What's new

Question - Sub-Zero A New Sub-Zero?

Idk but I can't help but think this sub zero in MKX is a totally new one from Bi Han or his brother...What do u guys think? I think its a reason they chose for his mask to come off at the end of the trailer.

Most ppl think that they are not continuing with the story from MK9, and I for one think that it may and may not be true..I remember watching an interview last week where an interviewer asked boon was MK9 a reboot. And boon replied that the series wasn't more so a reboot but a reimagining of the series from the events of MK2 and 3, stemming from Armaggedon.

Idk but I can't help but think this sub zero in MKX is a totally new one from Bi Han or his brother...What do u guys think? I think its a reason they chose for his mask to come off at the end of the trailer.

Most ppl think that they are not continuing with the story from MK9, and I for one think that it may and may not be true..I remember watching an interview last week where an interviewer asked boon was MK9 a reboot. And boon replied that the series wasn't more so a reboot but a reimagining of the series from the events of MK2 and 3, stemming from Armaggedon.
Calling it, it's the father.

KH_Seraph

ҜømbÄŦ Ħøu&Ŧøπ
This is probably another reboot or reimagining. Scorpion ' s clothing style is extremely different and very obviously inspired by Assassins Creed.

GOL Eklectic

Surrender, it's over.
I heard this from a guy in my scene: @Starscream138 "I have a theory about sub zero. Remember in MK DA scorpion was thrown into a soulnado in his ending. He was brought into the heavens and made champion of the elder gods. Well maybe because Noob was thrown into the soulnado instead in MK9's story mode he took Scorpion's place as champion and they restored him to being Sub Zero. Scorpion took noob's place by staying at quan chi's side"

Pretty good theory I'd say

Subby Z

Noob
I heard this from a guy in my scene: @Starscream138 "I have a theory about sub zero. Remember in MK DA scorpion was thrown into a soulnado in his ending. He was brought into the heavens and made champion of the elder gods. Well maybe because Noob was thrown into the soulnado instead in MK9's story mode he took Scorpion's place as champion and they restored him to being Sub Zero. Scorpion took noob's place by staying at quan chi's side"

Pretty good theory I'd say
This is a bad theory. B.A.D. It's copying and pasting a story from one character to the next. How lazy can you be.

Personally, I say that either sareena helps free Kuai somehow or Quan Chi restores Kuai Liang to his former self to keep Scorpion in check from defecting.

That's not my theory (heard it somewhere else) but it seems plausible to me.

ZigZag

That Welsh Guy
I think this is a completely solid theory and Point to bring up!
but at the same time Sub Zero & Scorpion are the Mascots of the Game so without them in the game you've essentially got SF with no Ryu or Ken you know?
The Trailer had to be those 2 fighting and no one else because they are iconic to the series!

They will both be in the game but whether this is a different Sub Zero (Which I really like the idea of) or whether they're not continuing the story onward and it's one of the two brothers, or if they are continuing the story but Sub Zero is dead and they purely used him because the game needs him to help the series be what it is.

SZSR

Noob
This is a bad theory. B.A.D. It's copying and pasting a story from one character to the next. How lazy can you be.

Personally, I say that either sareena helps free Kuai somehow or Quan Chi restores Kuai Liang to his former self to keep Scorpion in check from defecting.

That's not my theory (heard it somewhere else) but it seems plausible to me.
It makes sense though story-wise.

ZigZag

That Welsh Guy
Actually Ed Boon has already confirmed the story will be a mixture of a new story and a continuation of the MK9 story.
This is likely to mean a new story that we've never seen in the timeline (With the continuation of who was left alive from MK9).

But it is still vague at best.

Subby Z

Noob
It makes sense though story-wise.
How so?

Vogel has ALREADY tweeted that death basically doesn't mean characters will stay gone. The last time we seen SUB-ZERO he was dead in the netherrealm . He didn't magically stop being Sub-Zero. Bi-Han was transformed into a new being when he died named Noob Saibot because he had no earthly body left.

He was still Noob Saibot the last time we seen him too. Ya know his ending even hinted that he would interact with Havik. I think it's more plausible that Noob ends up in Chaosrealm via the soulnado. Meanwhile Quan Chi resurrects Sub-Zero. Who also doesn't have a body left anymore.

