What's new

A Quick Reminder About 3rd Variations by Ed Boon

Gamer68

Fujin!
I would prefer Custom Variations to become competitively legal, but I guess it's good to know that they will still release the 3rd variation like they said. Hopefully it comes sooner than later because I don't really think it would be a good idea to release them when the Kombat Pack is over considering that isn't happening until March next year.

The variation system makes perfect sense. Yes custom variations are nice (love em personally), but they are the long game for MK now. How many abilities did characters have before variations came out? 2? 3? Evening out skill damage could solve that issue, but it takes away from strategy. Building around certain abilities will keep people coming back. Remember we're the minority in the MK gamer world. Little Timmy won't be in the lab perfecting frame traps. Tournaments need limitations to even out the playing field. I want sickle snag and shadow portals more than Jax wants turtle wax for his guns.

xKhaoTik

The Ignore Button Is Free
I always find it funny when people say “I’m not interested” or “no thanks” as if NRS is making the game SPECIFICALLY for them lol. You’re still gonna play it so be quiet.

Plus 3rd variations have been talked about since the beginning. I’m glad it’s finally coming. It’s gonna change the game for sure. Imagine Kitana with upwards fan or low fan and Edenian Twist.

Last edited:

Vhozite

Waiting on SF6
My tin foil hat theory is that this is one of the ways they'll pad the game between characters.

With that in mind i still think we will get custom variations in the future. Even with a third variation there will still be characters with a bunch of interesting shit on the cutting room floor.

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
Friendly reminded that Kabal still has Nomad Spin in one of his tournament variations, a move that is actually useless. So I could give a fuck about NRS trying to make more variations when they've already proven they couldn't handle the first ones.
Seconded.
Most characters have a useless variation and they wanna add a third? Lmao god this game is so mismanaged it’s like they literally don’t care what any of the people want because NRS can’t be this stupid
I blame WB, not NRS. Look at all the triple-A games that have gone wrong in the last few years because the big money didn't give a shit about the people actually developing the game.
It's a shame they can't go the way of Destiny 2 and strike out on their own. I imagine things would be a lot less rushed and sloppy and mismanaged and incomplete if it were just Boon and Co. handling all of this.

This statement applies to any previous or future complaints or ravings I make.

Ermaculate_Slim

We are Many but we didnt make MK11 not one
Aint no tellin when that will happen prolly not till the KP is done.So we lookin at maybe may or june 2020.

Sanjo

Noob
This idea of creating a lot of moves and then pick some to build tournament variations is genius. On the other hand, playing using "savage" kustom variations reminds me of SF rainbow edition : not for real competitor, just to goof around. Luckily, NRS delivered both options... but people always complain anyway...

Thingy

Retired account
This is hype. A third variation would add much needed freshness to this game in the future. Hopefully they do this after all the KP1 characters are released.