What's new

A Guide to Optimal Kenshi Combo Damage

Under_The_Mayo

Master of Quanculations
While this one (found in your video) builds more meter: F3 2 RK, 3 RK, 3 Flurry, D1 RK, D1 SC
Yes. That combo is listed in the guide under Technical Corner BnB's under the High Yield variations. It's right there. I'll put it here:

"(High-yield variations of Flurry Combos can be used to gain even more meter if you really think you have your timing down. I don't perform these myself, but some people do like them.)

jp, 1 1 4 RK, 3 RK, 3 Flurry, D1 RK, D1 SC - (39%)

jp, F3 2 RK, 3 RK, 3 Flurry, D1 RK, D1 SC - (36%)"

Red Reaper

The Hyrax Whisperer
Yes. That combo is listed in the guide under Technical Corner BnB's under the High Yield variations. It's right there. I'll put it here:

"(High-yield variations of Flurry Combos can be used to gain even more meter if you really think you have your timing down. I don't perform these myself, but some people do like them.)

jp, 1 1 4 RK, 3 RK, 3 Flurry, D1 RK, D1 SC - (39%)

jp, F3 2 RK, 3 RK, 3 Flurry, D1 RK, D1 SC - (36%)"
I stand korrected..

I don't even remember the kombo Chef did..

I'll figure it out.

Corner:
EX SC, d1 RK, 3 RK, 3 TF, d1 SC - 32%

114 RK, 4 TF, 114 SC - 36% (I believe 39% with jip)
Variation: 114 RK, 4 TF, 3 RK, D1 SC - 36%

NJP:
4, RK, F3,2 SC -29%
4, RK, F22B2 -28%

Other than the EX SC combo, these are the ways I've found standing 4 to work into combos, and it does a lot of unscaled damage. Maybe someone else can figure out something more damaging with it.

Under_The_Mayo

Master of Quanculations
Corner:
EX SC, d1 RK, 3 RK, 3 TF, d1 SC - 32%

114 RK, 4 TF, 114 SC - 36% (I believe 39% with jip)
Variation: 114 RK, 4 TF, 3 RK, D1 SC - 36%

NJP:
4, RK, F3,2 SC -29%
4, RK, F22B2 -28%

Other than the EX SC combo, these are the ways I've found standing 4 to work into combos, and it does a lot of unscaled damage. Maybe someone else can figure out something more damaging with it.
I worked with standing 4 for a little, but it`s not worth it for a few reasons.

1. While the corner combos you posted with it take the same amount as the main corner flurry combos already listed, it actually takes a fraction of a percent less damage.

2. The timing is stricter than using the standing 2 juggle into 3 flurry, and since it`s less damage anyway, this leaves it with no benefit.

3. The damage discrepancy is also visible in the NJP midscreen version. Do NJP, 4 RK, F3 2 EX SC and you`ll see that it takes 30%, while NJP 2, 3 RK, F3 2 EX SC takes 31%. So the regular SC versions that both take 29% are actually different by a fraction, with the 2, 3 RK version winning.

4. Both of the NJP combos should be left behind, in my opinion, in favor of the new uppercut reversal combo above that does 31%.

Thanks for posting!

I was toying with kenshi a bit today and (while i'll still need a lot of work to get good with the character in general) i found this:
f22b1 21b2 3RK 3RK 114SC yields 44%
Pig Of The Hut
Under_The_Mayo
Blackula
@anyone that plays kenshi

Oh and with the JIP it's 47% Mayo if you add this to your list add it as a technical one. it's tricky to land the second 3rk and the 114SC sometimes but not too too hard.

killa_solid

Friendly--foe
I was toying with kenshi a bit today and (while i'll still need a lot of work to get good with the character in general) i found this:

Oh and with the JIP it's 47% Mayo if you add this to your list add it as a technical one. it's tricky to land the second 3rk and the 114SC sometimes but not too too hard.
I find if you dash in before you do the second 3rk.. the combo becomes much more reliable to land. Try it and tell me if you feel the same.

I find if you dash in before you do the second 3rk.. the combo becomes much more reliable to land. Try it and tell me if you feel the same.
I'll try it tomorrow, but from what i've found in trying the combo like 2000 times tonight it's dependent on how quickly you do the first half of it. But generally, do you mean that dashing is the exact timing between the 3RKs? if so that's freaking awesome.

EDIT: cant sleep, tried it out, a half dash gets the best results. the problem is that the time you need to press the buttons isnt forgiving at all, but it means you'll never 3RK early. if you full dash you'll miss the 114sc, but a half dash works about 80% of the time or more so far. Thanks killa_solid, that makes this combo at least twice as viable.

Under_The_Mayo

Master of Quanculations
f22b1 21b2 3RK 3RK 114SC yields 44%
Pig Of The Hut
Under_The_Mayo
Blackula
@anyone that plays kenshi

Yeah I`ve played with it before, but I never added it because you can get the same damage result with the flurry version simply by adding a standing 2 juggle, and you build more meter too.

jp F2 2 B1, 2, 2 1 B2, 3 RK, 3 Flurry, D1 SC

Yeah I`ve played with it before, but I never added it because you can get the same damage result with the flurry version simply by adding a standing 2 juggle, and you build more meter too.

jp F2 2 B1, 2, 2 1 B2, 3 RK, 3 Flurry, D1 SC
right, same damage with jp. without jip i'm pretty sure this does more. it's 47% with jip
though i cant catch your combo for some reason

ok, here's my 2 seconds of bitching: I hate that all the combos on this page start with JIP. Kenshi doesnt need to jump almost ever. why wouldnt you record the regular damage which is what's important to know since you're not going to be jumping constantly like a freaking novice?

ok that's all. otherwise thanks for the work on it.

Under_The_Mayo

Master of Quanculations
it's a lower 44% true damage. this is shown when mayos gets 46% with jip mine gets 47%. also mine's easier.
That's not true.. with jp it does 47%.

I just tested the damage damage discrepancy. There is literally a 0.05% difference between the two combos. The non flurry version takes .05% more damage than the flurry version. That's nothing. While the flurry version builds about 4% more meter for the measly 0.05% damage loss.

That's not true.. with jp it does 47%.

I just tested the damage damage discrepancy. There is literally a 0.05% difference between the two combos. The non flurry version takes .05% more damage than the flurry version. That's nothing. While the flurry version builds about 4% more meter for the measly 0.05% damage loss.
i was just going off your numbers, my bad.
d1SC comes out as reflect too much for me, is there a way to make it stop doing that?

Under_The_Mayo

Master of Quanculations
i was just going off your numbers, my bad.
d1SC comes out as reflect too much for me, is there a way to make it stop doing that?
Totally. Since the animation for the flurry is so long, you can be holding down the entire time. And then hit 1 on reaction to the fall and do a quick roll back to forward and hit 2 for the SC.

EGP Wonder_Chef

Official Quan Chi Nerf Demander™
I just don't do the d1

you can do straight shoulder instead

more risky if you drop it, but that's never the part that I drop

EGP Wonder_Chef

Actually nevermind, it's actually not too hard, but it's harder:

NJP > 2 xx Rising Karma > Dash > Backwards Uppercut > F32 xx Shoulder Charge 33%

EGP Wonder_Chef

Also I've been messing around with replacing 3 xx Teleflurry with F22 xx Teleflurry as a combo ender.

Seems like it does the same damage in all situations, plus it has more wall carry.

Also applicable in certain situations like:

NJP > 4 xx Rising Karma > 2 > F22 xx Teleflurry (29%)

where 3 xx TF wouldn't hit.