What's new

a problem or not a problem

need to be fix or not

• Total voters
I vote off with Riu's head for showing the enemy our weakness.:facepalm:
lmao

i am sorry but i had to do it . . . do not blame me blame tom brady for it because on one of the stream he said '' i do not know why riu48 doesn't cancel MS and go for a block string'' or something like that . . . well this is why

but it is ok elLesSDee our girl can compete
''let the world know our weakness and be taken by surprise by our strength'' by riu48 ;)

NariTuba

disMember
the biggest problem is that all of her strings that combo you can jump out of them or combo her out of it fallowing the same rule block duck the first hit then stand and combo no matter what she is doing ''
First of all let me tell you I think you are a GREAT player! loved you matches with Brady on stream and on the tourney, really great stuff man. I would like to ask you a question with all due respect.

Lets say it gets to the point where all great players can combo Sonya on reaction as soon as the first hit comes out by following the rule you posted. Wouldnt this open mixup possibilities? Cant you use the fact they will try to interrupt to your advantage? Lets say instead of doing 1,1,4, you go 1,1, d4; wouldnt this catch them if they try to stand and combo you while keeping your advantage? A mix of this and other normals + specials + throw would perhaps make the opp respect you to the point where they dont attempt it anymore? Maybe she cant poke with strings and chip into hit confirm like Cage but can drive you nuts with small pokes as she dares you to interrupt... she would be much riskier but maybe playable... what do you think?

PS: Thanks for the video Riu48, well researched and very useful for all!

Noserfatu

My eyes! The goggles do nothing!
I think its bs that she can be full combo'd mid string and it should be fixed. I'm fine with people being pokeor uppercutted out of certain strings but this is crossing the line. To those who say its a mixup opportunity, you know what's better than a mixup opportunity? A guarantee that my normal string on my rush down character won't be interrupted by a full combo on reaction. I'm really enjoying Sonya, she is a lot of fun, but if I was playing the game for cash like many do, this is another reason to pick Lao, reptile and kabal for competition.

STORMS

Co-founder
Founder
Premium Supporter
But how are they gonna fix that? By making her cartwheel and 4 have faster start up? Or by increasing blockstun on the first hits?
This sounds like a "game" fix and by that I'm talking MK10. Ultimate Mortal Kombat 9... I'm so sorry...

First of all let me tell you I think you are a GREAT player! loved you matches with Brady on stream and on the tourney, really great stuff man. I would like to ask you a question with all due respect.

Lets say it gets to the point where all great players can combo Sonya on reaction as soon as the first hit comes out by following the rule you posted. Wouldnt this open mixup possibilities? Cant you use the fact they will try to interrupt to your advantage? Lets say instead of doing 1,1,4, you go 1,1, d4; wouldnt this catch them if they try to stand and combo you while keeping your advantage? A mix of this and other normals + specials + throw would perhaps make the opp respect you to the point where they dont attempt it anymore? Maybe she cant poke with strings and chip into hit confirm like Cage but can drive you nuts with small pokes as she dares you to interrupt... she would be much riskier but maybe playable... what do you think?

PS: Thanks for the video Riu48, well researched and very useful for all!
thank you for the kid words

yes you are right if you guess your opponent will try to combo you between lets say 312 you can do 3df3 and if they are in '' i have a plan mode'' and not on '' i am reacting mode'' they will stop holding block and get hit by df4 but only players who are not reacting to what you are doing and they are only playing with a plan in their mind will get hit by bf3 because you can see df3 coming and keep holding block . . . however beleave it or not most player out there play in ''plan mode'' so it would work against many

now here is the down side of this

you have to commit to (31 or 3df3) (1df3 or 114 or ) because you can not hit confirm 3 and then do 1 or hit confirm 1 and then do 14 you have to commit to one of this . . . the problem with not been able to hit confirm this strings is that neither 3 , 1 or 2 combo to df3 and if you hit them with 3 , 1 or 2 and then go for df3 your opponent can block the df3 after he was hit by 3 , 1 or 2 and you just lost a combo and now your opponent has the advantage over you because df3 is at negative frames on block.

so here are some scenarios you will find yourself in

1) he block your 3df3 and you are now at negative frames
2) he got hit by 3 but block the df3 beacause it does not combo and you are now at negative frames
3) you did 312 because you though he was not going to block and he did duck block now you are eating a full combo
4) you guess right and he did not block 31 now you can do some damage on him

out of this scenarios none it is good for a rushdown game

i am still testing stuff that i am not ready to talk about yet but i like to think there is a way round everything my problem with this is that sonya was build to be a rushdown character and i rush down character should not have this problems

GNG Iniquity

#bufftaquito #punchwalk #whiffycage
I love how we've stopped finding new tech, but we're finding new glitches and bugs!

Bravo, NRS! Bravo! Sonya's not looking too good anymore...

21 is fine. it jails when blocked standing then w/a MS cancel provides and uninterruptable MS attack. to get any hit of 21 to wiff it must be defended in crouch which frees up f4 into a safe jump.

PND_Mustard

"More stealthful than the night"
Premium Supporter
being poked out of it with normals is nothing new as others have stated many characters suffer from this too, i DO think however, that being able to jump out and hit her from a jip is a bit much though.

21 is fine. it jails when blocked standing then w/a MS cancel provides and uninterruptable MS attack. to get any hit of 21 to wiff it must be defended in crouch which frees up f4 into a safe jump.

how hard is it to see f4 coming and stand block? or how hard it is to just poke as soon as you see sonya close to you because 21 does not hit crouching opponent who are not blocking? well i guess you always have 4df3 to keep people away from mashing d1 but 4df4 is interrupt by d1 for a full combo or you can just jump out of it

you can elso see f4 coming and interrupt it with a d1 if you are waiting for it and get a combo after the d1 because she is airbonded.

Husteen

Noob.
don't know if this has been mentioned yet but are you sure that doesn't only happen on johnny cage? and maybe mileena, kitana, reptile, and quan chi? - the low hitbox characters.
maybe that's just supposed to be a weakness sonya has because she was meant to just keep hitting you.
one thing i hate is when i teleport with rain and use his 1, 2, F4 combo and my opponent releases block and uppercuts me =/

shura30

Shura
noticed this while picking up sonya the other day
glad it's already discussed

btw how hard is to watch for air to ground then crouch without blocking?
i mean with a decent matchup experience sonya's upclose game could be 100% useless

even if it is unpractical, there's always the stance/special afterwards that can be interrupted/comboed/jumped like it's shown in the video

if so, her lack of blockstrings (b21f2 isn't that much reliable if you're able to crouch and escape her other options) IS a problem in the long run competition
as for now i think sonya is a surprise character because you don't see her often but if no patch will come out her effectiveness will drop with time

noticed this while picking up sonya the other day
glad it's already discussed

btw how hard is to watch for air to ground then crouch without blocking?
i mean with a decent matchup experience sonya's upclose game could be 100% useless

even if it is unpractical, there's always the stance/special afterwards that can be interrupted/comboed/jumped like it's shown in the video

if so, her lack of blockstrings (b21f2 isn't that much reliable if you're able to crouch and escape her other options) IS a problem in the long run competition
as for now i think sonya is a surprise character because you don't see her often but if no patch will come out her effectiveness will drop with time
i been discovering a lot of new tech which counter all of this i post in the video she will be just find in the future however she will be one of the hardest character to pickup and play

I think she is by far the hardest character to pick up and play. I can't think of any other character that requires execution like her.