What's new

A few questions :)

So i thought i would post these questions as i don't get this game for a while seeing as i'm UK :(

1. Are throws still able to simply be crouched under? Did they add a tech throw mechanic to break them?

2. Do blocked jump attacks still leave you with no options after landing due to the pushback?

3. How well do normals cancel into specials? Is it during certian attacks, only after single hits, chains, etc?

4. How much variation is there in the block stun for moves? For example, do Supermans HP chains give more frame advantage than say Catwomans whos are probably faster? Or does everyone pretty much have the same properties for their HP/HKs and LP/LKs?

5. Do the characters still have a lot of useless normals, like slow crouching kicks that don't knock down and come out at awkward angles?

6. How deep is the oki this time around? Can you roll to the sides, recovery roll, kick high or low, etc?

MKK hanzo

I will add a few mostly concerned with the stick usage:

1) Since the MK team said it was FULLY compatible with arcade sticks that means that for example: with a 6 button stick i will be able to go into RAGE mode? I think that it could be with all 4 face buttons since its LB + RB.

2) There is another way to 3D sidestep/walk than using the analog stick or holding LB? Is there a combination for this?

Thx everyone

dreemernj

Ambassador
For a 6 button stick I believe you have have 4 attack buttons, block, and 3D button and still have the ability to do everything else. There are already people from this site successfully playing it on stick.

MKK hanzo

Thx Dreemer. I didnt want to bouild an stupid 8 button stick. It just looks to ugly.

To anyone who plays it on stick please any feedback will be apreciated.

Ah another question: How do you run? Tap toward twice or holding toward + 3D button?

As i posted in the arcade stick forums, you can do this with the arcade stick with only 6 buttons because the throw and grab commands can be accomplished by pressing two of the main attack buttons together. I have mine setup now, the stick came today. I made the run button the 3d command so holding it while pressing up will circle instead of jumping. Pressing what is my hp and hk buttons together, grabs (close kombat) and pressing lp and lk together throw. And block is block. Working flawlessly.

Thx Dreemer. I didnt want to bouild an stupid 8 button stick. It just looks to ugly.

To anyone who plays it on stick please any feedback will be apreciated.

Ah another question: How do you run? Tap toward twice or holding toward + 3D button?
run is done by double tapping forward.