nerf hammer.

my two cents to NRS on MMH :

1. ) "normalize" the splash damage on the teleport

2.) Add recovery frames to low scoop on block

thats it.

i feel that these minor adjustments would even out a few of the match-ups.

Cossner

King of the Jobbers 2015
Administrator

thats it.

I don't think there'll be another patch, and I don't understand why they never use this magical system they promoted so much in the media about being able to balance shit on the fly.

Spinky

Neutral Skipper

thats it.

NRS have abandoned Injustice now, dude. Like they do with all their games after a few months.