What's new

Tech A little TRAIT trick

You can do whatever you want into 32 into trait. But then, the opponent can quick get up and will be a bit away from you. From there hes already up so he can either jump or eat the gunshots. If he jumps and you know it and AA him, by then the trait is practically done.

I will spit on your tomb!

Mikman360

Not the Milkman.
You can do whatever you want into 32 into trait. But then, the opponent can quick get up and will be a bit away from you. From there hes already up so he can either jump or eat the gunshots. If he jumps and you know it and AA him, by then the trait is practically done.

I will spit on your tomb!

32 isn't the setup. 23 is. 32 is a techable knockdown, 23 is not.

King Checkmate

uɐlop sı ʎllɐnʇɔɐ
Another thing, This thread is about using strings into trait and abusing 132 strings, not about getting a quick shot after Trait , sorry if it looked that way.
(Plus is not like i said you could do Trait~Quick shot XD)

Im gonna test right away (Well as soon as im off work)
which one is more effective if 32 distance or 23 knockdown.

Will edit accordingly. (remember this was made with about only 4 hours of using the character so there might still be some changes needed) - working on it.

King Checkmate

uɐlop sı ʎllɐnʇɔɐ
ok Here it is.
I already tested it vs flash several times. In the BASE Combo b1u2,d2,32~Trait
1st-Yeah he can roll after the 2. But only backwards making it pointless anyways since enemy would be FULL screen
2nd-Lighting charge CAN be clocked
3rd-Flying uppercut will MISS. And leaving opening for a combo.

Its confirmed. Video will be up soon (having camera issues at the moment.)

This is a great find. Trait cancels 32 so quickly. And you can block pretty much every wakeup. I'd much rather block and counter than shoot.

Mikman360

Not the Milkman.
Woooooow I'm stupid. I've been doing 23 instead of 32. That's why I was having negative results.

I just tested roll mode Flash wakeup Flying Uppercut, success.
However, Scorpion set to roll mode wakeup teleport can stop this. Have you been testing with roll mode on?

EDIT: Just tested Raven roll+wakeup Soul Crush, I can't even block.

King Checkmate

uɐlop sı ʎllɐnʇɔɐ
Woooooow I'm stupid. I've been doing 23 instead of 32. That's why I was having negative results.

I just tested roll mode Flash wakeup Flying Uppercut, success.
However, Scorpion set to roll mode wakeup teleport can stop this. Have you been testing with roll mode on?

EDIT: Just tested Raven roll+wakeup Soul Crush, I can't even block.
Ive been testing it with roll mode on, Reversals and all wakeups bro. Then again wakeups are gonna get a twitch so who knows. STILL, while deathstroke's Trait is active an opponent going for a wakeup is rare, and even more at that range...

King Checkmate

uɐlop sı ʎllɐnʇɔɐ
A couple of videos including FLASH are up.
As soon as i have Scorp i will be testing with him.

About raven soul crush. YEAH. I think you are right bro, with wake up roll and soul crush makes her the only char to be able to punish this so far without ultra. Still , your opponent would need quick thinking and deep knowledge of Deathstroke to pull that off.

Mikman360

Not the Milkman.
Just did some testing.
Wakeup roll mode MB Cat Dash also tags DS before he can block.

This tech is good, but we should make a list of things we are NOT completely safe with, just so we know for safety. So far, it seems to be a list consisting of Soul Crush, MB Cat Dash, Scorpion's Teleport, and Kryptonian Crush.

I can help test which others are possibly dangerous. This is good. Do I smell a possible chart coming once the data is gathered DaiHuu?

King Checkmate

uɐlop sı ʎllɐnʇɔɐ
Just did some testing.
Wakeup roll mode MB Cat Dash also tags DS before he can block.

This tech is good, but we should make a list of things we are NOT completely safe with, just so we know for safety. So far, it seems to be a list consisting of Soul Crush, MB Cat Dash, Scorpion's Teleport, and Kryptonian Crush.

I can help test which others are possibly dangerous. This is good. Do I smell a possible chart coming once the data is gathered DaiHuu?
Might be. Thanks for the help.Im still kind of noobish at the game so i miss some stuff. I'll post your stuff right away.

King Checkmate

uɐlop sı ʎllɐnʇɔɐ
No problem, and hey, this is great stuff, keep up the good work.
Ty glad it helped a little. I've been testing it a lot Offline with good players and when i actually do it they even try to run away or duck o they just stand there. I guess if you dont abuse it they never see it coming, PLUS you would need to stumble upon THIS post to know how to counter it XD (except for supes XD).

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
This is the shit I like to see. Labwork! Let's go DS faithfuls!

