What's new

Question - Sub-Zero A New Sub-Zero?

I don't even care. He looks like a badass. Is it just me or do they come up with the best costumes for sub? I remember loving his deception outfit a lot, with the fur on the shoulders. Kill him all you want boon, the man goes out in style...

Well, Kuai Liang. He is subzero.Period.
Bi han was subzero only in MK:MSZ and MK1.He was just a minion Lin Kuei member only loyal to the grandmaster, never developed. After that, he transformed to Noob Saibot. A different and special character, with his own personality which was much more developed.

Kuai Liang's personality evolved very much, beginning as an assassin, then becoming Raiden's trusted choice, then The leader of the new Lin Kuei, training them to serve the good and light… Much more interesting, much more catchy, as Kuai Liang serves the archetype of the Hero who leaves the shadows to help the protagonists.

Cyber subzero: Joke
Frost as New Subzero: a worse joke.
New sub-zero: Maybe interesting, but it will disappoint a shitload of fans I think.

Playwise now (which is much more important)This new or resurrected subzero should get a better treat. Slightly faster, better normals, better wake ups, stop the ground ice of being useless, and of course better chances against tough zoners.

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
Id say scorpions new look is actually more inspired by mk 1 and jim lees injustice scorpion, not so much ac. Enzios look has way more garments.

Elder gods man. Doesn't matter that he doesn't have a body, they resurrected/restored the Shirai Ryu in MKA as zombies as well, he's probably just undead now.
Actually, that was Scorpion who did that in MKA's ending for him he defeated Blaze and took his new found power and resurrected his clan, family to hunt down Quan-Chi.

However, in MK 9 Raiden tells Scorpion "if he spares Sub-Zero, he'll see to it the Elder Gods return his family and clan to the realm of living" meaning clearly the EG can do such and would have by Raiden's request, but Scorpion being Scorpion let QC bait him into believing bs story and let his rage get the best of him, killing Bi-Han(even though Bi-Han was innocent lol)

MK 9 Raiden tells Scorpion his clan will be resurrected so long as he spares Sub-Zero's life:

Last edited:

TaffyMeat

Infinite Meter Kombos
I heard this from a guy in my scene: @Starscream138 "I have a theory about sub zero. Remember in MK DA scorpion was thrown into a soulnado in his ending. He was brought into the heavens and made champion of the elder gods. Well maybe because Noob was thrown into the soulnado instead in MK9's story mode he took Scorpion's place as champion and they restored him to being Sub Zero. Scorpion took noob's place by staying at quan chi's side"

Pretty good theory I'd say
I once asked John Vogel if Zebron is The Champion of The Elder Gods. My opinion is that sub-zero from mkx trailer is Bi-Han because what I saw was sub-zero mk9 main costume with noob saibot mk9 alternate head and wristbands.

its zomby sub hes too grey in the trailer
noobs soul belongs to quan chi , so the soulnado didnt do shit to him
scorp is the main hero of mkx , everyone has been captured / zombified so hes just been recruited by the elder gods to clean house
Sub was pretty pale in every game pre MK9.Being really cold does that.