What's new

Tech A little TRAIT trick

Crathen

Death is my business
If i really want to get my trait out i usually B1u2 d2 b3 and trait immediately , does 18% and it's safe against a good chunk of wakeups like sinestro fear blast ( might double check it but i'm pretty confident about it ) , it's definately safer than b1u2 d2 b3 32 max height and hitting an AR after it makes up for the optimal combo after b1u2 , tho i still have mixed feelings about this

King Checkmate

uɐlop sı ʎllɐnʇɔɐ
If i really want to get my trait out i usually B1u2 d2 b3 and trait immediately , does 18% and it's safe against a good chunk of wakeups like sinestro fear blast ( might double check it but i'm pretty confident about it ) , it's definately safer than b1u2 d2 b3 32 max height and hitting an AR after it makes up for the optimal combo after b1u2 , tho i still have mixed feelings about this

Well actually after a good test run there is no such thing as a string that grants you 100% coverage against all wakeups. Is just knowing what to use depending on what wakup options the enemy has.

Then again this thread is not necesarily about a 100% safe Trait string, but the fact that you CAN get it active and use it at least once per match or twice, contrary of popular belive that the trait is useless :3

Plus i only have 3 days under my wing with DS so as i keep progresing with him i will be updating this for optimal preformance. Of course the input from more seasoned DS players is always welcome.

Mikman360

Not the Milkman.

What about this?

B1U2, D2, B3, F3, Trait

I just remembered that F3 has a hard knockdown after a bounce is used. It'll certainly do more damage. Honestly, this thread is just a matter of finding the most frame advantageous combo for Deathstroke. I believe this combo is a strong contender.

King Checkmate

uɐlop sı ʎllɐnʇɔɐ
Nice just tested that one and really puts foes down hard....
What about this?

B1U2, D2, B3, F3, Trait

I just remembered that F3 has a hard knockdown after a bounce is used. It'll certainly do more damage. Honestly, this thread is just a matter of finding the most frame advantageous combo for Deathstroke. I believe this combo is a strong contender.

Mikman360

Not the Milkman.
Eh, I just tested it too, but Lex was able to beat it with wakeup Corps Charge even without a roll.

The two earlier combos are probably still more reliable.

Mikman360

Not the Milkman.
Yeah, it's mostly because F3 and B3 aren't special cancellable, unlike D2 and 32. It's best to stick to the original forumla:

B1U2, D2, (B3), 32 xx Trait beats melee wakeups
B1U2, F3, D2 xx Trait beats projectile wakeups

King Checkmate

uɐlop sı ʎllɐnʇɔɐ
Yeah, it's mostly because F3 and B3 aren't special cancellable, unlike D2 and 32. It's best to stick to the original forumla:

B1U2, D2, (B3), 32 xx Trait beats melee wakeups
B1U2, F3, D2 xx Trait beats projectile wakeups

It does work. For example vs flash you only use my original string, you're fine. If you are dealing with say ,sinestro, i use yours. Its just a matter of odds on what your opponent might use....

Mikman360

Not the Milkman.

It does work. For example vs flash you only use my original string, you're fine. If you are dealing with say ,sinestro, i use yours. Its just a matter of odds on what your opponent might use....

Yup, thats exactly how it goes. Flash has no projectiles, so your combo is a guaranteed trait against him (except his super). And my combo nullifies everything Sinestro can do (except his super).

Aside from certain supers, this is pretty legit. Especially considering not everyone will instantly think to tech roll+wakeup all the time against Deathstroke.

EDIT: Wait, I just tested Flash. Tech roll+Wakeup Lightning Charge can hit you before you can block, which is weird because Lex can't even do that. Combo used was B1U2, D2, 32 xx Trait.

King Checkmate

uɐlop sı ʎllɐnʇɔɐ
Yup, thats exactly how it goes. Flash has no projectiles, so your combo is a guaranteed trait against him (except his super). And my combo nullifies everything Sinestro can do (except his super).

Aside from certain supers, this is pretty legit. Especially considering not everyone will instantly think to tech roll+wakeup all the time against Deathstroke.

EDIT: Wait, I just tested Flash. Tech roll+Wakeup Lightning Charge can hit you before you can block, which is weird because Lex can't even do that. Combo used was B1U2, D2, 32 xx Trait.

And especially at the range they are left. Except scorpion Teleport, i actually never see ANYONE trying to roll + wakeup, unless its the CPU in very hard >..> But offline not once someone has tried to pull it off XD