Mikman360

Not the Milkman.
I'll test out what can beat the original combo, but I've also been messing around with this combo, trying to see if it's just as safe:

B1U2, D2, B3, 32 xx Trait

It seems to have similar knockback and stun. It does more damage and feels like it could work.

King Checkmate

uɐlop sı ʎllɐnʇɔɐ
Good one MikMan360, keep on it and let me know. Its a little more input heavy so casuals might not be able to get it right.But still if it does work out let me know i'll stick it to the main thread, of course all credit to you bro...

Mikman360

Not the Milkman.
So I've been having success with B1U2, D2, B3, Ji3, 32 xx Trait so far. Seems like anything that is safe with B1U2, D2, 32 xx Trait is just as safe with the B3 combo.

Some other things I've found that counter it. Note that these CPUs were set to roll+wakeup:

Batgirl's Smoke Bomb
Harley's Line of Fire
Joker's BANG!
Killer Frost's Iceberg, Endless Whiteout (super), AND Black Ice (seriously, fork this vitch)
Sinestro's Fear Blast and Final Shackles
Aquaman's From the Deep and Trident Toss

It seems like most target projectiles (the ones that just show up on you with no travel time) can hit DS before he recovers if the opponent is smart enough to roll+wakeup. If they don't roll, you're pretty safe.

What saddens me though is that Aquaman's Trident TOSS can hit him. That's a little discouraging if you ask me. That projectile isn't even that fast.

So I conjured up this combo: B1U2, F3, D2 xx Trait

This combo covers the weaknesses of the other combo. How you ask? The first combo you listed seems to be beaten out by roll+wakeup projectiles. However, since it knocks opponents far away, they really can't wake up with a melee special and hit Deathstroke. Flash's Flying Uppercut and Lex Luthor's Corps Charge will miss. So if your opponent is touchy with their invincible melee wakeups, go with that.

However, if they catch on and realize that roll+projectile wakeup is the way to go, you can use the other combo I gave you. This combo doesn't push them as far away, and it can be beat by very fast wakeups (like Lex's Corps Charge), but no projectile I have tested seemed to be able to beat it.

Overall, this is still pretty reliable since not everyone has the mindset to roll+wakeup against DS, and we have 2 options depending on how they wake up.

King Checkmate

uɐlop sı ʎllɐnʇɔɐ
yeah i've been testing stuff with your combo and even if its a little more input heavy its not so bad and it is way more effective than my original combo.I'll edit the original post soon to put up your info. Ty again for the Effort bro.

So I've been having success with B1U2, D2, B3, Ji3, 32 xx Trait so far. Seems like anything that is safe with B1U2, D2, 32 xx Trait is just as safe with the B3 combo.

Some other things I've found that counter it. Note that these CPUs were set to roll+wakeup:

Batgirl's Smoke Bomb
Harley's Line of Fire
Joker's BANG!
Killer Frost's Iceberg, Endless Whiteout (super), AND Black Ice (seriously, fork this vitch)
Sinestro's Fear Blast and Final Shackles
Aquaman's From the Deep and Trident Toss

It seems like most target projectiles (the ones that just show up on you with no travel time) can hit DS before he recovers if the opponent is smart enough to roll+wakeup. If they don't roll, you're pretty safe.

What saddens me though is that Aquaman's Trident TOSS can hit him. That's a little discouraging if you ask me. That projectile isn't even that fast.

So I conjured up this combo: B1U2, F3, D2 xx Trait

This combo covers the weaknesses of the other combo. How you ask? The first combo you listed seems to be beaten out by roll+wakeup projectiles. However, since it knocks opponents far away, they really can't wake up with a melee special and hit Deathstroke. Flash's Flying Uppercut and Lex Luthor's Corps Charge will miss. So if your opponent is touchy with their invincible melee wakeups, go with that.

However, if they catch on and realize that roll+projectile wakeup is the way to go, you can use the other combo I gave you. This combo doesn't push them as far away, and it can be beat by very fast wakeups (like Lex's Corps Charge), but no projectile I have tested seemed to be able to beat it.

Overall, this is still pretty reliable since not everyone has the mindset to roll+wakeup against DS, and we have 2 options depending on how they wake up.

Mikman360

Not the Milkman.
Yeah, just be sure to keep your first combo there too. It's still important.

Your combo = beats melee wakeups
My combo = beats projectile wakeups

King Checkmate

uɐlop sı ʎllɐnʇɔɐ
Yeah, just be sure to keep your first combo there too. It's still important.

Your combo = beats melee wakeups
My combo = beats projectile wakeups
Now we need to stat improviong those 132 unblockable Melee DS combos XD...
I'll do that, as soon as i get home that is >..>