What's new

A new Unreal Tournament confirmed.

AZ MotherBrain

If you believe enough, -7 could be +7
http://www.forbes.com/sites/jasonevangelho/2014/05/08/new-unreal-tournament-will-be-free-crowd-sourced-and-include-support-for-oculus-and-project-morpheus/

Today, Epic games has confirmed that Unreal Tournament is indeed going to be brought back to life.
UT will be released on PC, MAC, and Linux. Also, UT will be completely free, not free to play, as in no microtransactions. Epic games also plans on teaming up with actual fans and committed players to make sure UT will be balanced, along with going over system mechanics and art style, etc.

I'm very stoked to hear this. i have been looking forward to getting into a new shooter and i have been a fan of the series for years.

Anybody else happy to see UT coming back and do any of you plan on "playing it?"

AssassiN

Noob
Been waiting a very long time for a new UT and they have taken a new interesting approach by developing an open-source game.
I just hope the community will be big and supportive enough.

Sami

Noob
For FPS I always prefered Quake 1/3. My favourite Unreal game was actually Unreal Championship 2 on the original Xbox - switched it to third person, added wall runs and other acrobatics, had viable melee and as it was published by Midway featured a certain guest character...

I'm sure UT4 will be a great game and I'm bound to pick it up as Quake has kinda stagnated, but I'd be lying if I said that I would be more excited for UC3 :'(

EdFig81

Original OBS mbr/VSM/G4S
Please fix the fucked up hit boxes from the last unreal engine besides mk 9 u can see it in batman and other unreal engine games. Do that and god bless ure new Lil engine epic

champdee

Noob
i am godlike at fpses on the pc, if i had a good pc i would cum on all of you
lol i dunno.. UT is my shit :) (love mk and inj though) It's weird.. a lot of oldschool fps players went to fighting games after the whole console bs I remember playing halo the first time with no keyboard and mouse and was like wtff..... fg's and ut shooters are the shit.. gears of war was the only third/fps that works "ok" enough on a pad for me.

Then getting gow1 for pc I was like damn, na man,.. next gen needs kb and m support.

champdee

Noob
Please fix the fucked up hit boxes from the last unreal engine besides mk 9 u can see it in batman and other unreal engine games. Do that and god bless ure new Lil engine epic
Would be nice for sure yeah, all and all mk and injustice are still awesome though.

champdee

Noob
Hope this will play fast like UT2k4 , i miss fast paced arena shooters.

#Kreygasm

2k4 was so dope... doing double jump, double dodges, wall dodges.... ut3 I like a lot. though too.. its like ut99 meets 2k4.. it's pretty damn awesome I still play, I gotta install 2k4, got ut99 and ut3 installed hmu if anyone wants to play I'm champdee in ut3 send me a friend request (pc) or hmu here.

UT2004 was like... hands down my favorite shooter of all time. There were so many mods for it on PC, I sure as hell hope it's better than Unreal Tournament 3 though...

K7L33THA

Grapple > Footsies
I am super stoked to hear UT is coming back. UT is probably my second favorite series next to MK. Played religiously since 99. BUT one thing that worries me about this announcement is this whole "free" model. Like I want a full game. Not some app for user made stuff. I'd like to see it hit consoles too, a UE4 spec PC won't come cheap :(

Did anyone ever play Unreal Championship 2? That game was sick, and had Raiden!
Yup. Played clan wars til the day it went offline. Great game.

lol i dunno.. UT is my shit :) (love mk and inj though) It's weird.. a lot of oldschool fps players went to fighting games after the whole console bs I remember playing halo the first time with no keyboard and mouse and was like wtff..... fg's and ut shooters are the shit.. gears of war was the only third/fps that works "ok" enough on a pad for me.

Then getting gow1 for pc I was like damn, na man,.. next gen needs kb and m support.

i was i hairline and team meltdown away from being in the counter-strike pro league, my reflexes were godlike in quake 3, i'd beat superior players as soon as i captured railgun on certain maps. I'd string 12/14 hits in a row.

pc gaming is eons beyond the consoles