What's new

Match Footage A Foxy Grandpa in Neutral

Which player would like to see next in the series?

• cR Sonicfox (Kitana)

Votes: 6 10.2%
  • Yomi Slayer

Votes: 10 16.9%
  • cR Dragon

Votes: 1 1.7%
  • Yomi Burgerking

• Yomi Reo

Votes: 16 27.1%
  • Hayatei

• Yomi Saltface

Votes: 9 15.3%
  • Other (please state)

Votes: 5 8.5%
  • Jupiter

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Foxy Grandpa in Neutral

From MK9 to MKX, Foxy Grandpa has always been a strong force in the NRS competitive scene. It should be no surprise, considering at Evo 2011 he placed top 16, eliminating Reo after sustaining a severe head injury. With his most recent placings, Foxy has shown numerous success not only in Europe, winning multiple tournaments both online and offline, but also in the US as well, placing 2nd at Evo 2015 and winning SCR.

The following gifs show Foxy in neutral, as well as pressure and oki situations.

Divekick over instant air fans leading to a conversion

Sick reaction to fan toss with xray

standing 1 to anti-air neutral jump

Use of f2 in neutral

Oki (pressure into throw)

Foxy’s Style of play:
-high pressure, use of throws to put fear in opponent
-no fear in waking up
-solid defense (at times will back off from pressure to let opponent overcommit, then punish)

Top tools used by foxy in neutral (in no particular order)
-jump 2
-f2
-d4 (leading to a throw or continued pressure- commonly used in the opening of the second round)
--run in throw
-orbital hat leading into pressure

Vote for you want next!
With NEC still fresh in our minds, I decided to update the list. I will have gifs of each player in the list below (hopefully). I also kept some names from the previous poll to be fair, but there's not an exact formula for who makes the list.

Can I suggest myself? I beat my dog's girlfriend in MKX 13-0 once and furthermore...

Addition info:
If I made any mistakes on move names, feel free to let me know so I can correct them. Also, I'll attempt to look for better gif sites since I'm on break currently.

Thanks to @Youphemism for the corrections

Throwback thread of players in neutral and what about an NEC in neutral thread?
Soon

Taglist (If you want to be tagged in the next thread, let me know):
@ChatterBox
@ShotgunInsanity
@shmatka
@buyacushun
@Crusty Clown

Last edited:
Opening the next round with d4 into pressure

Corner pressure

Excellent footsies to land a combo with f2

Whiff punish of d2 with xray on reaction

Whiff punish on the jump in

Conversion on the orbital hat

Throw setup up Foxy

F14 Hardknockdown setup by Foxy

Last edited:
Yomi Slayer - anti-air setup

Sonicfox - whiff punish

Reo - ducking ex tanfa and continuing the combo

Hayatei (whiff punish)

Yomi Saltface (Reaction to rocket)

Yomi Burgerking (Backdash into whiff punish)

cR Dragon (Neutral Jump Punch to punish run-in orbital hat)

Jupiter (Sick whiff punish to close the round)

Last edited:

Sage Leviathan

I'm platinum mad!
My vote goes to either Reo or Madzin.
If it's not too much trouble, if you do decide to devote a thread to Madzin... could you please make a gif of his pop-off against Vendetta? It actually pissed me off to watch such a crowd going against him, which makes his thunderous German roar all the more satisfying.

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
But you liked my neutral at NEC post:(

Let me hop on my laptop so I can read this

EDIT: Nice thread Kung Lao and Jax are the top 2 imo when it comes to pressing buttons to get a throw. Wish a I liked a character who did that. Didn't get to look at the rest, got to beat my brother in smash.

I don't know who to vote for since I don't know everyone's main. HAven't been keeping up with the competitive scene.

Last edited:

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
Just noticed the line about a NEC thread . . . .oops my bad bruh. :oops:

Also bump for more exposure. I feel like these should be front page worthy.

Cameronwinss

Hay gurl hay
I would like to see me. Cameron Contessa the amazing Tanya player.

LOL RUN UP B1 fuq you mean
Ghet on Mai lvl scrub lol
30% blockstrings lol I'm amazing

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
How do i do? With my njp as my only good mid? PERFECT! :DOGE
Btw ofc it matters..mos has even harder time against these characters..
PS: oh!!! Im on the gifs!! :eek::rolleyes::oops::cool::p:D
Thanks for the confirmation on what I've been feeling. Who streams the EU stuff? Was thinking of catching some archives.

Thanks for the response guys, especially @Youphemism for the corrections (just edited them now) :D. I plan on updating gifs for the votes (I need to do that earlier from now on lol), and expect an NEC thread soon. If you haven't, vote for who you want to see next in the series.

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
Thanks for the response guys, especially @Youphemism for the corrections (just edited them now) :D. I plan on updating gifs for the votes (I need to do that earlier from now on lol), and expect an NEC thread soon. If you haven't, vote for who you want to see next in the series.
Could you tell me which character would be in the gifs depending on who wins the vote?

Could you tell me which character would be in the gifs depending on who wins the vote?
Usually it will consist primarily of the players main character, unless there's not enough match footage available on that character (then I include gifs of other characters they use). I also try to use the most recent matches possible. For example, if Slayer I would primary use Kung Jin(more recent), but also Kung Lao since he also uses him as well

• Yomi Slayer(Kung Jin/Kung Lao)
  • cR Dragon (Tanya)
  • Yomi Burgerking ( Kung Lao/ Predator/ Quan Chi)
  • Yomi Reo (Jason/Goro)
  • Hayatei (Takeda)
  • Yomi Saltface (Mileena)
  • Jupiter (Jax)

Last edited:
Updated the gifs for the voted players so feel free to check'em out! Also decided to add Jupiter to the voting list. Poll ends in 3 days so cast your votes. NEC thread should also be done by this week