SZSR

Noob
How so?

Vogel has ALREADY tweeted that death basically doesn't mean characters will stay gone. The last time we seen SUB-ZERO he was dead in the netherrealm . He didn't magically stop being Sub-Zero. Bi-Han was transformed into a new being when he died named Noob Saibot because he had no earthly body left.

He was still Noob Saibot the last time we seen him too. Ya know his ending even hinted that he would interact with Havik. I think it's more plausible that Noob ends up in Chaosrealm via the soulnado. Meanwhile Quan Chi resurrects Sub-Zero. Who also doesn't have a body left anymore.
Elder gods man. Doesn't matter that he doesn't have a body, they resurrected/restored the Shirai Ryu in MKA as zombies as well, he's probably just undead now.

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!
I'm pretty sure they'll shed some light on him next week, but personally, his demeanour seems way too... off, to be Kuai Liang.

Subby Z

Noob
Elder gods man. Doesn't matter that he doesn't have a body, they resurrected/restored the Shirai Ryu in MKA as zombies as well, he's probably just undead now.
Yeah but Quan Chi is a necromancer who can raise the dead.lol. Who does he have in his control? Kuai Liang. How easy would it be for him to just be like yep, I will restore you to life if you keep an eye on Scorpion. It would be so simple. Plus Kuai Liang NEVER stopped being Sub-Zero. Bi-Han did. He's been Noob Saibot since 2005. Damn near 10 years now. Kuai Liang has been Sub-Zero since 1993. So he's been Sub-Zero a massive 21 years now.

Also to the person who said his demeanor looks too off to be Kuai Liang? Like you can read a personality from a damn trailer.

If anything I could say he unmasked in the trailer (a trait of Kuai Liang) so it's definitely KuainLiang. I could also say he has cryomancer eyes. Something that showed up when Kuai Liang's powers were enhanced. I mean seriously. It's a trailer. You can't tell a demeanor from a trailer.

SZSR

Noob
Yeah but Quan Chi is a necromancer who can raise the dead.lol. Who does he have in his control? Kuai Liang. How easy would it be for him to just be like yep, I will restore you to life if you keep an eye on Scorpion. It would be so simple. Plus Kuai Liang NEVER stopped being Sub-Zero. Bi-Han did. He's been Noob Saibot since 2005. Damn near 10 years now. Kuai Liang has been Sub-Zero since 1993. So he's been Sub-Zero a massive 21 years now.

Also to the person who said his demeanor looks too off to be Kuai Liang? Like you can read a personality from a damn trailer.

If anything I could say he unmasked in the trailer (a trait of Kuai Liang) so it's definitely KuainLiang. I could also say he has cryomancer eyes. Something that showed up when Kuai Liang's powers were enhanced. I mean seriously. It's a trailer. You can't tell a demeanor from a trailer.
You could be entirely right, all i'm saying from what we know of the soulnado and involvement of the Elder Gods is that Noob could possibly be resurrected into the Sub-Zero of the trailer.

Could you be right on Sub-Zero the younger? You could be. I saw him as a Cyber Zombie in the Netherrealm when Raiden was treating with Quan Chi to back up the Earthrealmers. You can't exactly retcon that away. I think next week will explain it all, but from right now it's all speculation.

mrKrucifix

Just call me Kruce
Just thinking out loud here, but...

What if they combined Sub-Zero & Cyber Sub-Zero into the same character? Then they could just treat him like they did Sektor & Cyrax in MK9.

Main costume = Robot

Secondary costume = Human

They get the iconic ninja SZ for marketing purposes, and the robot for the sake of continuing the story from MK9.

fr stack

Noob's saibot or noob saibot's?
its zomby sub hes too grey in the trailer
noobs soul belongs to quan chi , so the soulnado didnt do shit to him
scorp is the main hero of mkx , everyone has been captured / zombified so hes just been recruited by the elder gods to clean house

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
How so?

Arcade endings are not canon and usually will have no impact on the story. Those are just for ... funsies... if you will.